What are the best Muay Thai camps in Thailand?

I can see this dude at tiger Muay Thai/MMA Phuket. You can drink and train & get women Farang or thai.:icon_chee

oh you went there for a month? to fight or train?

cause whenever my boy goes to thailand.... he fights

Nope. I didn't make it to Thailand in June of 2008 due to some last minute bills that I had to pay. :( What about you?

keatkhamtorn just google it it will come up with their website... looks like a legit camp, focuses a lot on clinch, but they have good fighters and coaches there, thats where im going when i go to thailand

I have been looking for a good Muay Thai camp. I would really like to head peoples opinions on some of the camps in Thailand. I would like to go this year for a month or two. Any ideas are welcome, I would like websites to the camps if at all possible too. The ideal school would be mainly ground based Jiu-Jitsu MMA, with Muay Thai stand up technique.

Thank you very much,

-Dan

you want to go to Thailand to practice Jiu-Jitsu?
please....no.

I originally had this posted as a grappling/ MMA camp thread...

Fairtex is like the brand name of Muay Thai making it very expensive (though I'm sure it's more than worth it) so I'm probably going to go somewhere a bit cheaper... Anyone heard of Horizons camp? Sound pretty decent.

I was thinking of going to horizon because 1- it was cheap
2- from the pictures, Koh Phangan (island the camp is located on) seems like a tropical paradise...looks beautiful over there...

not sure how good the camp is though.

I heard good things about SitYodTong in Thailand but I wouldnt know

I am looking to train in thailand for 6 mos. I was considering Kaewsamrit, Keatkhamto or Sinbi. I am very serious about the training and not really interested in partying or nightlife. I want to enjoy the Thai culture while learning as much Muay Thai as possible. Im not a super tight budget but i want to get the most for my money. Any suggestions? Thank you

I am looking to train in thailand for 6 mos. I was considering Kaewsamrit, Keatkhamto or Sinbi. I am very serious about the training and not really interested in partying or nightlife. I want to enjoy the Thai culture while learning as much Muay Thai as possible. Im not a super tight budget but i want to get the most for my money. Any suggestions? Thank you

All three you mentioned are good choices, but Sinbi has the best opportunity to go chill and be by the beach & decompress. Decompress does not mean becoming a drunk-whoremonger.

Keathamtorn and Kaewsamrit are both good. I have trained at Kaewsamrit and have a friend currently at Keathamtorn. But if you can put up with the squalid living conditions at Kaewsamrit you'll get some good box & clinch training.

Hi Phil,

While watching the video I noticed you focus a lot on throwing combinations with your elbows. Are you planning on bringing that into the octagon?

Hi Phil,

While watching the video I noticed you focus a lot on throwing combinations with your elbows. Are you planning on bringing that into the octagon?

I think Phil needs to lose some more weight (if he can) he still looks pretty bulky n i think it makes his stand up a lil stiff.

Just my 0.02 cents.:icon_chee

Tiger Muay Thai and MMA would be last place id visit if I was in Thailand
Id rather take my chances with some unknown village in Burma/Cambodia/Thailand than go to Tiger

I think Phil needs to lose some more weight (if he can) he still looks pretty bulky n i think it makes his stand up a lil stiff.

Just my 0.02 cents.:icon_chee

He hasn't fought in like 6 months! Give him a break! Being shredded 365 days of the year ain't healthy for the mind bro either bro.

He hasn't fought in like 6 months! Give him a break! Being shredded 365 days of the year ain't healthy for the mind bro either bro.

Oh im not trying to knock the guy. I mean i didnt really care for him cuz iv read some assole stories about him but in his coupla posts here he seems kinda apolegetic (to himself) n just seems to want to make one last push for the top. Maturity will do that to you. He's like 33+ i think ? I can relate, im gonna hit 30 this year n there are things that i want to achieve as a fighter before its too late.

As to the weight thing, i didnt mean like he should get shredded. He should get smaller (IMO). Maybe that'll make a difference in his speed/cardio/fluidity. Areas that have been a problem for him.
I know hes like 220(?) i think right now n is trying to slim down but even at MW hes always looked a lil beefy(?) just his genetics i guess (n past mistakes). Maybe WW is where its at for him. When was the last if ever he was at that weight ? I mean a nice SLOW healthy weight loss. Hes got lots of power n his techniques is as good as its gonna get (maybe some tweaks) but running etc will help your cardio only so much. If he hits a wall n his cardio's not improving then maybe thats the answer ?
Bar that i think everything else, at his stage in his career, is mental. His pacing,state of mind,strategy,clarity of mind,application, thats what has to improve to get on top.

Anyway like i said this is just my armchair analysis :D and it is what is.
Phil ,if you're reading this, I wont lie n say im a fan (or have been) but i'll definitely be taking interest in your career for a bit.
Hey at least im being honest :icon_chee

P.S- Please please dont take that easy way out. You risk damaging your future in more ways than u can think and its easy as hell in Thailand.
I think most true fans will admit its not the win or lose but HOW a man fights is what counts. (lol....Korean Zombie anyone ?)

Peace out !

Those clips films were from my first month in Thailand.

I was suppose to leave after that but i stayed another month.

As you can see during the training I was losing weight and getting a little faster.

I was about 230 when I got there and left at 210 in 60 days adding some muscle as well.

I worked on alot of stuff and pulled some of it off today training at XC in Vegas.

I have a ton to learn and plan on going back asap after my late aug fight

Hi Phil,

yeah why not. cut some cats up.. it works had it done to me

Back