What are the best Muay Thai camps in Thailand?

If your only going for a month i wouldnt worry too much

Rawai in phucket is very popular but its got a big drinking culture, Sinbi is a good choice and is very big with koreans as the owner sing is a big name there,

sor vorapin in bankok is good and ive heard good things about siam no1 and chaiyai in chiang mai and its half the price of what you would pay in phuket, looking to go there in the new year

just go and check it out for yourself, whats good for one person isnt always good for another

Sor Vorapin 1 is a joke. but i heard Sor Vorapin 2 is ok. Dont go to kaewsamrit becuase they just got a break from all the farang and the need time for serious training.

i see you still havent gotten answer from that idiot with the bullshit post Anorak, dont worry about him. he's probably still wearing his little dragons karate with a yellow belt with 2 stripes. hahahaha

Well since your on the internet just look for some schools and then come back and ask the people on the fourm if these are good choices

Sor Vorapin 1 is a joke. but i heard Sor Vorapin 2 is ok. Dont go to kaewsamrit becuase they just got a break from all the farang and the need time for serious training.

I heard that Sor Varapin wasn't that good (though I didn't know there were two Sor Vorapin)....
The one located near Khao San Road....Too many tourists (first-timers)....Place is packed and you won't get any attention or proper instruction compared to other gyms...

hope nobody minds if i ask this here , has anyone been to wmc in koh samui

wmc is very worn down and dirty, but some trainers are pretty good.

If I were you I would go to......

Its a brand new gym in Thailand with MT and MMA+BJJ
an UFC HW is the head coach, he is in brazil atm thou.
The other BJJ trainer is one talented sob.

They have a cage +2 rings swiming pool and a good weightlifting area+ air conditioned cardio room.

For a really cheap price you can train MT+bjj 6-7hours /day.

wmc is very worn down and dirty, but some trainers are pretty good.

If I were you I would go to......

Its a brand new gym in Thailand with MT and MMA+BJJ
an UFC HW is the head coach, he is in brazil atm thou.
The other BJJ trainer is one talented sob.

They have a cage +2 rings swiming pool and a good weightlifting area+ air conditioned cardio room.

For a really cheap price you can train MT+bjj 6-7hours /day.

Maybe its cause I just woke up and not quite mentally awake....but what camp are you talking about?:icon_conf

I don't see a name of the gym anywhere in your post...

Also....Who is the UFC HW coach?

ill say it again, Kaewsamrit pimpjuice!
ill be there in june for a month

Many good muay thai gyms in Thailand. Depends where u are going.. Best gyms are in Bangkok.. and if you move central/ through southern Thailand.. there is plenty of good gyms to choose from...

Northern gyms are more Rural. They are less farang friendly as well, meaning they will be less acceptable to foreign fighters. They are more traditional, ala Kickboxer movie with van damme.

I visited many good gyms in thailand..
If you only go for short time, and want good quality training.. I prefer good farang friendly gyms like:

-Kietsongrit (great quality training)
-Sidyongtong (crowded, but good)
-Fairtex *** (expensive,but worth it)

I recently went to MTG Muaythai Camp Koh Samui. Its a bit more expensive and kind of resorty but have great trainers and good sparring for the middle weights and above.

I heard that Sor Varapin wasn't that good (though I didn't know there were two Sor Vorapin)....
The one located near Khao San Road....Too many tourists (first-timers)....Place is packed and you won't get any attention or proper instruction compared to other gyms...

You were a first-timer once too bud

Don't go to Fairtex, it's a resort.

Unless you're a well known fighter, they wont push you and work you hard enough.

Go to Por Pramuk.

Many good muay thai gyms in Thailand. Depends where u are going.. Best gyms are in Bangkok.. and if you move central/ through southern Thailand.. there is plenty of good gyms to choose from...

Northern gyms are more Rural. They are less farang friendly as well, meaning they will be less acceptable to foreign fighters. They are more traditional, ala Kickboxer movie with van damme.

I visited many good gyms in thailand..
If you only go for short time, and want good quality training.. I prefer good farang friendly gyms like:

-Kietsongrit (great quality training)
-Sidyongtong (crowded, but good)
-Fairtex *** (expensive,but worth it)

i thought Sidyodtong dont really accept farang

Dan, Bro.. You don't go to Thailand to learn MMA.

Back