What is the best SNES game of all time?

Yoshi's Island was better than Super Mario World. Extremely and consistently underrated game.

Super Metroid still tops the list.

Are we the same person?

Super Metroid is the best game ever developed.

I'll bite - what are your top 3 then?

SNES is the GOAT system for me, can't decide between Zelda, SF2 Turbo, or Mario Cart

Super metroid, FF VI, Chrono Trigger. (Before the list was updated)

Lttp would probably be my #5, SMW would be somewhere 6-10.

Loved this game back in the day

images

Loved this game back in the day

images
Earthworm Jim 2 Level Ate is one of my all time favorite levels, also had one of my most hated with the Flying King. Loved What The Heck on the first EJ.

Super metroid, FF VI, Chrono Trigger. (Before the list was updated)

Lttp would probably be my #5, SMW would be somewhere 6-10.

Definitely Super Metroid and FF VI for me. Both Epic games.

Super Metroid was the first game that actually created atmosphere for me, and FF VI was the first that pulled me into a story. Nostalgia pwnd.

I mentioned it in another thread but my friend sent me like 25 SNES games. Since I was a Sega kid, I'll be playing a majority of what's on this list for the very first time.

Earthworm Jim 2 Level Ate is one of my all time favorite levels, also had one of my most hated with the Flying King. Loved What The Heck on the first EJ.

Never played the 2nd unfortunetly...

Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium, but out of this poll, probably Link to the Past. Street Fighter II was the worst of the three SF games.

My list ordered from the games in the poll:
  1. Super Metroid
  2. Super Mario Kart
  3. Super Mario World
  4. Chrono Trigger
  5. Street Fighter II
  6. Final Fantasy VI
  7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  8. Super Mario RPG
  9. Super Castlevania IV

Last edited:
Super Mario World for me, Chrono Trigger close 2nd

Norway's pretty far up. Will you introduce me to Varg Vikernes? Maybe afterwards we can go burn some churches.

Haven't seen dude in ages, but I used to live next door to his girlfriend and my aunt was in his class in grades 1-9.
I think he's in france now though. He was found to be a racist piece of human garbage in a court there this july.

FFVI by a country mile for me. It's amazing how immersive a game can be with such limited tech.

I think I'm the only person in the world that never got into Metroid. I tried to play them all but only ever got into the prime series. I tried playing Super Metroid at like 3 different times in my life and could never get into it.

I picked up most of them on my Ipad and have been ripping trough them.

3 and 6 are games that left a huge impression and why I got the SNES in the first place.

7 was brilliant but for me I think my fav may be VI.
It's tough, like picking your favorite child.

I was able to get FFVII a few days before release because my friend lied to me and told me they were in stock at Toys 'R Us (the only place back then we could pre-order the game). So we drove an hour away and they told us we couldn't get them. He argued with them until they got tired of it and they gave us our games. He told me later that when he called, they initially said he could get it but then said he'd have to wait till the release date. He didn't tell me that. So anyway, that's the story about how I got FFVII about three days before public release. What a game. Loved it. Best thing about the game was the 20 minute ending.

And despite all of that, I still have more love for FFIII/VI than FFVII. Final Fantasy III is a timeless masterpiece. One of the greatest games ever.

Skip to 3:00.

what? :icon_lol:

Varg Vikernes. The most famous Norwegian to us metalheads. :icon_chee

Haven't seen dude in ages, but I used to live next door to his girlfriend and my aunt was in his class in grades 1-9.
I think he's in france now though. He was found to be a racist piece of human garbage in a court there this july.

Yeah, he's a psychopath. Interesting person/life, but a murdering scumbag.

I'm a huge fan of Scandinavian metal, though. Not Mayhem. They're an extremely interesting story but I don't like their music.

FFVI by a country mile for me. It's amazing how immersive a game can be with such limited tech.

I think I'm the only person in the world that never got into Metroid. I tried to play them all but only ever got into the prime series. I tried playing Super Metroid at like 3 different times in my life and could never get into it.

You're not the only one. I never got into the Metroid series. Granted, it was a few years after the original Metroid's release before I ever played it, but I just didn't care much for it. Tried Super Metroid and one or two on a handheld game but I can't remember the name(s). I just never got into them. They weren't bad but I just didn't get why people loved them so much. Just seemed... mediocre.

I wish someone would make new versions of 8 or 16 bit game for these old systems.

My list ordered from the games in the poll:
  1. Super Metroid
  2. Super Mario Kart
  3. Super Mario World
  4. Chrono Trigger
  5. Street Fighter II
  6. Final Fantasy VI
  7. Super Mario RPG
  8. Super Castlevania IV

not a Zelda fan i take it

I was able to get FFVII a few days before release because my friend lied to me and told me they were in stock at Toys 'R Us (the only place back then we could pre-order the game). So we drove an hour away and they told us we couldn't get them. He argued with them until they got tired of it and they gave us our games. He told me later that when he called, they initially said he could get it but then said he'd have to wait till the release date. He didn't tell me that. So anyway, that's the story about how I got FFVII about three days before public release. What a game. Loved it. Best thing about the game was the 20 minute ending.

And despite all of that, I still have more love for FFIII/VI than FFVII. Final Fantasy III is a timeless masterpiece. One of the greatest games ever.
Most people I've met that played 6 first prefer that one. Most people I've met that played 7 first prefer it. 6 has certainly aged better though.

The impact of Square leaving Nintendo for Sony was HUGE back then, it basically started the third party exodus that still haunts them to this day with the Wii U.

not a Zelda fan i take it
Ha, I was scratching my head wondering why the guy only had nine games. But...no, not a huge Zelda fan as great as it was. I enjoyed Ocarina of Time the most. I think I actually played Link's Awakening more than any of the others on my Gameboy at swim meets, but nobody else seemed to like that one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back