What do British history teachers teach the British children?

Every empire gets fat, lazy and complacent. Then they get replaced. Rinse and repeat.

Every empire gets fat, lazy and complacent. Then they get replaced. Rinse and repeat.

They usually get divided up into warring political factions fighting each other (instead of actual threats) for the lust of power, not just arguing but basically almost literally fighting, then one side conspires with the current enemy barbarians to help bring it down, but the barbarians don't keep their word after the downfall (they don't spare the side who conspired with them) and everyone is f*ked.

facts

americas rise to the top happened much due to negligence. once europe stops fucking around its over for the world again

lmao

You need a motivated Germany for this, not our some'r toothed cousins, the English.

And even then, they better prey racist America with that look in its eye doesn't return.

Ff5L2AQ.jpg

Islam probably
I remember reading last year how shocked and appalled the school board in London was when they found out that Quranic science was tought in Muslim schools. Good times.

They never taught us about the time the English settlers kicked the English colonists out of New England.

I mean you remember the day we left as the most important day in your nations history. But we remember it as a 'Wednesday'.

Last edited:
hopefully brushing and flossing

Yeah we were the best country and then the most badass and brave members of our society went and started their own country. We sent our whole army over there but they still kicked the shit out of us. Now they are the best country and could murder us all if they wanted to.

I went to school in England so I can answer this, we learned about the following shit.

When we are very small kids:
Ancient Rome
ancient Egypt
ancient Greece.

When we are bigger kids:
Battle of Hastings/William the conquerer
Henry II/Thomas Beckett
Tudors/Reformation
world war II/the blitz
world war I
Vietnam war.

That's the stuff I can remember.

Basically nothing about the British empire or the crusades or any of that "bad stuff".

From what I can remember, a whole lot about World War 2 and Henry VIII.

I went to school in England so I can answer this, we learned about the following shit.

When we are very small kids:
Ancient Rome, ancient Egypt, ancient Greece.

When we are bigger kids:
Battle of Hastings/William the conquerer, Henry II/Thomas Beckett, Tudors, world war II/the blitz, world war I, Vietnam war.

That's the stuff I can remember.
You got to cover both World Wars and the Vietnam War? Colour me envious.

BpHxTH0bII9CxSWqnSVC7sOT6PPqb4p_N7dVm82RryA.jpg

Just kidding,

Idk why people get so caught up with their nations. Accomplish shit for yourself don't claim superiority because of what other people did back in the day.

You got to cover both World Wars and the Vietnam War? Colour me envious.
As I recall, WWII stuff wasn't that interesting...more about what it was like to live in England during WWII
Blitz, food ration, evacuee kids, etc

Kinda relevant though because they still dig up massive unexploded German bombs in my hometown from time to time.

As I recall, WWII stuff wasn't that interesting...more about what it was like to live in England during WWII
Blitz, food ration, evacuee kids, etc

Kinda relevant though because they still dig up massive unexploded German bombs in my hometown from time to time.
We got to cover the most boring parts of World War 2 for most of my time in school. Literally being told that vacuum cleaners helped win the war, or something to that end. Germany and Italy were far more interesting, but I find the actual battles and the Pacific campaign to be the most interesting parts of the topic.

heard they teach their kids they cant have any pudding if they dont eat their meat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back