What does Jon Jones have to do to earn your respect?

He lost my respect when he went driving while stoned and crashed into a pregnant woman who later had a miscarriage. He also fled the scene of the crash.

Now despite USADA telling us they don’t believe he’s a drug cheat and in both instances

USADA never said that in either case you shitty troll (here and here). Jones was suspended for a total of 27 months, when the guys that actually got cleared got time served or six months FFS.

He lost my respect when he went driving while stoned and crashed into a pregnant woman who later had a miscarriage. He also fled the scene of the crash.
Yes there is the implied statement in the OP that he has lost the respect of many people

The question is what does he have to do to gain it back

USADA never said that in either case you shitty troll (here and here). Jones was suspended for a total of 27 months, when the guys that actually got cleared got time served or six months FFS.

Wait
Seriously correct me if I’m wrong
Because I’m at least 90% sure that in both cases USADA said something to the affect of “Jon Jones in our opinion is not a drug cheat”

Can you do me a favor and read the reports and tell me if that was never said? Because I never stated he was cleared in any case.

Yes there is the implied statement in the OP that he has lost the respect of many people

Respect in what sense?

I think the vast majority of people respect him as a fighter.

Are you asking what will cause people to respect his integrity as a person?

Not be a lying, cheating, dirty piece of shit.

He can still continue being one of the greatest fighters ever - nothing needs to change there - just try to not portrait the fake personality while continuing to be a cheating scumbag liar.

Nah, nevermind. He's fucked up too much, had too many chances for me to ever respect him as a person. And his multiple offenses with USADA and/or hiding under cages from USADA will keep me from every respecting him as a martial artist, other than he was a good fighter.

Die saving someone elses life. Aside from that - never gonna respect the guy.
Thats just me though

Go to prison? Make a ridiculous donation to charity? My point is, it's not about fighting anymore. He has to do something right in real life.

Because I’m at least 90% sure that in both cases USADA said something to the affect of “Jon Jones in our opinion is not a drug cheat”

The arbitration panel said that, not USADA. Once again : 27 months of combined suspensions, and the last 15 months can still be turned back into the full 4 years ban if USADA is disappointed by Jones's help as an informant.

Respect in what sense?

I think the vast majority of people respect him as a fighter.

Are you asking what will cause people to respect his integrity as a person?
As an athlete

Because I think a large perectange do not respect him as an athlete

The arbitration panel said that, not USADA.

And USADA didn't disagree.

“The independent arbitrator found that Jon Jones was not intentionally cheating in this case, and while we thought 18-months was the appropriate sanction given the other circumstances of the case, we respect the arbitrator’s decision and believe that justice was served,” USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart said in a statement. “This case is another strong reminder that athletes need to be extremely cautious about the products and supplements they use to ensure they are free of prohibited substances.”

Well he's walking free on the snitch clause so I can't respect it. Cannot and will not. And he used to snitch on brothers in hs for smoking weed. Been a long time snitch.
I laugh when I hear grown men cry about snitching, living by a 13 year old punks code of honor.

1. Build a time machine.
2. Use said machine to not pop for illegal substances.
3. Use said machine to not run over a pregnant woman.
4. Use said machine to not pop for illegal substances a second time.
5. Be respected as one of the GOATs.

“The independent arbitrator found that Jon Jones was not intentionally cheating in this case, and while we thought 18-months was the appropriate sanction given the other circumstances of the case, we respect the arbitrator’s decision and believe that justice was served,” USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart said in a statement. “This case is another strong reminder that athletes need to be extremely cautious about the products and supplements they use to ensure they are free of prohibited substances.”

Yet they gave him four years until he agreed to be an informant.

Thankfully posters like you actually keep up to date on stuff.

You're being pedantic because you misconstrued my point. The independent panel that rules on USADA cases.

The arbitration panel is independent from USADA. Why would the panel take three months off of Jones's last suspension if it's the same thing?

I do not like him.
He is maybe the best fighter out there (or was)
He could've been GOAT but that is off the table
I love to watch him fight
I try to respect all humans.
I care too little for him to hate him.
I almost alway cheered for the guy he was fighting against but almost always end up saying "fuck he is good"

I believe nobody here thinks he is a bad fighter. All of us know he is good
Some people like the guy and some don't which is normal
the only question that seperates us is the dickpill gate. How much does that weigh?

Back