What does Jon Jones have to do to earn your respect?

JBJ isnt likeable for some reason as it is. Mix that with all of the outside the Octogan stuff and....

Hate him or not, his skill is only deniable by haters. He made past champions look like bad fighters, and most of them were enhanced as well. He will never have my respect as a human, but as a fighter he is the GOAT skill wise, resume wise, and performance wise.

Once respect is lost, it's gone. It's not coming back.

As a public figure/athlete, you either have courage, strong morals and character, or you don't. Jones does not possess these traits.

It seems like since he entered the UFC people have been shitting on Jon Jones

They called him diet Anderson Silva

They said he was sloppy
After Hammil they said he was dirty

People hated on him for being fake, hated on him for being too nice, then hated on him for being the real thing

Now despite USADA telling us they don’t believe he’s a drug cheat and in both instances his in-fight samples coming in at under a therapeutic dosage - now people have put an asterisk over his whole career even though as we speak he’s helping USADA clean up the sport

What does Jones have to do to earn your respect?

This is a guy who in the cage has won every time out and given us some of the most memorable, awe inspiring and jaw dropping performances that any of us has ever seen.

He’s still a young man,
If he stays out of trouble we’re looking at 5 or 6 more years of Jon Jones
He’s hear to stay my friends

What does he have to do for you to finally give that man his due

maybe admit the peds use he did for a start. not always acting like he the victim and never at fault.

I don’t think anyone doesn’t respect his fighting ability and his placement in goat discussions, whoever denies this is overcompensating. His personal life he would need to completely overhaul to become respectable

I appreciate greatness, so he already has my respect and always will.

There’s some salty boys here who will never give him credit where it’s due.

Credit for what? Being a cheater?

They said he was sloppy

People hated on him for being fake, hated on him for being too nice, then hated on him for being the real thing

Now despite USADA telling us they don’t believe he’s a drug cheat and in both instances his in-fight samples coming in at under a therapeutic dosage - now people have put an asterisk over his whole career even though as we speak he’s helping USADA clean up the sport

This is a guy who in the cage has won every time out and given us some of the most memorable, awe inspiring and jaw dropping performances that any of us has ever seen.

He’s still a young man,

He’s definitely a prodigal dirtbag, an amazing competitor willing to cheat at all levels to win, crazy mofo that cannot keep himself out of trouble but damn he must have a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing the next fight for that Uber talented Narcissistic trouble maker.

They said he was sloppy

He’s still a young man,

Go back in time and not take steroids.

re·spect
/rəˈspekt/
noun
  1. 1.
    a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

His in ring is questionable after his repeated busts.

We can definitely say he has fought some phenomenal fights.

He's just a garbage person.

I honestly don't admire anything about him. There was no sense of loss while he was serving his suspension. He's more of an annoyance just being how he is than anything else.

If he can change who he is as a human being and basically become someone else respectable, then he'll get teh respeks.

Be a decent human being and take responsibility for his actions.

They said he was sloppy

He’s still a young man,

I think the correct question is how can Jon Jones earn back my respect after he lost it by: a hit and run involving pregnant women ....using cocaine.... testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs....twice

Fight clean, move up a division, don't be an asshole.

I think the correct question is how can Jon Jones earn back my respect after he lost it by: a hit and run involving pregnant women ....using cocaine.... testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs....twice
Why do you care about cocaine

Win a few fights at the highest level, looking as good as he did without pissing hot.

Nothing, really. Not that it matters though. The respect of strangers on the internet is a meaningless thing in general but even if I knew Jones personally, it's not like it would matter. The guy is a criminally self-absorbed asshole who doesn't even take into consideration the respect, love, admiration, and loyalty of his family and business associates or the safety of innocent people around him. What difference would any of it make? This is all just one big exercise in futility, even for this place.

Build a time machine, use it to go back in time. Never be a cheating, eye poking, pregnant woman hitting, drug doing douche bag from that point on.

They said he was sloppy

He’s still a young man,

Won’t happen. I wouldn’t even have a beer with that toxic train wreck. Nothing good comes from being around Jon Jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back