What is Mighty Mouse’s Best Discipline?

He’s elite at being faster than all of his opponents.

He’s well rounded and very good at everything, but it’s his speed that kills.

Not accepting fights with very dangerous opponents like TJ Dillashaw.

We all know that Demetrious Johnson is one of the most well rounded fighters in all of MMA... that being said, most fighters excelled at a single discipline before transitioning to mixed martial arts. All I can find is that MM wrestled in high school, but never won a state title (2nd and 3rd). Im surprised that such a great athlete at his weight can dominate grown (I use the term lightly) men as a pro but couldn’t win a championship in high school. Has he ever competed in other martial arts at a high level, or was he just able to adapt extremely well to cage fighting?
Probably his Wrestling and BJJ.
Partially why I think someone he won't be able to takedown, like TJ, Cruz, or Garbrandt, will wreck him.

He's the elite of the elite at mixing the martial arts. No one "fills in the gaps" in fights like DJ does, so to speak. His transition game is A+

His ability to be diphenhydramine in human form.

Probably his Wrestling and BJJ.
Partially why I think someone he won't be able to takedown, like TJ, Cruz, or Garbrandt, will wreck him.
DJ took Cruz down when he was waaaay worse than he is today. I'm pretty sure he's taken down almost everyone he's ever fought.

Liniker went 1 for 2 on TD against TJ. MM could get them all down with some difficulty

Last edited:
Like some people already said he’s good at combining the martial arts and is very slick.

DJ took Cruz down when he was waaaay worse than he is today. I'm pretty sure he's taken down almost everyone he's ever fought.

Liniker went 1 for 2 on TD against TJ. MM could get them all down with some difficulty
I should have said hold them down.
Cruz ragdolled MM in that fight and TJ ran a wrestling clinic on Lineker.

I should have said hold them down.
Cruz ragdolled MM in that fight and TJ ran a wrestling clinic on Lineker.
MM did that as a part time fighter. He used to holding down BWs. He could beat TJ and Dom in wrestling today. It just wouldn't be easy. Besides, his scrambles and reversals still open up chances for him to gain to control.

Dom fought a much worse version of DJ. When Dom beat DJ, TJ was getting KO'd by Dodson. Kinda puts into perspective how irrelevant that fight is doesn't it?

Cardio

Keeps that high pace in late rounds while opponent begins slowing down

MM did that as a part time fighter. He used to holding down BWs. He could beat TJ and Dom in wrestling today. It just wouldn't be easy. Besides, his scrambles and reversals still open up chances for him to gain to control.

Dom fought a much worse version of DJ. When Dom beat DJ, TJ was getting KO'd by Dodson. Kinda puts into perspective how irrelevant that fight is doesn't it?
You have a point, but hes not THAT much better, and along with that TJ and Cruz are better as well. No way he even comes close to out-wrestling them.
They're both more skilled and much bigger.

You have a point, but hes not THAT much better, and along with that TJ and Cruz are better as well. No way he even comes close to out-wrestling them.
They're both more skilled and much bigger.
How is Cruz better since then? He's past his prime and has had dozen injuries since then. In fact DJ was the last person to fight pre-injury Dom.

Skill wise DJ is the more impressive grappler. He's shown better top control and subs in all of his fights than TJ. TJ is a better striker but not by much. Dom after all of his injuries is probably still a bit better on the ground but much worse on the feet.

They're bigger and even (at best) with him. You're insane if cannot see the that MM is worlds better than he was damn near 7 years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back