What does Jon Jones have to do to earn your respect?

Won’t happen. I wouldn’t even have a beer with that toxic train wreck. Nothing good comes from being around Jon Jones.
I get not liking him but he's far from the worst of athletes. He's young, on top of the world, and did some dumb famous young guy shit. He's still one of the best to ever do it.

It seems like since he entered the UFC people have been shitting on Jon Jones

They called him diet Anderson Silva

They said he was sloppy
After Hammil they said he was dirty

People hated on him for being fake, hated on him for being too nice, then hated on him for being the real thing

Now despite USADA telling us they don’t believe he’s a drug cheat and in both instances his in-fight samples coming in at under a therapeutic dosage - now people have put an asterisk over his whole career even though as we speak he’s helping USADA clean up the sport

What does Jones have to do to earn your respect?

This is a guy who in the cage has won every time out and given us some of the most memorable, awe inspiring and jaw dropping performances that any of us has ever seen.

He’s still a young man,
If he stays out of trouble we’re looking at 5 or 6 more years of Jon Jones
He’s hear to stay my friends

What does he have to do for you to finally give that man his due
First people need to learn that his situation is not personal to them. They need to accept the research that shows he isn’t a cheater. They need to develop logic.
It is not going to happen, not here.

Jones is the GOAT, it isn’t close

What does Jon Jones have to do to earn your respect?

Reborn into white parents.

All mistakes will be forgiven, and he will be an instant GOAT.

Just kidding. He's already the GOAT.

Lose to Gus, lose his face in a acid attack, lose a child, lose his mom in car accident, lose a family member to drugs. Yeah that should do it for me.

Don't drunk drive and crash into a pole, don't drive while high and drunk and hit a pregnant woman and run, don't use PEDs, stop poking people in the eyes and accept the punishment for your own actions instead of snitching on other people. So become a completely different person I guess.

Call a press conference, publicly apologise for being such a relentlessly awful human being, then commit seppuku.

It for me isn't a separation clause between athlete and individual.

He is innately gifted but a POS as a human being. He always has been. I don't know him like a friend but had been around him before he was famous during his time with BombSquad. He was an arrogant douche then too.

He needs to keep winning, not fail drug tests and keep his private life, well private.

3-4 years of consistent results without fucking up in a major way and perhaps he might get back the respect he lost.

1. Atleast 8 years of US military service

2. Never have used steroids

Back