What exactly is a SJW?

I'm encouraged by the fact that the 1st page repeatedly, and correctly identified that sjw's are social progressives.

This is why many would identify me as being far left, and yet I have a heavy dislike for sjw's, as I am a social libertarian, and economic progressive.

This is important because this goes in cycles. Prior to this it was stuff like slavery and women's suffrage, but people who were for fixing those things were "extremists." Then civil rights advocates and women's libbers were "extremists." Then pro-gay marriage activists were extreme, on and on. This is a position that the morally bankrupt take throughout our history- that people advocating for equality are extremists. It's not even an insult at this point. It's taken as a point of pride by activists who understand our history, whether they are right in their goals or not.

There are actual activists and then there's SJWs. I guess that's the disconnect here: I draw a clear distinction between the two. Apparently not everyone else does. Apparently they're one in the same and opinions of them as a whole are simply just divided along partisan lines, like everything else. But that's a shame imo because it does a disservice to genuine activists

Originally it was a description of the young far left social progressives that shout down speakers and go on rants about the patriarchy on Tumblr, as seen on youtube. Since then it devolved into an empty slur applied to anyone with left of centre views or people who don't think it's respectable to treat transgender people like shit.

Here's my ninja edit:

Pro-civil rights and women's lib was a logical and moral position. You didn't have to be a partisan extremist to arrive there

It's two completely different things, what they were doing in the 60s and what existential myopics are clinging to today for a semblance of identity
You absolutely did have to be fringe, extremist and partisan to arrive there. It was only 20 years ago you were partisan extremist if you thought gays could marry.

But what about their counterpart on the right that always makes up conspiracies and also reactionaries and short-sighted what to call them?

Closet racists.

People who would not be vocal in real life, going full monty behind anonymous accounts on diverse forums on the internet.

The same kind of people who think the world order must stay status quo. A rather morbid thinking that to maintain the life we have now, poverty must exists to maintain our lifestyle.

A phrase I heard a lot while in Africa was, the wealth makes a poor one.

Can someone give me a proper explanation of this? Maybe with examples?

When I first heard or saw it, it was someone trying to get money for themselves or someone else through gofundme or similar stuff because they recorded someone treating themselves or someone else poorly.

Now it's trying to get votes through trending movements on the Internet.

Butt hurt SJW detected!!

SJWs are people who think they are special snowflakes who can do whatever the fuck they want which includes: Hating white people, hating themselves, hating their country, not able to articulate their points, shouting people down and not allowing others to have proper political discourse.

Lots of them in the WR and they're all weakling rats.

Interesting.

I have after spending some time in this forum got to understand the word "Liberal" has a degrading meaning behind it. How is that?

If people would address each other in a proper way when discussing, then we would not have a fundamental important ideology such as the liberalism to be denigrated by some angry all right mob, who think All liberal minded people support feminists who speak of all men as rapist.

As many wise posters have mentioned before in this thread. The word SJWs and liberals are used in a way that one could wonder if there are any decency left among those who use it as it was part of the daily vocabulary to just spread a bad atmosphere.

Something I have learnt from this forum. It is more norm than rule that the right minded people are the ones with an uncompromising demeanor when joining a discussion.

Can someone give me a proper explanation of this? Maybe with examples?

In short, Conservatives have replaced the word “hippie” with “SJW” to describe folks who are too liberal for their taste.

If this term existed during the 1960s all Vietnam protestors and others who marched for women's rights and black peoples rights would've been labeled the same way.
My dad did all of those things and I love him for it. I would have done the same thing if I had been around back then. My dad's still a progressive and a Bernie supporter, but he hates SJW.

Hello,Clippy.

It's a pejorative term to designate modern ultra progressists who seem to be obsessed about finding opression towards minorities and calling out who they perceive as the opressors of said minorities.

In essence it is not a bad thing, but the SJWs tend to push it beyond reasonable boundaries.

Hello,Clippy.

It's a pejorative term to designate modern ultra progressists who seem to be obsessed about finding opression towards minorities and calling out who they perceive as the opressors of said minorities.

In essence it is not a bad thing, but the SJWs tend to push it beyond reasonable boundaries.

Drove by my local Subway to see a sign for new Steak Mushroom melt sandwich - OMG that sounds good, I love me some mushrooms and the better not skimp on the mushrooms

But what to put on it - some peppers for sure

Sauce? I have no diea

Drove by my local Subway to see a sign for new Steak Mushroom melt sandwich - OMG that sounds good, I love me some mushrooms and the better not skimp on the mushrooms

But what to put on it - some peppers for sure

Sauce? I have no diea

Fuck Subways, Clippy.
Did you go to that Bavarian place ?

It's like over an hour drive away bro

I'm donating Blood Thursday and last time I didn't eat enough and almost passed out and they had to beat me with wet paper towels to keep me conscious

So I'll try this new sandwich and make sure I'm ate before I donate

Back