Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 1

Body cams are a great concept.
Groups like BLM and friends want to ban them and leftist newspapers often write negatively about them, though.
It's really weird.
On August 1, the “Movement for Black Lives” (an umbrella organization for about 50 groups associated with the Black Lives Matter movement) released a list of demands going into the general election campaign
Out of well over a hundred demands, only a handful are related to policing — including one demanding a ban (!) on police body cameras.

If you ever worry about your movement drifting off message, this is the apotheosis of that problem.
https://fee.org/articles/the-new-blacklivesmatter-demands-have-virtually-nothing-to-do-with-police/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/police-body-cameras-arent-helping_us_57fd0cf7e4b0e655eab7b7f1
https://popularresistance.org/body-...blem-of-police-violence-against-black-people/

Hopefully he's rightfully convicted of murder.
Did you read the article?? Doubt it.

This is another case of STFU and wait for the police to do their job. I don't care if it's related to a terror attack, rape or police shooting. There is no value in rushing to judgement.

And without the bodycam this cop gets away with it completely. The tragedy here is how many other cases over the years happened where police baldly LIED about their shootings and other happenings. You cannot trust the word of cops. All lie for each other.
Gets away with what, though. We still don't know much about the circumstances of the shooting. That's why it's still an ongoing investigation. Just calm yourself and wait for more info.

Statistics, how do they work? Also, common sense.
The weakest response on Sherdog. You have conclusively outed yourself as the absolute moron we all already knew you were.

Which statistics is it you believe proves it's okay to group all cops together but not all blacks? Let's hear about your brilliant common sense as well for good measure.

I think the cops assumed they were the same kids that were shooting and so they unloaded, or that cop unloaded at least. He killed an innocent kid. If it had been the car of the shooter, that would have given them some cover. Or if the guy's BS story wasn't disproved by video evidence.

The problem is the cops said they the car was coming towards them. According to those conducting the investigation the body cam shows the car moving away.

You still don't know how statistics work apparently.

you still dont know how to have an adult conversation

statistics can also paint black people in a certain light. i happen to believe its a bit more nuanced than that. same with police.

Gets away with what, though. We still don't know much about the circumstances of the shooting. That's why it's still an ongoing investigation. Just calm yourself and wait for more info.

The pig lied about shooting an unarmed person in the back of the head, saying je shot because he feared for his life. That is now a proven lie. So he has no reason to have shot that kid, otgerwise he would have, you know, not lied about it in official reports.

Abd what do we call people shooting at random cars for no reason and killing people?

Sounds bad with the limited info I see. Need to see video and get more info to say how bad.

It's got to be pretty bad since the police chief came out and contradicted the officer's story pretty early on this one. Usually they play it close to the vest if there's some chance that the story turns in the officer's favor.

Oh and before someone says "BBBBuut the kid was a loser anyway!"

"Merritt says he “was leaving a house party because he thought it was getting dangerous.” Jordan was a ninth grader on the Mesquite High School football team with a GPA above 3.5. He was described by his football coach as a really great kid.

The best thing in the world or the worst thing in the world would happen, and he'd smile and everything would be OK," [Head Coach Jeff Fleener said.] "You create a checklist of everything you would want in a player, a son, a teammate, a friend and Jordan had all that. He was that kid."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/...l-trump-on-twitter-in-the-most-delightful-way

It's a crying shame.

Last edited:
The weakest response on Sherdog. You have conclusively outed yourself as the absolute moron we all already knew you were.

Which statistics is it you believe proves it's okay to group all cops together but not all blacks? Let's hear about your brilliant common sense as well for good measure.
Size and diversity of the data pool. Cops are also self selecting as was mentioned earlier in this thread. People self selecting into a group are much more likely to share personality characteristics than people who happen to be of the same race. Now apologize for being retarded.

you still dont know how to have an adult conversation

statistics can also paint black people in a certain light. i happen to believe its a bit more nuanced than that. same with police.
I'm talking about basic statistical concepts, not interpretation of data to make your point. I expounded in a response to someone else.

Back