Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 1

I'm a union member now.
This guy's union doesn't seem to feel yet that he deserves summary firing unless it's already been put to a vote within the union leadership.

Right. It's on the union membership to do the right thing. No law forces the union to enter arbitration on behalf of a member. So I feel it's entirely legitimate to criticize a particular union (simply a group of workers) that opts to defend and fight for a bad apple employee.

Not really. The guy seems to have blurred the line between parent and cop, but that's based on like 10 seconds of video without the actual pullover and very little information. It's not like the cop beat the guy up or smashed up his car or something.

...he said he was going to make up charges against the kid and told the kid to get into his car while he had a gun on his hip. Are you being serious? What if the kid said "no"? Or what if the kid punched him? Is he punching his girlfriend's dad or is he assaulting a police officer? You don't see how reckless of a situation this is?

Thanks for the info. But booked for what? And does booking just mean the kid's info is entered into their system?

My guess is the cop wouldn't have charged him with anything - he was probably just trying to scare him by giving him a ride in a police car - I don't even think they would have got as far as being booked.

I'm inclined to think he was flat out power tripping and possibly should be canned. Remains to be seen although these threads often lack follow up.

Don't see how it could be explained otherwise. He put a kid in his patrol car and told him he was under arrest. When the kid asked "for what?" the cop said something like "we'll make the shit up as we go".

Then, as soon as the cop realizes his daughter was also in the kid's car, he tells the kid to leave, puts his daughter in the patrol car, and claims the reason for the traffic stop was to save his daughter from possibly committing suicide.

I mean, come the fuck on...

My guess is the cop wouldn't have charged him with anything - he was probably just trying to scare him by giving him a ride in a police car - I don't even think they would have got as far as being booked.

Fair enough. What would happen to the car while they were out on a ride? And if he was just going to take him for a ride and scare him, why let the kid out once he realized his daughter was in the car? He didn't even give the kid a lecture in the back of the car.

It just has my spider senses tingling. Then making up the stuff about his daughter being suicidal... Guy creeps me the fuck out.

We have a lot of officers and legal experts around here that I'm hoping could shed some light on the possibilities. I assume a cop can't just show up with a person and say "put him in a cell" without answering some questions or filling out paperwork.

An officer can't arrest someone without probable cause, this video doesn't give enough incite about the background of this incident. What traffic violation or information lead to the traffic stop. An arrest report is seen by many sources inside the department before even a prosecutor views it. Any other specific questions?

I'm inclined to think he was flat out power tripping and possibly should be canned. Remains to be seen although these threads often lack follow up.
That is what it seems like. There are a lot of things here that are pretty fuzzy though. Did he just happen upon the guy's car while on patrol and pull him over for nothing? Was the pullover for something else and then he saw who it was? How did he not now the daughter was in the car too and why was she crouched in the backseat with the boyfriend driving?

An officer can't arrest someone without probable cause, this video doesn't give enough incite about the background of this incident. What traffic violation or information lead to the traffic stop. An arrest report is seen by many sources inside the department before even a prosecutor views it. Any other specific questions?

But when the kid asked what he was being arrested for, the cop said he would make some stuff up as they go. Does an officer have to state why they are arresting you? Or if they have probable cause, can they keep that to themselves when asked?

Fair enough. What would happen to the car while they were out on a ride?

These are all just guesses, but I don't think it would've been impounded.

I'm thinking the cop probably would've put the kid in the car, started driving towards the station while he gave him a good talking to, and then looped around and dropped the kid off back at his own vehicle with a bunch of stern warnings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify any of this - it's basically kidnapping.

But when the kid asked what he was being arrested for, the cop said he would make some stuff up as they go. Does an officer have to state why they are arresting you? Or if they have probable cause, can they keep that to themselves when asked?

First you have to know the reason for the interaction, the kid may have committed a criminal violation while driving, a speed statute for example. So A crime may have been committed before the officer figured out the identity of who he stopped and then realized its his daughters boyfriend. Eventually you have to be notified of your charges, the only caveat is it has to be safe and reasonable to inform the person at that time. So it doesn't have to be on scene, it can be in a processing room or before booking for example.

I don't think they need to tell you what you are being arrested for until you are officially charged. Also you can be held for questioning with charges for 24 hours.

Edit: Tbf, the daughter is disrespectful (not suicidal, lol) but that's not surprising because she was raised by a piece of shit.

How do you know he was a piece of shit? From this video?

How about if the boyfriend was really a piece of shit and treated the guy's daughter like garbage and got her hooked on crack and etc...would the cop still be a POS?

If the cop was really a POS would he do this? I think there are much more severe things he could do without the cameras on.

What I say is you cannot tell someone who to love. The only way you can stop people from loving each other or at least being intent on being with each other is MURDER.

How hard would it be for a cop to make someone disappear exactly?

Don't see how it could be explained otherwise. He put a kid in his patrol car and told him he was under arrest. When the kid asked "for what?" the cop said something like "we'll make the shit up as we go".

Then, as soon as the cop realizes his daughter was also in the kid's car, he tells the kid to leave, puts his daughter in the patrol car, and claims the reason for the traffic stop was to save his daughter from possibly committing suicide.

I mean, come the fuck on...
why-do-we-say-likely-story-about-the-stories-we-most-likely-doubt.jpg

First you have to know the reason for the interaction, the kid may have committed a criminal violation while driving, a speed statute for example. So A crime may have been committed before the officer figured out the identity of who he stopped and then realized its his daughters boyfriend. Eventually you have to be notified of your charges, the only caveat is it has to be safe and reasonable to inform the person at that time. So it doesn't have to be on scene, it can be in a processing room or before booking for example.

Thanks for the details.

Here's some more info for those interested (and I edited the OP):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...yfriend/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.15682f3a8102

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-an...s-boyfriend-saying-well-make-shit-up-as-we-go

http://www.chroniclet.com/Local-New...re-following-incident-involving-daughter.html

So the girl wasn't answering her parents' calls. The dad used police resources to track his daughter's computer location to her friends' house and went there to wait for her. Then he saw the boyfriend driving by and pulled him over. Didn't ask where his daughter was, just told the kid he was going to jail. The mother of the house the cop was waiting at saw it going down and told the cop to chill out. He demanded to search her home for his daughter's laptop then threatened to give the woman's daughter (who was also in the car) a ticket for not wearing a seat belt if she didn't let her search their home. The mother was going to call 911, but the cop threatened to take her to jail for calling 911 for a non-emergency.

All this time, he was supposed to be responding to a road rage incident, lol. He ended up telling the station that he was pulling the kid over because he was respond to the mom's 911 call (which didn't exist).

Where is @Seano to tell us that this cop obviously prevented a robbery cuz black dudes drive cars on their way to commit crimes.
Hey, how about you go fuck yourself and keep your stupid accusations to yourself? I've never said anything like that, you disingenuous piece of trash.

How do you know he was a piece of shit? From this video?

How about if the boyfriend was really a piece of shit and treated the guy's daughter like garbage and got her hooked on crack and etc...would the cop still be a POS?

If the cop was really a POS would he do this? I think there are much more severe things he could do without the cameras on.

What I say is you cannot tell someone who to love. The only way you can stop people from loving each other or at least being intent on being with each other is MURDER.

How hard would it be for a cop to make someone disappear exactly?

Yes, from this video. He approached an 18 year old kid with a gun and told him to get into his car. For no reason. That's a piece of shit. If his daughter is hooked on crack, it's not because her boyfriend has some superpowers that let him control peoples' minds, it's because the cop raised a crackwhore, which would also make him a piece of shit.

Full video of the incident:

"Go ahead and get smart. Before I can do something to you...even more."

Mom: "You're using department [unclear] for your daughter."

Cop: "No, I'm not. ...Well I'm allowed to!"

All the crimes coming in over the police radio while this guy is threatening some kids and a mother. Dude is a psycho.

...he said he was going to make up charges against the kid and told the kid to get into his car while he had a gun on his hip. Are you being serious? What if the kid said "no"? Or what if the kid punched him? Is he punching his girlfriend's dad or is he assaulting a police officer? You don't see how reckless of a situation this is?
OK, now we're off in the weeds. Cops always have a gun on their hip, this wasn't specific to this interaction. The kid would have broken the law whether he was punching a cop or his girlfriend's dad. You don't know if the dad had reason to believe the kid was a drug dealer and wanted to search the car, if his daughter was fucked up on something when she left, all we really know is apparently the dad didn't know where his daughter was. You don't know any of the people in this story but seem to have filled in the blanks yourself here when there are a lot of things that would make a difference one way or the other. The guy probably shouldn't be a cop, but we don't need to pretend he was on the verge of murder or even threatening to kill people.

Last edited:
Cop is a dumb ass and deserves to get fired.

She is 18 and can date who she wants.

If he doesn't like it he can kick her out or refuse to help her in anyway or tell her he never wants to see her again or whatever.

Doing what he did is stupid at best or criminal. There is no sense fucking up your life just because your kid is a shit head.

I speak from experience dealing with a kid that wants to fuck up their life. You love then but that doesn't mean you have to put up with or deal with them if they are fucked up and refuse to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back