What is great about Mike Perry?

He's the ultimate bro type of guy and his fights are exciting.
I don't relate to his type at all, but will be interested in seeing how he does against ranked fighters.

He takes guys out brutally sure, but is he going to be able to do that to the top guys?

We don't even fucking know yet. Just extrapolate your own conclusions. He's looked great so far. I think it's VERY obvious you just don't "want" to like him and you dont have to. but this thread is weird, and when you ask dumb questions like these, especially to a fanbase like his, you're not going to get the answers you want.

name a fighter who is a winning prospect in the ufc with no top 10 fights That you wouldn't make the exact same statement that you would about perry.

Hard to say because he hasn't fought anyone near the top of the division. Jouban isn't a world-beater and he made Perry look bad. Robbie would embarrass him.

Actually, out of the top 5 , he has the best chance of beating Lawler.

Lawler has a tendency to stand in the pocket and trade, and Perry can KO anyone with his power.

Wonderboy would stop Perry in the 2nd or 3rd...

We don't even fucking know yet. Just extrapolate your own conclusions. He's looked great so far. I think it's VERY obvious you just don't "want" to like him and you dont have to. but this thread is weird, and when you ask dumb questions like these, especially to a fanbase like his, you're not going to get the answers you want.

name a fighter who is a winning prospect in the ufc with no top 10 fights That you wouldn't make the exact same statement that you would about perry.

No, I can see what he fights like and I know he can't strike with the best of them...

The Alan Jouban fight is enough proof of that, he couldn't even strike with him and he has WAY more power than Jouban. He could barely touch him.

Masvidal would box Perry to sleep...

An exciting fighter who comes forward and tries to finish fights. Yeah, why would anybody be a fan of that?

An exciting fighter who comes forward and tries to finish fights. Yeah, why would anybody be a fan of that?

There's tons of those who don't have nearly as many fans as Perry.

More skilled than Perry too.

The guy isn't exceptional anywhere. He has good power but his technical striking isn't that good and he certainly isn't a wrestling phenom or a BJJ wiz. He's not a TMA master either.

He's basically your typical club fighter who made it to a higher level due to athleticism. Jack of all trades, master of none type of deal.

The only thing he really has going for him is brute strength and raw power, but like we saw in the Jouban fight, a good striker has no problem neutralizing that.

Does anyone truly believe that he will go far, when you have strikers like Masvidal and Wonderboy in the division?

Calm down.

He's a rookie still and for a rookie to go that many wins all knockouts is respectable. And he called out Robbie Lawler.

There's tons of those who don't have nearly as many fans as Perry.

More skilled than Perry too.

Few have the resume Perry has so far, with so many knockouts. A lot of good up and comers out there but they don't have the personality and social media cult following. A few things..

Few have the resume Perry has so far, with so many knockouts. A lot of good up and comers out there but they don't have the personality and social media cult following. A few things..

Because those guys haven't been fighting cans and have been fighting way longer...

Let's see how Perry's record looks in a few years.

Because those guys haven't been fighting cans and have been fighting way longer...

Let's see how Perry's record looks in a few years.

Who the fuk are you talking about here.....up and comer like Perry who supposedly hasn't been fighting cans.

He's been KO'd cold in boxing

Not sure if you saw it, but no he wasn't. It was a very legit finish, but he wasn't 'cold', that's when the guy shuts off completely. Perry was knocked drunk, not dead.

No, I can see what he fights like and I know he can't strike with the best of them...

The Alan Jouban fight is enough proof of that, he couldn't even strike with him and he has WAY more power than Jouban. He could barely touch him.

Masvidal would box Perry to sleep...

Man, That's the same shit that people said about McGregor and they still wont eat their fucking crow.

Again, you're making it more and more obvious that you just dont like mike perry. you dont have to. you dont have to make threads about him. you don't have to "enlighten" anyone.

He's basically your typical club fighter
giphy (95).gif
If by that you means he's willing to whip some ASS IN A CLUB....then i'll allow

Regardless I feel like my post here sums it up...
For all of hot young prospects and up and comers....perry is at the top of the heap without a shadow of a doubt

PLATINUM PERRY- more power than hurricane irma, packing more heat than Danny D and Luke Rockhold combined
and has cultivated a look/demeanor so surly you can't help but watch him as he beats opponents into a living death

Perry's pace is indomitable, while his fighting style is frenetic....his abilities to take punishment and keep coming are on par with a horror movie slasher
Platinum is the most unwavering embodiment of vince lombardi's immortal phrase "we didn't lose, we just ran out of time"
When one fights against him , they are not looking to finish platinum but are simply trying to survive

I find it no coincidence that his nickname is taken from one of the most precious metals on this planet....just like platinum he is sought after , cherished and envied for his power of energy conduction and intristic value

The sky's the limit for the flint Michigan native and Florida transplant
Who has used his black belt in "dem hands" to position himself as a newly heralded contender in the deepest division in the UFC

Last edited:
probably not some honorable martial artist you aspire to be like

I actually think Mike Perry is an undercover honorable martial artist. If you ignore the tats & persona & just look at his actual behavior during competition, throughout his career he is constantly stopping his own fights after the KO before the ref gets in there. Not diving on late hits like an animal. That is a martial artist move.

He's been KO'd cold in boxing
giphy (96).gif

No he wasnt....but he did fight a NABA belt contender in his very first boxing match...tgats some next level shit there

If anything we are underestimating the lethality of his hands

Back