What is great about Mike Perry?

This guy was supposed to fight a team mate didn't get to fight him so he calls out Robbie Lawler, another team mate at ATT

This guy has no loyalty and a shit teammate
Because MMA is a team sport right?

Also, Robbie left ATT last year.

His power makes him dangerous against anybody.

He even had Joubon hurt, it's not like he didnt have his moments in that fight.

How many fighters have a 100% KO rate in their wins? Exactly..

Just another D level MMA athlete.

<{JustBleed}>

The guy isn't exceptional anywhere. He has good power but his technical striking isn't that good and he certainly isn't a wrestling phenom or a BJJ wiz. He's not a TMA master either.

He's basically your typical club fighter who made it to a higher level due to athleticism. Jack of all trades, master of none type of deal.

The only thing he really has going for him is brute strength and raw power, but like we saw in the Jouban fight, a good striker has no problem neutralizing that.

Does anyone truly believe that he will go far, when you have strikers like Masvidal and Wonderboy in the division?

the dude is white. that's all.

No one has great anything in the UFC.

This guy was supposed to fight a team mate didn't get to fight him so he calls out Robbie Lawler, another team mate at ATT

This guy has no loyalty and a shit teammate
He doesn't train with any of those guys and ATT has loads of gyms.

Alves was the one who said he'd like to fight Platinum because of his hype, all Perry did was agree and contact his manager who is the brother of Alves' manager. He thinks Alves is a legend and considered himself a fan. Robbie Lawler left ATT too earlier this year. You haters are lame as fuck.

He's OG and knocks fools out.

Last edited:
At Welterweight, Perry is the number 2 bodybuilder physique after Tyron Woodley.

The "Cult" following of Mike Perry was literally created by Conor Haters in a vain attempt to try and mitigate the massive swells McGregor had created in the UFC...essentially a parodical expression of Conor which asserted that "anyone" could be made a star solely based on a group's demands

Last edited:
Yes, fighting 5 times in 13 months is pretty impressive. Even more impressive is to go 4-1 in 13 months in the UFC. Respect (for real).

What baffles me is that it seems that the typical MMA fan doesn't have an eye for real skill.

Perry is of course the typical brawler who has incredible belief in his hands. On the one hand it's a good thing, because in combat sports such things get you pretty far. On the other hand the time will come where you will get exposed pretty bad.

Of course he wins - that is fine - but he is such a meat head (striking wise). From a boxing perspective it's the heavy handed guy with awful technique who gets it done.

I know that a lot of you guys will reply "see, he get's it done. What more is there to achieve?" We will discuss things later on as soon as everybody realizes that he was a victim of the typical UFC-hyping machine.

Don't get me wrong - he is exciting - yes.

But I'm a sports guy. I prefer NBA games over harlem globetrotters. I know I'm alone in this thing.

Actually, out of the top 5 , he has the best chance of beating Lawler.

Lawler has a tendency to stand in the pocket and trade, and Perry can KO anyone with his power.

Wonderboy would stop Perry in the 2nd or 3rd...

Considering Perry got legit dropped by Jouban I don't think he has much of a chin, so if he is standing and trading with Lawler I like Robbie's chances.

The guy isn't exceptional anywhere. He has good power but his technical striking isn't that good and he certainly isn't a wrestling phenom or a BJJ wiz. He's not a TMA master either.

He's basically your typical club fighter who made it to a higher level due to athleticism. Jack of all trades, master of none type of deal.

The only thing he really has going for him is brute strength and raw power, but like we saw in the Jouban fight, a good striker has no problem neutralizing that.

Does anyone truly believe that he will go far, when you have strikers like Masvidal and Wonderboy in the division?
People like him cos he acts like a dorky jock

it's up for debate. He's certainly blacker than Cain is brown

I was being facetious as he's known as a racist...as are his friends. I think he's a fucking Goof that I'd like to straighten out.

The "Cult" following of Mike Perry was literally created by Conor Haters in a vein attempt to try and mitigate the massive swells McGregor had created in the UFC...essentially a parodical expression of Conor which asserted that "anyone" could be made a star solely based on a group's demands
There is some truth in what you're saying, but that's 1 of about 10 (or more) reasons why Platinum Nation was founded. Quite a few of us still support Conor in his fights, we just got bored of his unoriginal gimmicks, lack of title defences and the constant boasting about his 2 division achievement when in reality he'd already relinquished his FW belt and was handed Woodley's WW belt :D

Back