What Are the Largest Athletes We'll Ever See

In the sport of strongman, in the past - you would have champs like Bill Kazmaier, who was considered one of the strongest men in history, and he was around 6 foot 2, 340 pounds. That was in the early 80s. Now you have strongman champs who are 6 foot 7 and up, 450 pounds or more, and lifting even heavier weights. It appears soon we will see 7 foot tall, 500 pounds of muscle monsters taking part.

Tennis player Simona Halep is pretty big.
simona-halep-sexy-busty-romanian-tennis-superstar.jpg

we'll probably never see record breaking giants again because they treat the pituitary gland tumor before gigantism gets too severe. In all likelihood, no one will ever come close to the GOAT, Robert Wadlow, ever again.
yqegwbk.jpg
what sport did he play? how tall was he?

what sport did he play? how tall was he?
he was born in 1918, so he he wasn't steered into a sports program. He was 8'11, so he'd be eye level with a basketball net and basically score at will. Until his knees explode.

we'll probably never see record breaking giants again because they treat the pituitary gland tumor before gigantism gets too severe. In all likelihood, no one will ever come close to the GOAT, Robert Wadlow, ever again.
yqegwbk.jpg

Yea Wadlow was a true giant but after about 7 and a half feet tall athleticism declines. Wadlow was almost 9 feet tall and when he died at age 22 he was still growing.

Seriously, he was a hill giant.

th

th

th

th

Yea Wadlow was a true giant but after about 7 and a half feet tall athleticism declines. Wadlow was almost 9 feet tall and when he died at age 22 he was still growing.

Seriously, he was a hill giant.

th

th

th

th
would be interesting to see how freakishly huge he can get if kept alive with modern science. It's so rare to see a genuine 7+ footer irl just walking around the city, and it looks so surreal when you see them towering above everyone else. Seeing a 9 footer in person would be mind blowing.

In major sports where size is an advantage like basketball and football.

In Basketball we've already had Manute Bol (7 foot 7 inches) and Sun Mingming (7 foot 9 inches), but no 8 footers. Do you see this changing any time soon? Do you think there are even any men 8 foot and above with enough athleticism to play pro basketball?

B0ufA2KIIAEWpr_.jpg

Sun Mingming

In the NFL the largest player ever is Aaron Gibson at 6 foot 6 in and 410 lbs. However, there is a 19 year old even bigger at 7 foot 1 inch and 440 lbs.

hqdefault.jpg

With the average height increasing worldwide, I can see there being at least 8 footer in basketball in the next decade. There could be an athletic 8 footer right now. We just have to find him since he could be starving away in a third world country like Manute Bol was. As for football, I'll leave that up to you since I'm not as familiar with the sport.

Mighty think knee braces for a teenager

would be interesting to see how freakishly huge he can get if kept alive with modern science. It's so rare to see a genuine 7+ footer irl just walking around the city, and it looks so surreal when you see them towering above everyone else. Seeing a 9 footer in person would be mind blowing.
Creepy...you make it sound as if you are talking about some caged animal and not a human being.

anyone below 7 feet shouldnt be on this list.

Yao was the only big athlete who could somewhat move.

Isn't anyone who over 400 IBS extremely likely to suffer from a heart attack? They may be fit as hell relative to their weight, but I can't imagine being that heavy is healthy over 50.

I think the next decade is too soon for 8+ beasts. It will be the generation after the next generation who will start having giant monster humans.

If football players get any bigger the sport will be over due to lawsuits from CTE every day.

Back