What are the best Muay Thai camps in Thailand?

not sure and it really dont matter does it? at this point. who ever they give me..

Those clips films were from my first month in Thailand.

I was suppose to leave after that but i stayed another month.

As you can see during the training I was losing weight and getting a little faster.

I was about 230 when I got there and left at 210 in 60 days adding some muscle as well.

I worked on alot of stuff and pulled some of it off today training at XC in Vegas.

I have a ton to learn and plan on going back asap after my late aug fight

Good stuff...what do you think about working with Yod ? Do u think he understands what u need for in your standup ? The more combos, the tradeoffs you have to have considering you gotta watch out for takedowns n such ?

P.S- those elbows are a good idea always under-utilised in MMA (specially in the clinch...too much emphasis on the over/underhooks)

Im looking for a good muay thai camp in thailand for a good price. Im no tourist so I don't care how remote it is, im the kinda guy that's gunna wake up and go to the gym and stay there all day.
-any suggestions are good thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

best are in bangkok, dont need to go remote

Haha, my camp "KMT62" at soi Sukhumvit 62, Bangkok, Thailand and my friend camp "Tampa Muay Thai" at USA

I'm planning to visit Sitmonchai which recently started allowing foreigners to train, sitsongpeenong which has a VERY nice website i have to say, and 13 coins which is already well known.

It's not really about the camp man, it's about finding at trainer who actually wants to teach you. By trainer, I don't mean a "pad holder" .. I mean a TRAINER (a teacher) .. someone who will actually show you technique and want to see you improve.

I've probably trained at around 30 gyms here in Thailand and some gyms with great reputations turned out to be bad due to lazy trainers while lesser known gyms turned out to be great (just because I ended up getting a trainer who decided he wanted to teach me something that day).

It's kind of hard when a trainer likes you on a personal level and PICKS you, but you don't really like the way he trains, but u hesitantly stick with him for a little while anyway because you don't wanna offend him. I've been in these types of situations a few times where i'll sample each of the trainers in the gym and find one i really like, then some other trainer/padholder i tried out gives me a look like "wtf man? i thought i was training u??"

That causes all sorts of issues and embarrassing moments, but when it comes down to it, ur paying for the training so u gotta go with what's best for u.

Yeah I will fight while im there I just want to get the best training, I don't care who's giving it
Posted via Mobile Device

story of former trainer[ CHAI ]at legacy n owner of sitpohom goes like this :

The father when saw me bit intoxicated took my coat n said " Is it for me,is it for me ? " took it to himself without permission,,the next day refused to have took,i found it in his room n took back.

The brother [ suwit ] who always asks me " where u go " follows me whenever i go to shop and shows beverages,candys n says " For papa,mama,baby,aunty,uncle " and takes what he wants at mine,other's expense,,shameless Ass hole of big time.

Sister's [ Urai ] children would open,steal from my walet when am on run or at my absence,i hate that and am not the only one to be stoled off.

Chai's One eyed Girl friend who apparently is a big time hooker at Bangkok would try to charge u 15000 Bhat unlike mentioned at website as she did to me,,then i had to clarify,then she said " Its ok,,for u 10000 Ok " and humiliate me for making payment little late which i intimated to Pimp Chai,this Hooker wants everyone to go to her saloon or to her 2 husbanded sister for massage and likes only white dicks to hold n swing all night Long.And the hooker took away my Bed sheet to white ASS HOLES as they charge them more n expect favours,,i was left with Rain water pouring on me ....

Chai when finished screwing the One eyed hooker would come in Morning to Gym n say " Balance Balance - stance stance , Like this Like this " and fuck off to clean his hen/****'s pussy n dick as he is used to it Lot.

Sitpohom Gym atmosphere :

Rooms filled with 101 Lizards would make good music all day n night and Gecho Lizards would shit on u for sure and make Loud Noices n never let u sleep,i 1 even have not slept for 1 day in that Monkey Gym.

Red Ants everywhere u train ready to bite ur Ass.

I found snake in my room waiting to bite me,am fortunate to see that shit a second before.
Toilets would be the last place u would like to go,smeely,stinky,shitty and freaky.

U will find 7/11 8 Kms away , ATM 7 Kms Away or u mus travel 30 Kms , Net cafe not guaranteed in Hillybilly village , so either its 20 Kms or 30 Kms,,The clinic in buffelow village is hardly open for medical emergencies.

Stagnated water near rooms and out of Gym,perfect mosquito breeding ground and all bitten by Ants and insects n had to get treated in hospital.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I apologise for being rude in about statement but this is what the Gym is all about and attitude of people there,i had to leave my baggage and walk away cos the Hooker humiliated me to core,this can happen to me - can happen to you.

Kindly do decide wether to go there n fall sick or go to a better hygenic Gym n get better.
I thank you for your time and apologise again.

Warm regards and best wishes.

story of former trainer[ CHAI ]at legacy n owner of sitpohom goes like this :

The father when saw me bit intoxicated took my coat n said " Is it for me,is it for me ? " took it to himself without permission,,the next day refused to have took,i found it in his room n took back.

The brother [ suwit ] who always asks me " where u go " follows me whenever i go to shop and shows beverages,candys n says " For papa,mama,baby,aunty,uncle " and takes what he wants at mine,other's expense,,shameless Ass hole of big time.

Sister's [ Urai ] children would open,steal from my walet when am on run or at my absence,i hate that and am not the only one to be stoled off.

Chai's One eyed Girl friend who apparently is a big time hooker at Bangkok would try to charge u 15000 Bhat unlike mentioned at website as she did to me,,then i had to clarify,then she said " Its ok,,for u 10000 Ok " and humiliate me for making payment little late which i intimated to Pimp Chai,this Hooker wants everyone to go to her saloon or to her 2 husbanded sister for massage and likes only white dicks to hold n swing all night Long.And the hooker took away my Bed sheet to white ASS HOLES as they charge them more n expect favours,,i was left with Rain water pouring on me ....

Chai when finished screwing the One eyed hooker would come in Morning to Gym n say " Balance Balance - stance stance , Like this Like this " and fuck off to clean his hen/****'s pussy n dick as he is used to it Lot.

Sitpohom Gym atmosphere :

Rooms filled with 101 Lizards would make good music all day n night and Gecho Lizards would shit on u for sure and make Loud Noices n never let u sleep,i 1 even have not slept for 1 day in that Monkey Gym.

Red Ants everywhere u train ready to bite ur Ass.

I found snake in my room waiting to bite me,am fortunate to see that shit a second before.
Toilets would be the last place u would like to go,smeely,stinky,shitty and freaky.

U will find 7/11 8 Kms away , ATM 7 Kms Away or u mus travel 30 Kms , Net cafe not guaranteed in Hillybilly village , so either its 20 Kms or 30 Kms,,The clinic in buffelow village is hardly open for medical emergencies.

Stagnated water near rooms and out of Gym,perfect mosquito breeding ground and all bitten by Ants and insects n had to get treated in hospital.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I apologise for being rude in about statement but this is what the Gym is all about and attitude of people there,i had to leave my baggage and walk away cos the Hooker humiliated me to core,this can happen to me - can happen to you.

Kindly do decide wether to go there n fall sick or go to a better hygenic Gym n get better.
I thank you for your time and apologise again.

Warm regards and best wishes.

how do you know who took from your wallet if you were absent.
you gave the names of the people and you were absent.
the man who took your coat without permission, did you just let him rip it of your back.
when you go shopping and purchase something, you should pay for your products and leave, just say the other stuff on the counter the thai people put there are not mine and im not paying.
many holes in this story.

Yo that hillbilly gym next to the water buffalo village overrun by 101 geckos managed by the famous one-eyed prostitute from Bangkok sounds mad authentic though. Reminds me of Por Pramuk.

Check out 13 coins gym in Bangkok. The legend Orono is a trainer there, and so is Saenchai Sor Kingstar...cant get any better than that. Also John Wayne Parr likes to train there.

Don't go to Fairtex, it's a resort.

Unless you're a well known fighter, they wont push you and work you hard enough.

Go to Por Pramuk.

this is the truth right here...

I just came back from 3 months of Thailand in BKK. . But do NOT go to Fairtex it is the biggest joke, and all the gyms know it. Im sure they could take you to championship status but its more about money and its more expensive then almost all gyms in Thailand. I went there for one day for one session because I was in the area and its famous so I figured why not. Its 800baht for one 2 hour session which is absolutley ridiculous, most gyms charge that much for a room, 2 meals and 2 training sessions a day. The training they did 5, 2 minute rounds with me total joke, and they baby you. And no matter how good your technique is they wil say, he you should buy some priavte sessions. It was the softest gym I have seen in Thailand. Its not for trainign its a resort with a muay thai gym. If thats what your looking for thats where you should go. I was at Kaewsamrit, which is a gym full of champions and people regularily competing, as well is full of Thais. No Thais, no good. 5, 5 minutes rounds, check there page to see the training breakdown. Sinbi is a good gym, Ive heard Jitti was good and Eminent air aswell.

Check out thaigyms.com

Tiger Muay Thai and MMA would be last place id visit if I was in Thailand
Id rather take my chances with some unknown village in Burma/Cambodia/Thailand than go to Tiger

that place is the biggest joke ever, resort for people who want to say the trained in thailand.. wackest shit ever

All three you mentioned are good choices, but Sinbi has the best opportunity to go chill and be by the beach & decompress. Decompress does not mean becoming a drunk-whoremonger.

Keathamtorn and Kaewsamrit are both good. I have trained at Kaewsamrit and have a friend currently at Keathamtorn. But if you can put up with the squalid living conditions at Kaewsamrit you'll get some good box & clinch training.

whats up man, i jsut got back form kaewsamrit... i thought the living conditions were pretty nice. no bugs in my room and it was pretty clean over all....what issues did you have with the place?

Has anybody been to 13 coins gym recently? How is it right now?

Back