What happened to the buff movie stars?

It's not an absence of buff movie stars, it's the absence of the type of movies that require buff movie stars. Guys are still buff but the films don't play it up like they used to.

The 80's lived on that Commando style shit and now no one makes those films anymore...because we know that muscles don't win fights. Do you even UFC, bro?

tumblr_m9m30rMFoW1qkktc4o1_500.gif
a8c8a22555fe005edb510b064f750045--conan-the-barbarian--arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg

MV5BNmM4NDdiMDQtZGM4Ni00NzExLWIzMDQtNjExZDdjYjI3YjMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU3NzU3MTY@._V1_.jpg

IVMyDU1.jpg

I feel like the closest thing we have is maybe Helmsworth although he's trash compared to guys from the 80's. Batista is a garbage actor so idk if I count him. Bale was decent for a while, Tom "traps" Hardy was as well. Idk, I feel like macho men who fuck, fight and drink are gone, and why? People still love to see it so why is Hollywood moving away from it? Is Hollywood too feminized to ever get back to the 80s/90s macho hero flicks?

bruce willis was pretty bad ass in die hard

bruce willis was not buff

Jason Momoa, Chris Hemsworth, Joe Manganiello, etc.

There are plenty of jacked guys in Hollywood... but yeah, the roided out look has come and gone with Arnold, Sly and Lou Ferrigno.

it could also be that the 'buff' guys also don't generally know how to fight, like JCVD and Dolph did.
scott adkins and Michael Jai White being the exceptions nowadays

TS likes watching buff dudes
Especially when they're drunk, wrestling, and fucking. Interesting.
TS testing the waters before coming out the closet.
complains of feminizing
wants his guys more buff

TS' Idea of a perfect weekend is getting home from work on a Friday, pulling out his 80s action movie Blu-Ray collection, closing the blinds, stripping down naked, tucking, and dancing in front of his 55inch screen tv while Arnold say's, "I'll be back"

TS' Idea of a perfect weekend is getting home from work on a Friday, pulling out his 80s action movie Blu-Ray collection, closing the blinds, stripping down naked, tucking, and dancing in front of his 55inch screen tv while Arnold say's, "I'll be back"
joe-rogans-top-best-ufc-mma-quotes.jpg

Lots of "buff" actors -- there's just less one dimensional roles for them and they need to be more adaptable. Not all their work requires shirts off scenes.

Sorry that triggers your latency, TS.

Without Steroids they all have limits on how big they can get naturally.... The rock is an exception because he's a genetic Samaon blood freak. Most the other guys are either former pretty boy jocks or manlet juicers like Wahlberg.
Didn't The Rock recently get caught trying to sneak steroids into Australia or something?

Something strange about hoping to see more buff, sweaty guys play fake tough guys on screen. Why would it make the movie better between just seeing a guy in good shape as to looking like a roided out freak?

There were more buff actors in the 80s because there were far less people that lifted in real life.

Arnold and Stallone stuck out like sore thumbs because that amount of muscle was very rare to see.

Nowadays, roided up muscleheads are found in every gym and on Youtube so it's way less impressive.

There's actually way more "buff" actors now compared to the 80s. Now it's just so common that you hardly notice it. I guess technically there are more ripped than buff, but it's not like the 80's had a lot of buff stars anyways.

There were more buff actors in the 80s because there were far less people that lifted in real life.

Arnold and Stallone stuck out like sore thumbs because that amount of muscle was very rare to see.

Nowadays, roided up muscleheads are found in every gym and on Youtube so it's way less impressive.
Nowadays, with crossfit and PEDs there are chicks who could be 80s actions heros.

#YinglingBless

Back