What is Mighty Mouse’s Best Discipline?

His clinch striking is easily his best skill. It's a torrent of knees and elbows

People say they hate on him bc of his size, but they really hate him bc of his high fight IQ.

Being able to go on the kiddie rides in mall entrances ?

Being able to dress up for Halloween and get free candy from unsuspecting parents?

Able to buy a kids priced ticket at the movie theatre?

We all know that Demetrious Johnson is one of the most well rounded fighters in all of MMA... that being said, most fighters excelled at a single discipline before transitioning to mixed martial arts. All I can find is that MM wrestled in high school, but never won a state title (2nd and 3rd). Im surprised that such a great athlete at his weight can dominate grown (I use the term lightly) men as a pro but couldn’t win a championship in high school. Has he ever competed in other martial arts at a high level, or was he just able to adapt extremely well to cage fighting?

Well, he is part of the "new generation", one that grew up with full MMA Training.
So he did not need to go through Wrestling, BJJ and a striking gym to get well rounded.

But IMO his base is wrestling, which he uses very well to determine where to take the fight.

he could keep a guy like Cerrudo at bay because he could neutralise his wrestling.

How is Cruz better since then? He's past his prime and has had dozen injuries since then. In fact DJ was the last person to fight pre-injury Dom.

Skill wise DJ is the more impressive grappler. He's shown better top control and subs in all of his fights than TJ. TJ is a better striker but not by much. Dom after all of his injuries is probably still a bit better on the ground but much worse on the feet.

They're bigger and even (at best) with him. You're insane if cannot see the that MM is worlds better than he was damn near 7 years ago
DJ has looked more impressive on the ground
......against bums.

I remember watching the JRE podcast and MM said that Matt Hume would sign him up to contests in each individual martial arts, he said that he has had Muay Thai fights, boxing fights, kickboxing fights, no gi matches etc. He also said thats why he believes he can adapt so well in fights, he is familiar with each martial art and what they bring.

DJ has looked more impressive on the ground
......against bums.
Cejudo: Olympic gold medalist, arguably beat Joe B
Benividez x2: Top 3 BW for years, #1 FLW for years, took Cruz to split decision, beat prime Torres
Dodson x2: Top 10 BW, TKO'd TJ, arguably beat Liniker and Moraes
Horiguchi: One of the best strikers in the lower weight classes. dominated everyone not named DJ

And he also dominated nearly everyone he fought at BW.

Your hate for DJ is actually insane. TJ's ground game is well below MM's. TJ (despite being well rounded) is primarily a striker and has not proven to be as dangerous on the ground as MM.

Cejudo: Olympic gold medalist, arguably beat Joe B
Benividez x2: Top 3 BW for years, #1 FLW for years, took Cruz to split decision, beat prime Torres
Dodson x2: Top 10 BW, TKO'd TJ, arguably beat Liniker and Moraes
Horiguchi: One of the best strikers in the lower weight classes. dominated everyone not named DJ

And he also dominated nearly everyone he fought at BW.

Your hate for DJ is actually insane. TJ's ground game is well below MM's. TJ (despite being well rounded) is primarily a striker and has not proven to be as dangerous on the ground as MM.
I dont hate DJ, I'm just not delusional about the fact that he fights in the weakest division in MMA.
DJ would not do that to 90% of the BW division and him getting ragdolled by Dom is clear evidence of that.

I dont hate DJ, I'm just not delusional about the fact that he fights in the weakest division in MMA.
DJ doesn't fight at HW, where everyone is ancient, unathletic, or Stipe. He fights in the youngest division and still beats former can current top 10 BWs. You're the only delusional one here dude.

DJ would not do that to 90% of the BW division and him getting ragdolled by Dom is clear evidence of that.
He literally did that to everyone but Dom at BW. And he still clearly outstruck Dom as a part time fighter. And by your logic, TJ getting starched in less than a round by Dodson shows that DJ would put his lights out just as quick.

If you at least owned hating him, I would respect you more.

DJ doesn't fight at HW, where everyone is ancient, unathletic, or Stipe. He fights in the youngest division and still beats former can current top 10 BWs. You're the only delusional one here dude.

He literally did that to everyone but Dom at BW. And he still clearly outstruck Dom as a part time fighter. And by your logic, TJ getting starched in less than a round by Dodson shows that DJ would put his lights out just as quick.

If you at least owned hating him, I would respect you more.
Troll gonna troll.

Troll gonna troll.
What?

You: DJ only fights cans and hasn't improved in 7 years. FLW sucks

Me: Here is a list of the top FLWs DJ has beaten and their impressive achievements.

You: Nope, they suk lol.

Take a long walk off a short cliff, kid. The only troll here is you. At least have the balls to own it.

What?

You: DJ only fights cans and hasn't improved in 7 years. FLW sucks

Me: Here is a list of the top FLWs DJ has beaten and their impressive achievements.

You: Nope, they suk lol.

Take a long walk off a short cliff, kid. The only troll here is you. At least have the balls to own it.
Trolls gonna troll

Similar to GSP, fighters don't know if he's striking or grappling, and with his speed and explosiveness, his take downs are extremely hard to resist. Yeah, he has a fair amount of knockouts and submissions, but I'd say his MMA wrestling is what he excels at. He's taken down some accomplished wrestlers and grapplers. Also, 2nd place at state in a wrestling hotbed like Washington/Pacific Northwest isn't bad at all.

Remember this is the area that produced Randy, Lindland, Chael, Bendo, Barnett, Story, Caraway, Monson, Pulver, Hume, Tate, Dunham, Pierce, Colby, Brookins (state champion), Leben, etc. It's a wrestling, grappling and MMA hotbed. And I'm just including the ones who wrestled in high school there, not just ones who wrestled in college or came there for MMA. So you can bet he had solid competition at state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back