What exactly is a SJW?

Here's my ninja edit:

Pro-civil rights and women's lib was a logical and moral position. You didn't have to be a partisan extremist to arrive there

It's two completely different things, what they were doing in the 60s and what existential myopics are clinging to today for a semblance of identity

I should add it was objectively the logical and moral position

Today's potsmoderinsts actually are adverse to that idea

SJWs are a conglomerate of weirdos who blame white men from all their problems while engaging in risky and self defeating behaviours that are the actual root cause of their problems.

Here's my ninja edit:

Pro-civil rights and women's lib was a logical and moral position. You didn't have to be a partisan extremist to arrive there

It's two completely different things, what they were doing in the 60s and what existential myopics are clinging to today for a semblance of identity

Yeah but during the 60s there was a lot of push back from behind on the youth who stood for those “logical and moral positions.”

But what about their counterpart on the right that always makes up conspiracies and also reactionaries and short-sighted what to call them?
Crazy conspiracies? Like how we supposedly live in a patriarchy? Or that women are paid less than men? Those aren't right wing dude.

Yeah but during the 60s there was a lot of push back from behind on the youth who stood for those “logical and moral positions.”

But that's 2 different things

Opponents of civil rights in the 60s have nothing to do with SJWs today

Someone who is passionately "left" to center-left on purely domestic social issues, usually with a reactionary or short-sighted bent. Usually paired with centrist economic views in my experience, but could be rightist, leftist, or altogether incoherent, if they have an interest in economics at all. Their interest is in the political capital of identity politics.

At least that's how I more or less gather.
Most SJW's I have seen online (which is ALOT) and on campus are typically not centrist in their economic views. Most of them promote literal communism.

Most SJW's I have seen online (which is ALOT) and on campus are typically not centrist in their economic views. Most of them promote literal communism.

Well, then fuck me, I don't know what I'm talking about. Seemed to me to be more of the casual political types.

I've come in contact with plenty of college-aged leftists, although only through labor picketing recently, and haven't had the occasion to notice any identity hysteria. But maybe it's a matter of it not coming up.

They're the ones pushing to jail people for being offensive and taking away due process. Those are civil rights. They have never pushed for equality on any level.

Nobody is campaigning to get rid of due process. Stop making stuff up.

Well, then fuck me, I don't know what I'm talking about. Seemed to me to be more of the casual political types.

I've come in contact with plenty of college-aged leftists, although only through labor picketing recently, and haven't had the occasion to notice any identity hysteria. But maybe it's a matter of it not coming up.
If they aren't literal communists they're typically fairly left economically (which I am as well). I see kids walking around with hammer and sickle jackets on campus. I see the hammer and sickle drawn in chalk on the quad by organizations doing a booth or whatever. I see flyers posted up around campus using the hammer and sickle or yellow stars on red backgrounds. In fucking Idaho.

Someone that will help ruin your country. They think they're doing good which makes them extremely smug and arrogant. Impossible to argue with since they refuse to admit they're wrong.

If they aren't literal communists they're typically fairly left economically (which I am as well). I see kids walking around with hammer and sickle jackets on campus. I see the hammer and sickle drawn in chalk on the quad by organizations doing a booth or whatever. I see flyers posted up around campus using the hammer and sickle or yellow stars on red backgrounds. In fucking Idaho.

Who knew radicalizing just required being in a boring fucking state where I guess reading dense text is a worthwhile pastime.

<Fedor23>

For real, though, that's interesting and not in line with my experience in Chicago/Baltimore/STL. I personally don't care for rehashing Soviet symbolism, though, as it only insists on a spurious and slanderous association with the Soviet state and opens the door for misconception. But the fact that they're using those could mean they are tankies (Stalinists), which is....not ideal. That represents a subculture of self-proclaimed communists that subscribes to the 20th century artifact of "communism," in reality Stalinism, and departs from actual Marxist organizational doctrine (from which Lenin meaningfully departed and of which Stalin more or less dispatched entirely). Despite the protestations of most Marxist academics and theoreticians and citations to the protestations of Marx himself against anti-reformers, there has nevertheless been a resurgence in interest in Marxism-Leninism (Stalinism) and somehow Maoism of all variants (the ideology of the single most incompetent proclaimed Marxist-Leninist in world history), but I haven't seen it in real life.

Nevertheless. I'm in my 30s now, so maybe I just don't know what the kids today are up to.

Who knew radicalizing just required being in a boring fucking state where I guess reading dense text is a worthwhile pastime.

<Fedor23>

For real, though, that's interesting and not in line with my experience in Chicago/Baltimore/STL. I personally don't care for rehashing Soviet symbolism, though, as it only insists on a spurious and slanderous association with the Soviet state and opens the door for misconception. But the fact that they're using those could mean they are tankies (Stalinists), which is....not ideal. That represents a subculture of self-proclaimed communists that subscribes to the 20th century artifact of "communism," in reality Stalinism, and departs from actual Marxist organizational doctrine (from which Lenin meaningfully departed and of which Stalin more or less dispatched entirely). Despite the protestations of most Marxist academics and theoreticians and citations to the protestations of Marx himself against anti-reformers, there has nevertheless been a resurgence in interest in Marxism-Leninism (Stalinism) and somehow Maoism of all variants (the ideology of the single most incompetent proclaimed Marxist-Leninist in world history), but I haven't seen it in real life.

Nevertheless. I'm in my 30s now, so maybe I just don't know what the kids today are up to.
Kids like these are too dumb or uneducated to understand the nuances you're laying out here. Most of them just recognize communism as communism. They think it's just a political ideology where the poor and middle class collectivize and stand up against "the system". The see it as antithetical and an antidote to the biggest baddest boogeyman around (fascism).

Nobody is campaigning to get rid of due process. Stop making stuff up.
Yes they are. Getting people fired and ruining their lives for crimes they're accused of but not convicted is ignoring due process. That's what the SJW/Lefist crowd does.

But that's 2 different things

Opponents of civil rights in the 60s have nothing to do with SJWs today

It's the same mindset though. Today we have people who deny racism exists and the alt right paints the picture that the minorities were the racists all along.

There is still push back even today

Crazy conspiracies? Like how we supposedly live in a patriarchy? Or that women are paid less than men? Those aren't right wing dude.

Do you even Alex Jones?

Butt hurt SJW detected!!

SJWs are people who think they are special snowflakes who can do whatever the fuck they want which includes: Hating white people, hating themselves, hating their country, not able to articulate their points, shouting people down and not allowing others to have proper political discourse.

Lots of them in the WR and they're all weakling rats.
Yawn

Someone who campaigns online in an unstable, spastic and unintelligent way in defense of those they feel oppressed in order to gain a sense that they've accomplished something or are automatically a good person. Almost always white, generally unable to control emotions, and a lot of the time possessing skittle colored hair. Their main Headquarters are located on Tumblr.

This is important because this goes in cycles. Prior to this it was stuff like slavery and women's suffrage, but people who were for fixing those things were "extremists." Then civil rights advocates and women's libbers were "extremists." Then pro-gay marriage activists were extreme, on and on. This is a position that the morally bankrupt take throughout our history- that people advocating for equality are extremists. It's not even an insult at this point. It's taken as a point of pride by activists who understand our history, whether they are right in their goals or not.

Back