What is great about Mike Perry?

His fan community is basically a parody to nuthugger fanbases on this forum.

He is powerful and decently exciting but I doubt he will ever get near the gold. Robbie probably destroys the hype train again unless he is completely shot now.
No doubt Robbie murders him.

Give him Matt Brown lol. It would be violent, and somebody would sleep.

He is weird and

tumblr_odir6pGsL61s1v3r1o2_500.gif

The guy isn't exceptional anywhere. He has good power but his technical striking isn't that good and he certainly isn't a wrestling phenom or a BJJ wiz. He's not a TMA master either.

He's basically your typical club fighter who made it to a higher level due to athleticism. Jack of all trades, master of none type of deal.

The only thing he really has going for him is brute strength and raw power, but like we saw in the Jouban fight, a good striker has no problem neutralizing that.

Does anyone truly believe that he will go far, when you have strikers like Masvidal and Wonderboy in the division?
Perry is the chosen one. Body like Arnold with a Denzel face. Black belt hands and fight IQ like Einstein. A mouth like Ali with a heart like Frazier. Soon 2 bee three division champ, Platinum messiah GOAT Mike Perry!

The guy isn't exceptional anywhere. He has good power but his technical striking isn't that good and he certainly isn't a wrestling phenom or a BJJ wiz. He's not a TMA master either.

He's basically your typical club fighter who made it to a higher level due to athleticism. Jack of all trades, master of none type of deal.

The only thing he really has going for him is brute strength and raw power, but like we saw in the Jouban fight, a good striker has no problem neutralizing that.

Does anyone truly believe that he will go far, when you have strikers like Masvidal and Wonderboy in the division?

He's not the best, but he's an alpha. He hunts his opponent like a lion going after a gazelle. It's entertaining.

«What is great about Mike Perry?», Lol, this has to be the most moronic thread ever made on Sherdog....

Hard to say because he hasn't fought anyone near the top of the division. Jouban isn't a world-beater and he made Perry look bad. Robbie would embarrass him.

Dude, you're just a fucking hater. I get it.

Look, It's an unintelligent bumbkin, and probably not some honorable martial artist you aspire to be like, something like fedor or Machida or whatever. but fuck his fights are exciting and he fights to finish and win every time.

So my question is, Without having to have a man-crush on fighters you like, what is it you DON'T like about Mike perry? is it his fanbase who is ironically calling him the goat because you're not smart enough to seperate parody from reality? or are you really just that jaded?

Bangs and is entertaining...pretty much it in terms of what he is good at.

I seriously doubt his ability hang with top tier guys but I am interested to see if he can. Maybe his chin is good too.
Who do you think he might "hang" with? I say Don't hyun Kim or Tarec Saffediene, but even that is a stretch.

mike perry is just an example of how much the UFC needs entertainment over skill. perry has excellent power and TDD, but lacks technique. he talks a ton of mess and brings attention to himself. jouban exposed his lack of technique. i also think he dodged a bullet with thiago alves pulling out of their fight.

i was impressed with his fight with ellenberger, but ellenberger has been on a decline for a while and was taking it to perry in that fight.

he'll eventually get put in his place. his ceiling isn't that high.

His fan community is basically a parody to nuthugger fanbases on this forum.

He is powerful and decently exciting but I doubt he will ever get near the gold. Robbie probably destroys the hype train again unless he is completely shot now.

When he knocks out Lawler the excuse everyone will cling to is that Robbie is a shot fighter. Glad to see you have it already loaded in the chamber.

I'm ok with his unexceptional knees, elbows and fists producing exceptional knockouts.

He walks forward & looks to lay out his opponents. He's not one to fight for points & hang out at hipster coffee shops sipping the latest infused chai tea.
I like that....its good enough for me.
There's too much candies & boring personalities in MMA who are much worse fighters than Perry. Go pick on them.

When he knocks out Lawler the excuse everyone will cling to is that Robbie is a shot fighter. Glad to see you have it already loaded in the chamber.
And Perry fanboys will just act like it was the best version Lawler could have ever been and ignore obvious facts.

The truth is though Lalwler has been active for almost two decades has been in countless wars recently and has lost by KO two fights ago.

It is very plausible to assume that Lawler is no longer at his physical best and cannot take punishment as well anymore. He is 35 and has a ton of mileage on him.

Edit: I would still pick Lawlwer though.

Last edited:
And Perry fanboys will just act like it was the best version Lawler could have ever been and ignore obvious facts.

The truth is though Lalwler has been active for almost two decades has been in countless wars recently and has lost by KO two fights ago.

It is very plausible to assume that Lawler is no longer at his physical best and cannot take punishment as well anymore. He is 35 and has a ton of mileage on him.

Edit: I would still pick Lawlwer though.

200.webp
;)

Who do you think he might "hang" with? I say Don't hyun Kim or Tarec Saffediene, but even that is a stretch.

I'm thinking you may be correct. I really think the tier after that (RDA, Mas) would be too much.

Dude, you're just a fucking hater. I get it.

Look, It's an unintelligent bumbkin, and probably not some honorable martial artist you aspire to be like, something like fedor or Machida or whatever. but fuck his fights are exciting and he fights to finish and win every time.

So my question is, Without having to have a man-crush on fighters you like, what is it you DON'T like about Mike perry? is it his fanbase who is ironically calling him the goat because you're not smart enough to seperate parody from reality? or are you really just that jaded?

I just don't think he's that skilled, I don't give a fuck what he does outside of the ring... Before he popped for steroids, Jon Jones was my favorite fighter ever and he's not some honorable martial artist either.

I checked him out due to how many nuthuggers he has here and I just wasn't impressed. Cody Garbrandt acts way worse than Perry but Cody is also a high level MMA artist so there's no way I can say this about him.

Perry takes guys out brutally sure, but is he going to be able to do that to the top guys? Jouban put on a striking clinic against him.

Why is he anymore of a favorite than lets say, Jeremy Stephens? He's another guy with raw power who always goes for the finish but he doesn't have any more nuthuggers than Perry.

He gets in the cage and goes forward and tries to kill people. It is why I love cage fighting.

In a sport being ruined by dancing, holding and point fighting it is refreshing.

Back