What is the Republican message?

Leave Me The Fuck Alone. You Do Your Shit, I'll Do Mine

PS. Unless it has to do with sex, then we will tell you what to do!

th

You literally just said that you are pro-gay marriage.

The Republican party is against gay marriage.

So yes, there is a disconnect between you and the Republican platform. Have you read up on VP Mike Pence's views on gays?

The Republican party isn't against gay marriage. If they were, then it would be illegal

The Republican party isn't against gay marriage. If they were, then it would be illegal

This is not a debatable topic. It appears that the reality of the situation is that you just don't know the platform of the party you voted for.

Here is their platform:

https://prod-static-ngop-pbl.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf?mid=76323&rid=13483726

On page 11:

Traditional marriage and family, based on marriage between one man and one woman, is the foundation for a free society and has for millennia been entrusted with rearing children and instilling cultural values. We condemn the Supreme Court’s ruling in United States v. Windsor, which wrongly removed the ability of Congress to define marriage policy in federal law. We also condemn the Supreme Court’s lawless ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, which in the words of the late Justice Antonin Scalia, was a “judicial Putsch” — full of “silly extravagances” — that reduced “the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Storey to the mystical aphorisms of a fortune cookie.” In Obergefell, five unelected lawyers robbed 320 million Americans of their legitimate constitutional authority to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman. The Court twisted the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment beyond recognition. To echo Scalia, we dissent. We, therefore, support the appointment of justices and judges who respect the constitutional limits on their power and respect the authority of the states to decide such fundamental social questions.

Yeah, it gets ridiculous. For me, it gets more and more difficult to really align with either of the parties in any meaningful way each election cycle.

Not surprising, when politicians only care about getting money for reelection campaigns, which means coddling with special interest lobbyists.

This is not a debatable topic. It appears that the reality of the situation is that you just don't know the platform of the party you voted for.

Here is their platform:

https://prod-static-ngop-pbl.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf?mid=76323&rid=13483726

On page 11:

The republicans are in power. If they wanted gay marriage to be illegal then they would push for it. They haven't made one single push for it.

It's just the left trying to push the victim mentality when there isn't one

The republicans are in power. If they wanted gay marriage to be illegal then they would push for it. They haven't made one single push for it.

Why would they make a push for something that the Supreme Court has ruled unconstitutional?

So then you disagree with a huge faction of the Republican party.
On the subject of homosexuality yes I do. As I said, that's a personal choice. If I want my hetero choice to be respected I have an obligation to reciprocate.

So then you disagree with a huge faction of the Republican party.
Do you agree with every platform or ideology of the Left?

People are more complicated than that.

So your stance is that the Republicans are lying in their official platform?

...and that it is somehow the left's fault for believing them?

Lol. What in the world?

Do you agree with every platform or ideology of the Left?

People are more complicated than that.

No, but you were putting out what you thought was an appropriate mission statement for the GOP, which was problematic, which is what I was commenting on.

There is an ongoing thread right now about the modern Democratic party's message. Unsurprisingly, it appears that the Democratic message is interpreted drastically differently depending on who you ask. That made me wonder how different people are interpreting the Republican message.

What do you believe the Republican message is?
Separate the rich from the poor.
Give the rich more money. Stifle any attempts to establish a national health care system. Give lip service to personal freedoms. Keep brown people from voting.

And, apparently, stand idly by while their fucking stupid president bumbles his way through a disastrous term and enable his Russia-loving.

Democrats seem to get other shit done in between.

Yea that's the sad part we've settled for the lesser of two evils instead of trying to find something better. Wish a third party candidate could win already that would really change things if the Dems and Repubs had to keep against another party.

Separate the rich from the poor.
Give the rich more money. Stifle any attempts to establish a national health care system. Give lip service to personal freedoms. Keep brown people from voting.

And, apparently, stand idly by while their fucking stupid president bumbles his way through a disastrous term and enable his Russia-loving.

"Keep brown people from voting:

man liberals think so little of black people

Back