Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 1

I didn't know being a cop was genetic and not a choice

some one else pointed that out.

choice or not on being police, its still lazy to generalize all for the actions of some.

i am for anything that gives more accountability to police and the government in general

I'm talking about basic statistical concepts, not interpretation of data to make your point. I expounded in a response to someone else.

how about getting to the point in the first place instead smack talking in what was a non-confrontational disagreement. i'm an ass all the time, i get it, it's fun. but pick your spots a little better.

how about getting to the point in the first place instead being an ass in what was a non-confrontational disagreement. i'm an ass all the time, i get it, it's fun. but pick your spots a little better.
You asked how is was even possible, even though it's very obvious why. Care to comment on the matter now? Do you see how the groups are wildly different, and not comparable?

You asked how is was even possible, even though it's very obvious why. Care to comment on the matter now? Do you see how the groups are wildly different, and not comparable?

care to answer to what i just wrote?

i also expounded in to another poster.

care to answer to what i just wrote?

i also expounded in to another poster.
Sure. I pick my spots fine. Say something reasonable or interesting and I'll give you a well articulated, thoughtful response.

Sure. I pick my spots fine. Say something reasonable or interesting and I'll give you a well articulated, thoughtful response.

because you disagree with the reasoning, doesnt make it unreasonable.

there is definitely a lack of reasonable going on here, and it aint coming from me.

It's got to be pretty bad since the police chief came out and contradicted the officer's story pretty early on this one. Usually they play it close to the vest if there's some chance that the story turns in the officer's favor.

A lot of chiefs won't hesitate to throw an officer under the bus to make themselves look better so I don't put too much into his comments. They're like politicians when it comes to that. The description sound bad, how bad depends on the actual video and the rest of the facts.

A lot of chiefs won't hesitate to throw an officer under the bus to make themselves look better so I don't put too much into his comments. They're like politicians when it comes to that. The description sound bad, how bad depends on the actual video and the rest of the facts.

I agree with the 1st statement which is why I suspect it's pretty bad. A chief will throw an officer under the bus to make himself look better. But he won't do it if there is a chance that the officer is in the right because throwing an officer under the boss will hurt him with the other officers if it turns out to have been a good shoot.

That's why this chief coming out against his officer so early surprised me, it means that he's seen enough that he thinks it's safer to throw the officer under the bus this early on than stand by him.

If we look at the Washington Post's incident database, which ironically they set up with anti-cop sentiment, there were about 20 cases of unarmed suspects getting shot under dubious circumstances in 2015. Aside from that 20, the vast majority of people getting shot were in the process of attacking someone, were holding a lethal weapon or using a vehicle as a weapon, were threatening someone's life, etc.

Now let's say for the sake of argument that watchdog groups and the press missed about 2/3 of the incidents, which I think is a generous assumption, that leaves us with 60 people shot unfairly.

For a country of 300M people, that's a tiny number. There are about 750 000 active cops in the US. Let's say for the sake of argument that 1% of them are "killer" cops, who enjoy killing people for no reason. 7500 killer cops roaming around and they only kill 60 people unfairly in a year? I don't think so. I'd say we're very, very firmly in the realm of an under-1% phenomenon. The term bad apple is literally true. What's happening is that people are drawing vast generalizations based on a tiny number of incidents who are highly mediatized, inflating the public perception of their frequency.

I agree with the 1st statement which is why I suspect it's pretty bad. A chief will throw an officer under the bus to make himself look better. But he won't do it if there is a chance that the officer is in the right because throwing an officer under the boss will hurt him with the other officers if it turns out to have been a good shoot.

That's why this chief coming out against his officer so early surprised me, it means that he's seen enough that he thinks it's safer to throw the officer under the bus this early on than stand by him.

That would be true if those chiefs actually gave a shit what the officers below them thought about them. Many don't. They are appointed by their city officials, not by popularity in the department.

Do you know how crazy a person would have to be driving, or backing in this case, to warrant shooting at a moving vehicle? You would have to have an officer unable to move out of the way-injured on ground or backed up against a wall. Other than that, you simply move out of the way, or as I suspect-don't position yourself to be at risk in the first place.

Never forget that this is over underage consumption and curfew violations. Neither crime is so heinous that a car chase, tasering, or deadly force should ever be the result of trying to apprehend a party goer.

I called my guys off of a foot pursuit for an underage party just last week. I got in the radio and said "you will end this door pursuit foolishness immediately-this is an underage party call, not some type of violent crime!"

They fired his pig ass quick.

Now that he aint a cop i can say, I hope he is found, drug from his home and road hauled all thru downtown and whatever is left over should be put on the courthouse steps.

Fuck him and every pussy ass person like him.

And without the bodycam this cop gets away with it completely. The tragedy here is how many other cases over the years happened where police baldly LIED about their shootings and other happenings. You cannot trust the word of cops. All lie for each other.

I disagree. First, the shot was rebought the passenger window. That makes the self defense angle hard to swallow(and we cop-supporters can swallow a lot). Second, it was for an underage party, which really lowers the chances that deadly force would be even considered by reasonable officers.

Finally, your comment about cops lying only applies to the assholes involved in these incidents. Of course they will lie to try to protect their own ass, but few would back this cops' decision to shoot.

Do you know how crazy a person would have to be driving, or backing in this case, to warrant shooting at a moving vehicle? You would have to have an officer unable to move out of the way-injured on ground or backed up against a wall. Other than that, you simply move out of the way, or as I suspect-don't position yourself to be at risk in the first place.

Never forget that this is over underage consumption and curfew violations. Neither crime is so heinous that a car chase, tasering, or deadly force should ever be the result of trying to apprehend a party goer.

I called my guys off of a foot pursuit for an underage party just last week. I got in the radio and said "you will end this door pursuit foolishness immediately-this is an underage party call, not some type of violent crime!"
This is why you're the best cop I know.

The pig lied about shooting an unarmed person in the back of the head, saying je shot because he feared for his life. That is now a proven lie. So he has no reason to have shot that kid, otgerwise he would have, you know, not lied about it in official reports.

Abd what do we call people shooting at random cars for no reason and killing people?
You dont seem to understand what "proven" means. If it were proven the investigation would be over and we'd be moving to trial or no charges filed.

i dont particularly care about black people, but these scum cops need to be locked up

You dont seem to understand what "proven" means. If it were proven the investigation would be over and we'd be moving to trial or no charges filed.

So im supposed to take the word of the police chief, but not the same chief when he later said that the pigs story didnt matech the bodycam.

Yeah. Theres some logic.

The pig lied about shooting an unarmed person in the back of the head, saying je shot because he feared for his life. That is now a proven lie. So he has no reason to have shot that kid, otgerwise he would have, you know, not lied about it in official reports.

Abd what do we call people shooting at random cars for no reason and killing people?
Then the investigation would be over. But it isn't.

So im supposed to take the word of the police chief, but not the same chief when he later said that the pigs story didnt matech the bodycam.

Yeah. Theres some logic.
You don't seem to understand what logic is either.

Back