What happened to the buff movie stars?

If that is Mark Wahlberg, than Rock is not as tall as I thought he is. Or Wahlberg is taller than I thought, and everyone else is not as tall as I thought they were.

He's 6'5, just think it's a weird angle.

Only buff big stars from 80's that come to mind are Arnie and Sly. That's only two. Now we have the Rock and possibly Bautista.

Dwayne+Johnson+Anthony+Mackie+Mark+Wahlberg+rb9DWhLusj2l.jpg
Fanny pack, zebra pants, suspenders. Awesome

Skinny Jeans happened.

skinny-jeans-collage-800x506.jpg

where does the dude on the right store his testicles?

Simply not true.

Rock, Evans, Hemsworth, Bale (for Batman), Cavill, Manganiello, Momoa, Affleck, Hughely jacked man, Diesel, Statham, Crews, Adkins, Craig, Pratt, etc.

All action movie stars get buff. It's just that stars nowdays don't necessarily star solely in action flicks so weight changes are more prominent then in the old days of "just" JCVD, Sly, and Arnie. IMO it's much more prominent today bcs one could argue that Chuck Norris, Seagal, Banderas, Kurt Russel, Tom Cruise, Bruce Lee, Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood and Mel Gibson e.g. were not that buff in the first place (while many of them are now becoming buff for roles).

Without Steroids they all have limits on how big they can get naturally.... The rock is an exception because he's a genetic Samaon blood freak. Most the other guys are either former pretty boy jocks or manlet juicers like Wahlberg.

Well, none of us can know for sure, but it's highly unlikely he doesn't juice. Yeah, he eats and trains like a maniac, but juice is most probably still there.

In general massive guns have taken a backseat to abs

Traps and chest, IMO. Both are easier for accomplish for a shorter period of time, and look good with a shirt on. Evans and Hemsworth being prime examples.

The Rock is the biggest star in Hollywood and hes buff AF

would be nice for some new buff blood to make it's way onto the screen. I'd love to see a nostalgic comeback of the 80s action star movie.

Hollywood is run by geeky uncool jews. Why do you think every movie is about a guy who's a bumbling buffoon every time he talks to a woman. I miss the macho lead days too.

Hollywood is run by geeky uncool jews. Why do you think every movie is about a guy who's a bumbling buffoon every time he talks to a woman. I miss the macho lead days too.

I can't think of one movie recently that was like your description above

I think barring prime Arnie if you actually compare physiques from then and now, most old school action guys were nowhere near as yoked as they get these days.

Though nowadays it's like they work out really hard for 1 superhero movie and than go back to being skinny fat...

I think barring prime Arnie if you actually compare physiques from then and now, most old school action guys were nowhere near as yoked as they get these days.

Though nowadays it's like they work out really hard for 1 superhero movie and than go back to being skinny fat...

They kinda have to change their appearance to keep from getting type-cast. It's crazy how much of a change some of them make to land roles.

I feel like the closest thing we have is maybe Helmsworth although he's trash compared to guys from the 80's. Batista is a garbage actor so idk if I count him. Bale was decent for a while, Tom "traps" Hardy was as well. Idk, I feel like macho men who fuck, fight and drink are gone, and why? People still love to see it so why is Hollywood moving away from it? Is Hollywood too feminized to ever get back to the 80s/90s macho hero flicks?

It's the 21st Century. Deal with it.
ronda.jpg

well a poster already closed the case on here when he said The Rock, but there are alot of guys like that, like the midget on heels and roids Diesel and basically everyone on the superhero movies franchise.

also a better point is that you are just getting old

That's not The Rock. That's The Rock's stunt double, Daniel Day-Lewis

Good lord, I laughed more than I should on this post. You beautiful black? asian?; never fully understand what you are, man from Sherdog.

Henry Cavill is pretty buff in Superman
97c380e7480b76c81bb637c040d75089.jpg

Back