What Are the Largest Athletes We'll Ever See

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In major sports where size is an advantage like basketball and football.

In Basketball we've already had Manute Bol (7 foot 7 inches) and Sun Mingming (7 foot 9 inches), but no 8 footers. Do you see this changing any time soon? Do you think there are even any men 8 foot and above with enough athleticism to play pro basketball?

B0ufA2KIIAEWpr_.jpg

Sun Mingming

In the NFL the largest player ever is Aaron Gibson at 6 foot 6 in and 410 lbs. However, there is a 19 year old even bigger at 7 foot 1 inch and 440 lbs.

hqdefault.jpg

With the average height increasing worldwide, I can see there being at least 8 footer in basketball in the next decade. There could be an athletic 8 footer right now. We just have to find him since he could be starving away in a third world country like Manute Bol was. As for football, I'll leave that up to you since I'm not as familiar with the sport.

410 pounds playing football sounds like a guaranteed heart attack.

Strong man

Brian Shaw:
6, 8"
423 lbs
FinalsDay1-Shaw-Deadlift-1024x682.jpg

Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson:
6, 9"
441 lbs
Björnsson_Arnold_Classic_2017.jpg

Currently we are seeing some breakthroughs into the bigger heights with guys looking otherwise normally proportioned and not looking like they have ailments from that growth.

The problem was prior that such giants invariably had massive offsets in poor joints, mobility and health but now it seems an upper limit of 6'10" can be achieved in what seems normal body proportions and health. That is largely due to better nutrition, health awareness, availability of good treatments when young (stabilize and straighten spine as they grow).

So i suspect we will continue to see people get bigger and able to maintain health but I think we are near that useful ceiling now.

In football/soccer I guess it's Peter Crouch at 6' 7 and 100lbs

JS115809156_peter-crouch-sport_trans_Nv_BQz_QNjv4_B.jpg

In football/soccer I guess it's Peter Crouch at 6' 7 and 100lbs

JS115809156_peter-crouch-sport_trans_Nv_BQz_QNjv4_B.jpg

LO<LOL<LLOLL

100lbs

He should be scoring more. Who can stop his headers on crossing passes?

Last edited:

These guys are huge, and they run a lot, and have power

This guy is 6'11"

Didn't Aaron Gibson have a helmet that was so big you could fit a high school player's helmet inside it?

Akebono was probably one of the largest sumo wrestlers and unsucessful MMA fighter. I remember seeing him in Waikiki when I was a kid. That was the first time I've seen a man of that size in person.

6' 8" and I believe 550 pounds during his sumo days.
Akebono-Royce-Gracie.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back