Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 1

That's not a majority opinion on either side, though.

The problem is the cops said they the car was coming towards them. According to those conducting the investigation the body cam shows the car moving away.
I already knew that. But the most logical explanation to me for why the cop shot is that he thought the car was the shooter fleeing the scene. If that had been the case, it would have given him some cover at least. But he has nothing now, other than his status as a police officer.

if one cop is corrupt, lies, takes bribes, murders people and the others turn a blind eye and cover for him they are all complicit in his corruption.

if one cop is corrupt, lies, takes bribes, murders people and the others turn a blind eye and cover for him they are all complicit in his corruption.

The chief is at least doing sonething correctly. Thats certainly more than most do. I would expect the bodycam footage to " have technical problems" most of the time.

Size and diversity of the data pool. Cops are also self selecting as was mentioned earlier in this thread. People self selecting into a group are much more likely to share personality characteristics than people who happen to be of the same race. Now apologize for being retarded.
Your killer statistic is 'size and diversity of the data pool'?

Black people commit a way higher % of unlawful Killings per capita than police do. It ain't even close.

Its funny how you have nothing to say about police shooting black minors in the back of the head and lying about it in reports
It's almost like he enters threads to bring up other subjects

Hopefully he's rightfully convicted of murder.

What they really need to do is to start charging these guys with obstruction when they get caught lying like this. An officer filing a false report is also a separate offense in most states, yet they almost never get charged with it in cases like this.

If cops can use the vested authority of the state to put people in prison based solely on their accounts of events, they need to be punished for abusing said authority by lying to avoid getting punished for fucking up.

As it stands now, the blind eye that prosecutors turn to cops lying in reports and perjuring themselves sets up an incentive for constant dishonesty.

Last edited:
I'm vehemently against police brutality of any kind. I was pretty adamant that the police officer that killed Eric Garner was a tremendous piece of shit. That being said, the problem is significantly overblown. There is no epidemic of cops shooting innocent people.

Just looking for some consistency.

NM can't message.

Just looking for some consistency.

In the War Room!? How exactly did you come to expect that? One of the main entertainment factors here is how inconsistent people are. You yourself defended people yesterday when I pointed out that they are highly eager to criticize media that says things they don't like but haven't yet uttered a single word about Fox committing the biggest fraud I've ever heard of in western TV news.

First thing a former cop law school professor will tell you, "cops lie."

I am pro law and order, and realize the reasons cops HAVE to be more aggressive and on edge in most urban AS communities, but I also understand they lie a lot and hide behind their frat/union/uniform too much while doing it. I don't know all what happened here.. He likely made a mistake, but it had horrible consequences. Do uh, do AA's in thosnthread have the notuon he felt like killing and innoventb15 year old that day? Naw.

You Americans and your cops are fucked, when does a full blown war happen between the people and law enforcement.

That would be true if those chiefs actually gave a shit what the officers below them thought about them. Many don't. They are appointed by their city officials, not by popularity in the department.

I doubt they rise in the ranks without some popularity in the department. City officials might appoint the chiefs but they don't manage all of the promotions before that.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5908a384e4b02655f840f923?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

This is why all departments should have cams, its the best evidence

According to the officer's initial report. He fired as the car backed up aggressively towards him. Body cam footage shows the car was actually moving away from the officer.
But it's fucking awesome that Trump won and Hillary lost and fuck BLM, right? Honest to fuck you Americans are fucked. Please keep that shit south of the 49th will you?

You Americans and your cops are fucked, when does a full blown war happen between the people and law enforcement.

Considering that half the population is fine with cops killing and abusing people that they wouldn't want living in their neighborhoods, I'd say never.

Considering that half the population is fine with cops killing and abusing people that they wouldn't want living in their neighborhoods, I'd say never.
its amazing that most have kids yet still have the mentality that it hasn't happened to them so who cares...

Back