What is the Republican message?

If we are talking platforms.

lower personal taxes even for "rich" people (dont punish success)
Immigration reform
Reducing corporate tax.

Atleast that's what I like.

Family values, which includes being OK with Adultery and 30 year old dudes cruising malls and High schools.

Maybe preventing change--whether it be social, economic, or demographic. I don't think it's practical or wise, but it's not for me.

Last edited:
Republicans try to push a teach a man to fish mentality while democrats try to push give a man a fish mentality.

Then they are both utter failures as Democrats make way more money than Republicans....

Why would they make a push for something that the Supreme Court has ruled unconstitutional?

Drink this straight from the elephant's trunk, you lost fucking cause:

"Traditional marriage and family, based on marriage between one man and one woman, is the foundation for a free society and has for millennia been entrusted with rearing children and instilling cultural values. We condemn the Supreme Court’s ruling in United States v. Windsor, which wrongly removed the ability of Congress to define marriage policy in federal law. We also condemn the Supreme Court’s lawless ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, which in the words of the late Justice Antonin Scalia, was a “judicial Putsch” — full of “silly extravagances” — that reduced “the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Storey to the mystical aphorisms of a fortune cookie.” In Obergefell, five unelected lawyers robbed 320 million Americans of their legitimate constitutional authority to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman. The Court twisted the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment beyond recognition. To echo Scalia, we dissent. We, therefore, support the appointment of justices and judges who respect the constitutional limits on their power and respect the authority of the states to decide such fundamental social questions."

No Republican cares about gay marriage anymore

Nasdarovje comrade! You keep up good postings and your family will be spared Gulag.

Jobs jobs jobs

Unemployment = idle hours, loss of self-esteem, strained family relationships, deprivation of children, alcoholism, drug abuse and crime.
A job is a key measure of a person's place in society...Jobs are the solution to poverty, hunger and other basic needs of workers and their families.

Christian fundamentalism + White Power! + Crony Capitalism

There is an ongoing thread right now about the modern Democratic party's message. Unsurprisingly, it appears that the Democratic message is interpreted drastically differently depending on who you ask. That made me wonder how different people are interpreting the Republican message.

What do you believe the Republican message is?

hiya there nac386,

the GOP message is, "we have to stop giving things to people that they don't deserve - however we're not talking about you".

i always wonder who they are referring to?

the sugar industry and its endless giveaways?
Iowa and its ridiculous insistence on ethanol subsidies?
the numerous tax deductable goodies made just for the fossil fuel industry?
the Bundy ranchers who insist that they get grazing rights, in perpetuity on public land, for free?
the legion of white working families on the SNAP program?

or maybe its just black people. black and brown folks.

- IGIT

Seriously, though, I think this is one I'd like to see a sincere response to from people who like the message.

heya Jack,

i think their message will be something along the lines of, "remember 2009? that was the Democrats. financial ruin. despair."
dark foreboding music will surge in the background; think Wagner.

then something brighter, more upbeat. something with a bit pep to it. with happy stock images of joyful americans enjoying their bountiful good fortune.

"Donald Trump has bought prosperity to America"

i don't always agree with Chait, but i think he's right on this one.

- IGIT

Jobs jobs jobs

Unemployment = idle hours, loss of self-esteem, strained family relationships, deprivation of children, alcoholism, drug abuse and crime.
A job is a key measure of a person's place in society...Jobs are the solution to poverty, hunger and other basic needs of workers and their families.
This outlook becomes a problem when Republicans are against having a living wage and are okay with large corporations like walmart receiving corporate welfare when they dump their employees on our social services to the tune of billions.

This outlook becomes a problem when Republicans are against having a living wage and are okay with large corporations like walmart receiving corporate welfare when they dump their employees on our social services to the tune of billions.

in other words.....
Dear govt... poor people need money! give it to them..
oh hey poor people.. do not get part-time jobs either..

That's pretty convenient.

Right wing utopia

arming%2Bt.jpg

images

Republicans

“We’re the party of the old white male so who better than us should control a woman’s cunt”

Last edited:
Seems to me that the Christian right has been entirely discredited (in that, they have no values that are separate from support for the GOP), and the libertarian right is 95% there, too. Judo's attitude there doesn't even fit with what the party is actually doing (protectionism, cronyism, authoritarianism, etc.). Just looks like all the factions were just fronts, and it's purely identity politics steering the ship.

You couldn’t hit the bullseye better than this post.

Christians (lol) completely sold their souls to the devil this go around. Jack did you ever think you’d see evangelical Christians (the real wackos) defending child molesters and wife beaters. Sure they might protect them under the cloth of the church but I never thought they’d protect the political elite the same way.

I’d say Jesus would be rolling over in his grave but he moved the rock and left that hole during Easter time. Lol

Leave Me The Fuck Alone. You Do Your Shit, I'll Do Mine

Is this supposed to be ironic?

You know you're talking about the party that legitimately is introducing legislation and rallying support on the basis of telling people where to shit, right?

Seems to me that the Christian right has been entirely discredited (in that, they have no values that are separate from support for the GOP), and the libertarian right is 95% there, too. Judo's attitude there doesn't even fit with what the party is actually doing (protectionism, cronyism, authoritarianism, etc.). Just looks like all the factions were just fronts, and it's purely identity politics steering the ship.

hi JVS,

i agree with this completely. the Evangelical right has been rendered irrelevant.

the fact that Trump triumphed over a field of GOP candidates who wore their Christianity like badges of honor shows that lay people vote on the same stuff that everyone else votes on; jobs and economy.

- IGIT

Jobs jobs jobs

You left out " well paying " , there are lots of jobs out there, ones that pay a decent wage are becoming more scarce, Republicans have been attacking things like unions and minimum wage since Reagan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back