What do British history teachers teach the British children?

As a Brit I'm pretty sure all my history classes were about Cromwell.

D7F86ECF-C8F9-5364-EB6B2B4EA726C966.jpg

That's pretty cool. He was good in I, Robot.

I watched this BBC series from the 80s on the collapse of the British Empire

surprisingly, they didn't whitewash or sugarcoat anything, it was very educational and informative

They told us your lot wanted to tax our tea. We wanted representation for them's taxation.

That was the lesson. More or less.

America is technically still us as is Australia. Hong Kong too. But it was the right thing to do to give Hong Kong back to China after we enriched their lives. Australia and America too. They're oversea and it's better to let them be them. We have too many things on our plate. But remember kids. America is basically Britain and everything American is basically Britain's. We created BBQ, hotdogs, hamburger, bourbon, etc.

America is technically still us as is Australia. Hong Kong too. But it was the right thing to do to give Hong Kong back to China after we enriched their lives. Australia and America too. They're oversea and it's better to let them be them. We have too many things on our plate. But remember kids. America is basically Britain and everything American is basically Britain's. We created BBQ, hotdogs, hamburger, bourbon, etc.

If you love something set it free, amirite?

facts

americas rise to the top happened much due to negligence. once europe stops fucking around its over for the world again

Fuck yes! As an north American I love western Europe and hope they get their shit together and start whooping ass all over again.

They usually get divided up into warring political factions fighting each other (instead of actual threats) for the lust of power, not just arguing but basically almost literally fighting, then one side conspires with the current enemy barbarians to help bring it down, but the barbarians don't keep their word after the downfall (they don't spare the side who conspired with them) and everyone is f*ked.

Yes! But even worse is when the ‘barbarians’ are given the advanced technology and allowed inside. That’s when things go to pot.

We kicked Ghandi's ass and took his chicken tikka masala.

We focus on the future, and prepare them for interesting and shocking news. We visualise a future of white slaves trying to flee an overrun chaotic country of angry blacks that remember the history.

Every empire gets fat, lazy and complacent. Then they get replaced. Rinse and repeat.
It's the fuckin High Fructose Corn Syrup. Ruins everything in the longrun

In no way is USA technically shit-Britain. We whipped your sissy asses and TOOK it from you. Now would be as easy to defeat you as swatting a mosquito. The best of you came here and started our OWN country, culture, innovation and dominance beyond what you could ever dream.

In no way is USA technically shit-Britain. We whipped your sissy asses and TOOK it from you. Now would be as easy to defeat you as swatting a mosquito. The best of you came here and started our OWN country, culture, innovation and dominance beyond what you could ever dream.
we ? are you French? they are the #1 reason the English lost.

I remember when we had some Viking reenactors come in and beat the shit out of each other on the school field during History class. Best lesson ever.

They never taught us about the time the English settlers kicked the English colonists out of New England.

I mean you remember the day we left as the most important day in your nations history. But we remember it as a 'Wednesday'.

The reality of course is that even if you drew some great pride from past exploits of a place you happen to live there would be little to be embarrassed about here.

The loss of the colonies in the US which was mostly a product of conflict with the French ultimately spured the british onto build up their "second empire" in Asia, Australia and then Africa, not to mention of course defeating the French in and gaining dominance of most shipping routes for over a century.

The US war of independence as well was not simply "us vs them", it was also a reflection of the conflict within the UK with the monarchy making its last attempts at having real power and being relegated to a figurehead for good afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back