What is the Republican message?

I didn't mean Seriously to be condescending (i'm not smug, so don't do that), I mean it like a serious answer
Thanks for clarifying, but I do think you need to have more specific goals in mind.

Thanks for clarifying, but I do think you need to have more specific goals in mind.
well 1) i'm not a Republican voter, and 2) clearly their goal isn't to have some clearcut, set out goal. As the Dems don't either or else they'd risk ostracizing one of their pandered too groups.

It's pretty obvious the GOP is for the wealthy/elite that also have a more conservative social view. The only reason they even tout these social views (anti abortion, pro guns, etc...) is to pander to the non wealthy that feel ostracized by the left. Poor rubes don't care about corporate tax rates, they do care about their guns though. The wealthy elite GOP probably don't give two shits about abortion or gay marriage or tranny bs, but they know that their non rich base does. Now that the Religious Right is clearly losing influence that it once had in the 90s, it seems like that social platform has been hijacked by Nationalists/Isolationists or basically people against anything that isn't normal or could be deemed as weird
edit: I should argue this last pt is a shame, and the MAIN reason IMO the Libertarian group even exists. Fiscal conservative? cool, but pump the brakes on telling people what to do shit

Last edited:
There is an ongoing thread right now about the modern Democratic party's message. Unsurprisingly, it appears that the Democratic message is interpreted drastically differently depending on who you ask. That made me wonder how different people are interpreting the Republican message.

What do you believe the Republican message is?

Sems to be more optimistic.

Those memes are really funny.

BUT Republican states donate more to charity than Dems states by a wide margin. Repubs are not against charity.

I'm wondering if church donations are factored into the numbers, because I live in the south and there are legit mega churches the size of stadium.

You said the message is "jobs jobs jobs". I then point out how so many jobs are not paying enough, and how Republicans are against having jobs that pay enough and the resulting welfare. You respond with bitching about poor people. This doesn't make any sense from any perspective.

It's really bizarre to me how people like you are against individuals receiving welfare but you didn't even respond to me pointing out that corporations are receiving vast sums of public welfare.

That kind of sums up the point I made about the republican message: "Corporations > All"

For ex: walmart

"collectively profit from nearly $7.8 billion per year in federal subsidies and tax breaks.
The $7.8 billion includes an estimated $6.2 billion in public assistance for low-wage Walmart employees, including programs like food stamps, subsidized housing, and Medicaid. It also includes an estimated $70 million per year in "economic development subsidies" from state and legal governments eager to host Walmart in their cities."

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/walmart-government-subsidies-study

So the lesson here is.... don't work at Walmart until they can pay a living wage. When enough people do that and Walmart has really shity employees they will either raise wages or be swallowed by amazon.

Maybe that's the difference how we see it. you want the government to mandate the company to pay X.

I say if that company didn't have to pay so much in tax, they would be able to give that to their employees.

Last edited:
For ex: walmart

"collectively profit from nearly $7.8 billion per year in federal subsidies and tax breaks.
The $7.8 billion includes an estimated $6.2 billion in public assistance for low-wage Walmart employees, including programs like food stamps, subsidized housing, and Medicaid. It also includes an estimated $70 million per year in "economic development subsidies" from state and legal governments eager to host Walmart in their cities."

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/walmart-government-subsidies-study

So the lesson here is.... don't work at Walmart until they can pay a living wage. When enough people do that and Walmart has really shity employees they will either raise wages or be swallowed by amazon.
Right, because people that work at wal mart are just swimming in options.

You really haven't thought this through, have you?

Right, because people that work at wal mart are just swimming in options.

You really haven't thought this through, have you?

You can't just make Walmart by itself pay a living wage can you? Is that the idea just one law that affects Walmart only? or would that same law affect the company with 10 employees?

Walmart =Target ,McDonald's......just using Walmart as of the name to make it simpler

You can't just make Walmart by itself pay a living wage can you? Is that the idea just one law that affects Walmart only? or would that same law affect the company with 10 employees?

Walmart =Target ,McDonald's......just using Walmart as of the name to make it simpler
Guy, wages have been flat for decades. Your hands off free market approach clearly isn't working.
478d74356cde0e40577aab0c59c8013c.gif

See that? That right there?? That is the REAL reason average American families are hurting so badly. And the Republican answer to this pain is: deregulation, corporate tax cuts, corporate welfare.

No, a law targeting wal mart wouldn't work. Something like a living wage law that is tied to the consumer price index would however. So minimum wages could go up (or down) based on the cost of living. And you could do this on a state by state basis because the cost of living in each state is different. Something like a 15$ minimum is silly. It's an arbitrary number and for some places could be way too high and in others way too low.

American families NEED relief and republicans aren't providing the solutions.

Guy, wages have been flat for decades. Your hands off free market approach clearly isn't working.
478d74356cde0e40577aab0c59c8013c.gif

See that? That right there?? That is the REAL reason average American families are hurting so badly. And the Republican answer to this pain is: deregulation, corporate tax cuts, corporate welfare.

No, a law targeting wal mart wouldn't work. Something like a living wage law that is tied to the consumer price index would however. So minimum wages could go up (or down) based on the cost of living. And you could do this on a state by state basis because the cost of living in each state is different. Something like a 15$ minimum is silly. It's an arbitrary number and for some places could be way too high and in others way too low.

American families NEED relief and republicans aren't providing the solutions.

I wonder if its the impact of having The Big Box world we live in. We want shit cheap. $200 flat screens...that's why Walmart rakes in billions of dollars..in order to get it cheap, you have to have cheap labor.

We didn't have Wal-Mart's on every corner back then feding us the cheapest price avail. As consumers we made Wal-Mart. We essentially said...we want cheap products,Wal-Mart filled the need.

If you think Wal-Mart /big box was bad for the econmy, wait until amazon is done.

And what is a living wage? is a living wage not different between a person who has six kids and a person who has zero? Or a person who's married to a wealthy spouse or a person who is not?

Last edited:
I wonder if its the impact of having The Big Box world we live in. We want shit cheap. $200 flat screens...that's why Walmart rakes in billions of dollars..in order to get it cheap, you have to have cheap labor.

We didn't have Wal-Mart's on every corner back then feding us the cheapest price avail. As consumers we made Wal-Mart. We essentially said...we want cheap products,Wal-Mart filled the need.

If you think Wal-Mart /big box was bad for the econmy, wait until amazon is done.

And what is a living wage? is a living wage not different between a person who has six kids and a person who has zero? or person who's married or person who is not?

People should have to live with the consequences of their decisions. If you have 6 kids on minimum wage tough shit. You brought that on yourself. But people are not responsible for the state of the economy and stagnant wages for decades. The government and the corporations are responsible for that.

Your assertion is that wages for wal mart workers need to be low, so that the products are cheap. How do you reconcile that with the fact that wal mart made 124 billion dollars PROFIT in 2017??

Stores like wal mart are able to deliver super cheap prices because of overseas labor, not because of employee wages.

And what is a living wage? is a living wage not different between a person who has six kids and a person who has zero? Or a person who's married to a wealthy spouse or a person who is not?
I ran the numbers on what it would cost wal mart to raise their wages for all workers by 5$ an hour.

They have 2.3 million employees worldwide. I couldn't find a number of how many are hourly workers so I did my math for all 2.3m employees.

Assuming an average hourly worker at wal mart works 35 hours a week, raising their minimum pay 5$ an hour for all 2.3m employees would cost 19 billion dollars. Leaving wal mart executives with a mere 105 billion $ in profit =[

Again the number would actually be much lower because I can't account for how many of the 2.3m employees are hourly but it's less than 100% of them, obviously

Poor little guys... only making 100 billion profit....

So... why don't they do this??? GREED.

People should have to live with the consequences of their decisions. If you have 6 kids on minimum wage tough shit. You brought that on yourself. But people are not responsible for the state of the economy and stagnant wages for decades. The government and the corporations are responsible for that.

Your assertion is that wages for wal mart workers need to be low, so that the products are cheap. How do you reconcile that with the fact that wal mart made 124 billion dollars PROFIT in 2017??

Stores like wal mart are able to deliver super cheap prices because of overseas labor, not because of employee wages.

Again if the wages are not livable then don't work there...and if there's no other place to get a job in your city.. move somewhere else.

I support a raise in minimum wage to 9.25

I'm not a supporter of raising wages to some undefined imaginary buzzword (living wage) based on how much money a company makes.

Again if the wages are not livable then don't work there...and if there's no other place to get a job in your city.. move somewhere else.

I support a raise in minimum wage to 9.25

I'm not a supporter of raising wages to some undefined imaginary buzzword (living wage) based on how much money a company makes.
Yeah, dodge noted pal. You literally addressed nothing that I said.

"Hurr durr how come poor people that don't have money or job options move to another city???" Really dude.

Easy

Work hard, obey the law, quit bitching, dont blame others and you'll be successful.

Work hard ?
Fuck you, pay me.

Obey the law ?
Unless it goes against your "beliefs".

Quit bitching and don't blame others ?
Lol....that's the Republican M.O

Back