What is your credit score? What's the lowest its been?

Never being late isn't the only factor. I've never been late and I'm at 740 - my problem is I went nuts spending for a period of time.

I believe they take the maximum credit you have vs what you owe. So if you have 3 cards open with a 10k max and you have 9k across those cards, it could affect your score negatively.

There's lots of stuff that factors in... here is a snippet for me:

vWyVfxT.jpg

Mine is 800+ though.

Mine is in the high 700's usually. Is it even possible to get into the 800's without a car loan or mortgage payment? I feel like mine has peaked being that I never took out a loan for a car or bought a house.

I've never had either and mine is around 840. Probably has to do with how much credit you have available and how long your credit history is.

All 3 FICO scores (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion) are in the low 800s currently. My wife is always a tad higher then mine. Mines usually fluctuate between 760 at the lowest to low 800s because of all the credit card churning I do. I'm gong to actually cancel a credit card soon and apply for a different one as well. I love free money via sign-on bonus points. If my wife and I decide to go on a churning spree in 2018, you are talking $10,000+ worth of free money in a 3 year period. Highly recommend churning credit cards if you have a high credit score and have no plans on getting a home loan or refinancing a loan in the near future. Especially those with the 800+ scores.

I get a card usually every 6 to 9 months to get the bonus. That way your credit doesn't take a huge hit for a hard hit.

Literally just signed up for another one this week with a $200 bonus.

Dunno but id guess 500. Made alot of bad decisions in the past and shit am i paying for it now.

Usually mid 700s. Just so everyone is aware, credit karma and similar sites are inaccurate. When I tried to get a mortgage on a house the first time l credit karma said my score was 680, in reality it was like 500. Most of the time it's an okay ballpark though.

My lowest credit score was in the high 400s. I missed two months of student loan payments. I disputed because my account was in forbearance, but Nelnet didn't give a shit and reported me to the credit bureaus. I paid the late fees and the lump payments right when I found out. My ex also put my name on an apartment lease without me knowing, no idea how she did it... Shocker, she broke the lease and refused to pay the penalties. 2 missed payments and the lease is all it took to take my credit score from 780 to 400. Took 2 years to get it back to the high 600s to buy a house. Keep an eye on it kiddos.

Usually mid 700s. Just so everyone is aware, credit karma and similar sites are inaccurate. When I tried to get a mortgage on a house the first time l credit karma said my score was 680, in reality it was like 500. Most of the time it's an okay ballpark though.

My lowest credit score was in the high 400s. I missed two months of student loan payments. I disputed because my account was in forbearance, but Nelnet didn't give a shit and reported me to the credit bureaus. I paid the late fees and the lump payments right when I found out. My ex also put my name on an apartment lease without me knowing, no idea how she did it... Shocker, she broke the lease and refused to pay the penalties. 2 missed payments and the lease is all it took to take my credit score from 780 to 400. Took 2 years to get it back to the high 600s to buy a house. Keep an eye on it kiddos.

Credit Karma was 200 points off? I know it's not 100% the same as what the banks use, but I don't think it's that far off. It's usually like 10 to 20 points off.

I use several sites to check and some are very accurate.

True about the credit score. Credit Karma et al is considered a 'retail' score. Score used to issue credit cards, car loans, etc. When you enter the real estate mortgage territory it gets a little more serious and they do a deeper dive.

I dont know that I've ever checked it when we bought our first house, but had to recently since we're house hunting now. I'm at 815.

Hmmmmm I don't know let me check.

I think the first time I checked my credit score it was like 740

Damn, apparently only have three open accounts doesn't help my score too much. Car loan, student loans and credit card specific to one store that I never use and has zero balance.

Funny how I have a $5000 credit limit through Paypal but using that all the time and paying that off right away doesn't get reported to my credit. But I'm willing bet, if didn't pay them back they'd report that shit. Maybe I should actually open a credit card and transfer the $700 or so balance from PayPal to that.

Years ago my credit was in the mid 400's. Very shitty. I couldn't get a checking or saving account at any bank or credit union. I had to pay everything with cash or MO/Cashier Check. Real ghetto shit. Now it's in the 800's and everything is dandy like candy.

Damn, apparently only have three open accounts doesn't help my score too much. Car loan, student loans and credit card specific to one store that I never use and has zero balance.

Funny how I have a $5000 credit limit through Paypal but using that all the time and paying that off right away doesn't get reported to my credit. But I'm willing bet, if didn't pay them back they'd report that shit. Maybe I should actually open a credit card and transfer the $700 or so balance from PayPal to that.
Don’t transfer the balance. Just use the cc for daily purchases. Pay off in full every month.

Don’t transfer the balance. Just use the cc for daily purchases. Pay off in full every month.
Yeah, but if open a credit card and pay that Paypal balance off of that first, at least it'll be reported to the credit bureau.

Plus I was thinking about getting a Southwest credit card.. that $700 would put me close to the $1000 needed to get the 40,000 points

Yeah, but if open a credit card and pay that Paypal balance off of the that first, at least it'll be reported to the credit bureau.

Plus I was thinking about getting a Southwest credit card.. that $700 would put me close to the $1000 needed to get the 40,000 points
You’ll get hit with a 3% balance transfer fee. Plus you’ll have like 3 months to hit minimum spend. You’ll do that by just buying gas and groceries.

Get the credit karma app. You’ll see how your credit score breaks down and how to raise it. Don’t need to raise it unless you’re looking for a loan of some sorts.

You’ll get hit with a 3% balance transfer fee. Plus you’ll have like 3 months to hit minimum spend. You’ll do that by just buying gas and groceries.

Get the credit karma app. You’ll see how your credit score breaks down and how to raise it. Don’t need to raise it unless you’re looking for a loan of some sorts.
yeah, I'm not too concerned about it. It said on Brankrate that one of the way I can make it higher is to get my student loan balance lower than the original amount. Right now interest has fucked me to the point that I owe $2000 more than what the original amount was.

That's what really kills me, the only real debt I have is my student loan.. around $34000.

Currently at about 1,050. Pretty sure the IRS owes ME money!

Lowest has been has to be when I was born.

Hope this helps.

yeah, I'm not too concerned about it. It said on Brankrate that one of the way I can make it higher is to get my student loan balance lower than the original amount. Right now interest has fucked me to the point that I owe $2000 more than what the original amount was.

That's what really kills me, the only real debt I have is my student loan.. around $34000.
Student loans are the devils piss bucket. Same. My goal is to pay off student loans in two years. My apr is reasonable at 3.75%, but it’s just wasted money. No wonder dave Ramsay hates Fannie Mae so much.

Back