Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Zelda-Light-World.jpg

SCRcv45.gif

196082-smw1.jpg

Street%20Fighter%20II%20-%20The%20World%20Warrior%20(U).png

I chose A Link to the Past though Super Mario World is a close second. I always found the Castlevania controls a bit awkward and I sucked at Street Fighter.

Ive always heard people mentioning Chrono Trigger - I'm not huge on turn-based games and kind of gave up extremely early the first few times trying it.

Should I just tough out the beginning until I get into it?

Looking for that extra boost to try again lol

Super Metroid was very good. I guess it fits right in on top 5

by the way this if the first time i come to this forum. whats up guys?

FF3 and Chrono Trigger are tied.

Pretty sure DimmuSakuraba was gonna make this thread Falch. He was getting there ;).

Plus you didn't even have Chrono Trigger or Super Metroid. I'll wait for his thread.

well easily Mario Kart and Super street fighter 2

mario-kart-snes.jpeg

24293_front.jpg

but the hidden gem is easily

588651_59830_front.jpg

Ive always heard people mentioning Chrono Trigger - I'm not huge on turn-based games and kind of gave up extremely early the first few times trying it.

Should I just tough out the beginning until I get into it?

Looking for that extra boost to try again lol

I would. Most definitely. It gets a lot better as you progress through the story. It's a story about time travel. So you meet lots of cool characters, travel to different eras. Plus the music and graphics are top notch for the SNES and as you progress all your characters will learn Double and Triple Tech's and you can pull off nice combos. The games depth gets way better by the time you get around Magus' castle, with tough boss battles and have to use specific skills to take out certain mobs who have weaknesses to certain elements.

So you should at least try to get through 1000 AD and 600 AD. After you get Frog and Robo the game gets really good.

Wtf, only 4 choices?

Final Fantasy III (VI internationally). Not even on the poll.

Super Mario World. I don't really like Chrono Trigger, FF games, or Super Metroid, but those were all great games, too, and they all deserved mention here.

One thing that is throwing me is the SF2 inclusion. It wasn't even the best Street Fighter game for the SNES, nevermind best SNES game period. SSF2 crushes it in every aspect, from superior control, updated graphics, twice as many playable characters, better music and SFX, and better competitive balance between characters.

Balance wise, SSF2 is on a whole different level from most other fighting games. People have won major tournaments with bottom tier characters like T-Hawk. Ever see anybody win a major UMK3 tournament with Shang Tsung or Sheeva? It's pretty crazy how balanced SSF2 is considering when it came out.

That wasn't the best SF game on SNES either.

Back