Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 1

RIP. And this shitbag smiles in his booking photos. Another career criminal allowed to continuously break the law before they finally killed someone. He will be a hero to some, and hopefully those people get eaten by ants.

Yep, more nothing

Remember when journalism had facts and real sources
Can you be more specific? Are you denying that alt righters and other right wingers impersonate black people on twitter? Because it’s been documented, confirmed by twitter banning people for exactly this reason and the alt righters announced they would engage in this impersonation.

That’s the first response you see. There are a couple condolences, but it’s a real shit show in there

Fuck I hear that bullshit so often. “How can you ruin people’s lives like that?” Hey asshole, I didn’t force you to attempt to kidnap an adolescent girl. You ruined your own life, I just arranged your meeting with the judge.

Can you be more specific? Are you denying that alt righters and other right wingers impersonate black people on twitter? Because it’s been documented, confirmed by twitter banning people for exactly this reason and the alt righters announced they would engage in this impersonation.
I’m saying it’s nothing. They make it out to be an epidemic, saying there’s more nazi posing as black people than Isis members on Twitter, no proof, all speculation, but they printed that for a reason

I’m saying it’s nothing. They make it out to be an epidemic, saying there’s more nazi posing as black people than Isis members on Twitter, no proof, all speculation, but they printed that for a reason

Those articles pretty damn disingenuous and speculative. Unless they have access to Twitters Firehose data and analytics they have no clue.

Yes weirdos of all makes make troll accounts to troll every group out there but these articles are trying to imply something that's happening is some massive problem the people need to be greatly worried about. When in reality twitter deletes upwards of a million accounts everyday.

I really don't have enough to go on at this point to have a truly informed opinion, but I must say, this part in particular strikes me as strange.

The affidavit signed Thursday offered new details about the alleged sequence of events on the day of the shooting. It said that Officer Delke was patrolling in North Nashville when he became suspicious about the Chevrolet Impala, apparently because it had stopped at a stop sign and conceded the right of way to him. He began to follow the Impala, and even after running the license plate and learning that it was not stolen, he “continued to follow to see if he could develop a reason to stop the Impala,” the affidavit said.

The officer eventually turned on his blue lights as the Impala pulled onto the interstate, but the vehicle did not stop, and the officer lost track of it, the affidavit said.

Still, Officer Delke kept looking for the Impala and eventually pulled into an apartment parking lot where he mistook another white sedan for the Impala, the affidavit said. He pulled up next to the sedan and stopped, and Mr. Hambrick took off running, the affidavit said. Officer Delke ran after him, the affidavit added, noting that Officer Delke did not know the man’s identity and “did not know with certainty” if the man had been inside either the Impala or the white sedan.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/28/us/daniel-hambrick-andrew-delke-nashville-shooting.html (much better source than in the OP too)

Last edited:
I found the video on liveleak..this shit is old, from august.

Dude was just running away, didnt seem to aim or shoot at the cop.

Still...people need to realize that cops are the biggest pussies ever....dont run, dont try to freak them out, because these pussies will shoot and the cop brotherhood will let them off.

The claim is that he shot in order to protect police officers who were in front of the suspect, yet they're nowhere to be found. Also, typically in police shootings where officers have a reason to believe their lives are in danger, multiple officers will shoot, not just one. I think it's telling that it's a wide-angle view, yet no one else besides them are in the frame, and no other officers fired.

Based on what I've seen so far, it seems like the officer should have waited to shoot at the very least. I understand that the man having a gun in his hand and refusing to drop it complicates things, and for that very reason it is unlikely that the officer will be convicted. It's hard to call the cop a murderer over this, and he may very well be an otherwise good cop. Murder may also be an over charge. But still, I don't think he should have shot in that instance.

For the ones saying it was a bad shot, the suspect running away with a gun in his hand was no threat, blah blah. I hope the next time this happens in your neighborhood, the cop will just let the suspect go and hop a fence while your kids are playing the in backyard, cuz you know a man running away from the cops with a gun in his hand is not a threat, prob just getting ready to go to school, right?
There's no fence in front of them. Just wide open space, no one around. I know it's a tough call, but I think he should have waited before shooting. Not sure why you go straight to finger-pointing hyperbole instead of discussing the issue rationally like an intelligent adult.

Those articles pretty damn disingenuous and speculative. Unless they have access to Twitters Firehose data and analytics they have no clue.

Yes weirdos of all makes make troll accounts to troll every group out there but these articles are trying to imply something that's happening is some massive problem the people need to be greatly worried about. When in reality twitter deletes upwards of a million accounts everyday.
Just saying that you can’t take twitter posts too seriously.

So you're defensive because you feel like the cop is being treated unfairly in this thread? You know what cops go through and you can relate to the cop in question, so you've taken the attacks on him as somehow attacks on all cops, including you?

Could you...maybe see how a lot of people feel the same way about the civilian? Maybe they can relate better to him, so they're in this thread to defend his behavior?

It's all tribal thinking. That's fine, we're humans. The only difference, to me, is that the person you're defending is alive whereas the person the other people in this thread are defending is dead. Your tribal feelings are putting you on the side of the person with a lawyer and legal system that will sort his fate rather than the side of the person whose life is over. Seems kinda wrongheaded.

Personal attack on me? ABSOLUTELY. And that is because I can get shot at, mother fucked, physically assaulted, or verbally abused from people that know dick about doing my job because they believe the vile rhetoric the #fakenews fed them that day. It makes my job twice as hard for no reason. So when I see bullshit spewed here from people that also know dick about my job, I may choose to respond. If a rational poster wants to chat with me in a respectful way, I appreciate that and I'll respond accordingly. But I'm not going to use pleasantries with someone who's clearly looking to be an internet asshole. That said, I understand people don't want armed, fleeing criminals shot in the back, but this was definitely NOT a case where there "was no reason" the suspect was shot.

When tribe#1 attacks tribe#2 without proper knowledge of #2's legal obligations and authority under the law that governs both of them, then yes, there is a problem. Tribe#1 is completely ignorant of the reality and structure that tribe#2 has to deal with.

This is why we have shootings like the poor man in AZ. Forced to crawl begging for his life. The officers didn't have to Identify a threat before shooting. This is a case where, yes the man had a gun, but the officer was not in immediate danger. The officer had he gun drawn and a better angle to react.

IIRC, the guy that was shot was told at least 3 times to NOT reach for his waistband. He did. We all agree there were better tactics to employ in that case, but the onus was on the suspect to not do something he was told specifically NOT to do 3x.

The reason he ran was because he was a felon in possession of a firearm. The reason he didn't drop the gun was because he still would have faced felony gun possession charges if they caught him. He took the gun and tried to get away to avoid a more serious charge than fleeing from the police.

Who's still confused as to why cops will chase people that have guns in their hand and run away from them upon contact?

Personal attack on me? ABSOLUTELY. And that is because I can get shot at, mother fucked, physically assaulted, or verbally abused from people that know dick about doing my job because they believe the vile rhetoric the #fakenews fed them that day. It makes my job twice as hard for no reason. So when I see bullshit spewed here from people that also know dick about my job, I may choose to respond. If a rational poster wants to chat with me in a respectful way, I appreciate that and I'll respond accordingly. But I'm not going to use pleasantries with someone who's clearly looking to be an internet asshole. That said, I understand people don't want armed, fleeing criminals shot in the back, but this was definitely NOT a case where there "was no reason" the suspect was shot.

When tribe#1 attacks tribe#2 without proper knowledge of #2's legal obligations and authority under the law that governs both of them, then yes, there is a problem. Tribe#1 is completely ignorant of the reality and structure that tribe#2 has to deal with.
You sound like a black person from oregon trying to explain to a predominantly white forum how black on black crime in Chicago, Baltimore, and New Orleans has nothing to do with them.

But... The uniform can come off...

Lol it wouldn't be the same at all what are you crazy? Deterrence is a thing.

I agree that seems logical enough but in my one and only experience of it happening, it wasn't that big of a deal at all. I was in Panama City before during and after the US invaded and removed Noriega's Defense forces, which included the police. It took about a year to stand up the next gov and re-establish a police force. During that time, people just kept doing what they always did. Perhaps statistically there was an increase in crime, but if so it wasn't enough to really impact day to day life. Life just carried on. Its kinda like how religious folks think atheist will just run wild without a god for morality but thats not what happens. Good people want to be good people. Bad people will bad people, cops or not

You're not a cop, so it's probably hard for you to understand but the street smart criminals know a cop by the car, unmarked or not, by the way a cop carries himself, by the way we walk, etc.

Not really hard to understand . . . I think a lot of people who aren't criminals can recognize an unmarked car, etc.

It's NOT unlikely they "made" the cop at the stop sign and waved him on hoping he'd ignore them. Happens to me EVERY DAY. 9/10 times the person may just be being nice, but there is still a pretty good chance the "waver" is up to no good. Been there, done that plenty of times to back that statement up.

Is this how you view this type of situation each time it happens to you? Or do you base it on who is involved?

Bad guys do stupid shit and have indicators that give them away as bad guys, the same way they can tell I'm a cop by the way I carry myself.

No argument there . . .

As for why we don;t just ignore a car because the tags come back clean? Well, there have been numerous times I got delayed hits on cars I ran because they hadn't been entered in the system yet. I've also gotten stolen merch/drugs/etc from cars with clean tags too. A clean tag does NOT make it an auto-ignore .

Fair enough . . . but in this case those details weren't mentioned in what I read.

That would be a good Idea, send him into your city's worst part and he'll get that place in check...

iu

Then when he's done he'll announce to the next city on his list...

iu

All Bolo . . . all of the time.

Back