What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 1

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Leagon, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Leagon

Leagon Red Belt

I'm glad he was fired (though I'm confused as to what the Police Union is appealing).

My question is: What was he going to do with the kid before he realized his daughter was also in the car?

Was he going to impound the car then take the kid to jail? He said he would make up some charges on the way there. What kind? They would have to be serious enough to take someone to jail over, not just a broken tail light or speeding or something.

Can any of the cops here provide some insight? Is there an easy charge one can pin on people or am I right to think that he would have had to dome some sinister manipulation (fake bruises, planted drugs/weapons, etc) to justify taking the kid to jail? This kid could have had a criminal record for no reason because of this lunatic, which leads me again to wonder what the Police Union could possibly be appealing.

Edit: Tbf, the daughter is disrespectful (not suicidal, lol) but that's not surprising because she was raised by a piece of shit.

Edit 2: Here's some more info:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...yfriend/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.15682f3a8102

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-an...s-boyfriend-saying-well-make-shit-up-as-we-go

http://www.chroniclet.com/Local-New...re-following-incident-involving-daughter.html

So the girl wasn't answering her parents' calls. The dad used police resources to track his daughter's computer location to her friends' house and went there to wait for her. Then he saw the boyfriend driving by and pulled him over. Didn't ask where his daughter was, just told the kid he was going to jail. The mother of the house the cop was waiting at saw it going down and told the cop to chill out. He demanded to search her home for his daughter's laptop then threatened to give the woman's daughter (who was also in the car) a ticket for not wearing a seat belt if she didn't let her search their home. The mother was going to call 911, but the cop threatened to take her to jail for calling 911 for a non-emergency.

All this time, he was supposed to be responding to a road rage incident, lol

Edit 3:

Full video:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    sniper, GOATER, no fat chicks and 2 others like this.
  2. PoundMeToo

PoundMeToo Gold Belt

It's easy to pin something to give you a right to pull someone over, but definitely not to take them to jail.

Swing, HockeyBjj and Leagon like this.
  3. uppercutbus

uppercutbus Black Belt

I don't know how anyone can answer your conjecture with any certainty, I'm gonna go with "We know as much as you do bro". Other than him power tripping I guess.

4. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

The final words of the piece are classic:

"The police union is appealing the firing."

lol

Johnny Rosa, GOATER, Torrid and 12 others like this.
  5. cottagecheesefan

cottagecheesefan Silver Belt

The daddy issues will be strong with this one.

But that cop should go to jail.. although, not sure if daughter would press charges. Seems like false imprisonment, threatening, etc. Off with his head!

6. Leagon

Leagon Red Belt

We have a lot of officers and legal experts around here that I'm hoping could shed some light on the possibilities. I assume a cop can't just show up with a person and say "put him in a cell" without answering some questions or filling out paperwork.

LangfordBarrow and Jackie Blue like this.
  7. sniper

sniper Sergei Kharitonov

Kid should have just complied. We have laws in this country for a reason.

Boy God and 7437 like this.
  8. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

Charge him with miscegenation, of course.

9. PoundMeToo

PoundMeToo Gold Belt

That's what a union does. It's an agent of the members, like a defense attorney. They defend them whether it's the "right thing to do" or not.

7437, Senkoy and Jackie Blue like this.
  10. OeuvrePressure

OeuvrePressure Titanium Belt

As much as any union would. That's why you pay union dues.

OMG, the union is trying to fulfill their end!! Unions ought to be abolished!

11. Leagon

Leagon Red Belt

Is this true? When teachers gets fired for fucking students, I've never once heard of a teachers' union appealing the firing.

tonni, Rod1, Sohei and 2 others like this.
  12. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

It was a shitty car. Shitty cars always have weed in them, so that probably wouldn't have been an unsafe bet. And why was the daughter tucked away in the back seat?

13. Hogey

Hogey Black Belt

Cop was probably right. His daughter is most likely stupid and her boyfriend a piece of shit.

Krixes, Yorkist and uppercutbus like this.
  14. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

That's not true. It's not some sort of legal requirement. Union members (at least in private sector unions) have to vote in majority agreement in order to enter arbitration on behalf of any individual member. I've seen the vote go against a terminated union member more than once.

15. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

There's a pretty big gap between overstepping and committing statutory rape.

Senkoy and S-dot like this.
  16. PoundMeToo

PoundMeToo Gold Belt

Most teachers aren't in unions. Police unions are a lot stronger.

Konquest likes this.
  17. Edison Carasio

Edison Carasio Excellence of execution belt Platinum Member

Where is @Seano to tell us that this cop obviously prevented a robbery cuz black dudes drive cars on their way to commit crimes.

18. Devout Pessimist

Devout Pessimist Flawed and Foolish

If I were a cop and had my daughter dating some dude I might be tempted to do the same thing just to send a message to the creep. I'd smash his taillight and explain to him that if he harms my daughter it won't just be the taillight I'll smash. It will be his skull.

19. helltoupee

helltoupee Black Belt

He wouldn't have taken him to "jail" per se - just down to the station to be booked - the kid would've likely spent a couple hours there at most, while the cop tried to scare him.

Cops always hang this "I'm taking you to jail" shit over people's heads - but actual county jails are so overcrowded that what they really mean is "you're taking a ride with me to go do some paperwork and then you can leave". Still inconvenient, and ya, you may have to sit in a holding cell with some drunks for a few hours, but it's not jail proper. Cop was most likely just trying to scare him, and then would've let him go without any charges.

Anyways, cops are taught and encouraged to lie - this should be no surprise to anyone.

20. OeuvrePressure

OeuvrePressure Titanium Belt

Are you attributing a position to him he actually doesn't hold?

Yorkist likes this.