What is your credit score? What's the lowest its been?

When I applied for my mortgage, I think it was 792. When I got my car earlier this year, I think it bumped up a few points. Maybe 796 or so. Just a shade under 800.

Damn I feel for people with high student loans, especially if they are not making significant money out of school. I'm fortunate my parents paid for my college, but even if they didn't back then in undergrad community college was ~$500 a semester and you could take as much credits as you want and when I transferred to the university it was only like $1500 a semester at the time. I was also working half the time. My first job was at Baskin Robbins making $5.25/hr. In my junion/senior year I worked valet and made like $5.50/hr, but would rack in over $100 in tips when I worked nights. That was pretty good money for a college student back then, lol...

683. Not sure why so low. Used to be way higher. I remember a big drop after I consolidated my student loans. Negative factors listd affecting my score:

The balances on your accounts are too high compared to loan amounts
The date that you opened your oldest account is too recent
The total of all balances on your open accounts is too high
The balance amount paid down on your open installment accounts is too low

I'm planning on using PSLF to pay off my education loans, so I haven't bothered paying them down much. I'm guessing I'll have "good" range credit until my student loans disappear.

for those asking how it's effected, each credit score is comprised of different factors. For example, the most popular score Fair Isaac Corp (or FICO) is comprised 65% of payment history and current debt (or credit utilization)...

Vantage has a separate formula that is similar but different
FICO Score
  • The Consumer’s Payment History: 35%
  • Total Amounts Owed by the Consumer: 30%
  • Length of the Consumer’s Credit History: 15%
  • Types of Credit Used by the Consumer: 10%
  • Amount of the Consumer’s New Credit: 10%

VantageScore

• Amount of the Consumer’s Recent Credit: 30%
  • The Consumer’s Payment History: 28%
  • Utilization of the Consumer’s Current Credit: 23%
  • Size of the Consumer’s Account Balances: 9%