Well , today we learned that boxing is rigged

Issue is why have judges. To much money on the line. Should be more analysis than judge. Too much money on the line.
I think the reason it's stayed the same for so long is that those in control want it that way. It looks like Al Haymon only had to bribe one judge to make sure Wilder didn't lose, which is likely a lot less than he'd have to pay out if there was entire panels reviewing the decisions afterwards.

I think the reason it's stayed the same for so long is that those in control want it that way. It looks like Al Haymon only had to bribe one judge to make sure Wilder didn't lose, which is likely a lot less than he'd have to pay out if there was entire panels reviewing the decisions afterwards.
Retatd3d football we see car. Rugby we see var. Cricket there's var tennis var.

Retatd3d football we see car. Rugby we see var. Cricket there's var tennis var.
Those sports are constantly trying out new technology too, Cricket uses 4 or 5 last time I checked. Snicko, DRS, Spider Cam, Hotspot etc. Changes are overdue in boxing for sure. Sometimes the orgs do review the fights if they are controversially scored, but usually they side with the controversial card and that to me suggests they're covering themselves rather than trying to correctly score the fights.

Conversely, you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who posts here regularly who would characterize this as a robbery. About half of the boxing media that I've seen who scored the fight had it either a draw or for Wilder. The guy was floored twice and there were at least 4 or 5 other genuinely close rounds. You can argue 115/111 is a terrible score, but 113/113 is a completely reasonable card.

I'm not sure what media scores you are looking at but the ones I saw posted on reddit on /boxing had almost all the scores in favor of Fury, i'm not sure if you meant to say Fury instead of Wilder cause I only saw like 2-3 media scores in favor of Wilder and the vast majority were 115-111 or 114-112 for Fury.

A draw in a 12 round fight is not reasonable when Wilder won 4 rounds tops, I only had Wilder winning rounds 2, 9 and 12, the 7th could be scored for Wilder too but that's still not enough to even get a draw.

Just because Fury didn't lose the fight doesn't mean he wasn't robbed of a clear win.

If you're just another troll trying to force me into accepting your narrative then please stop.

If 1 persons mugs you while another 2 other people just watch, it stills counts as being robbed.

So Mayweather was robbed against Canelo despite getting the win?

I'm not sure what media scores you are looking at but the ones I saw posted on reddit on /boxing had almost all the scores in favor of Fury, i'm not sure if you meant to say Fury instead of Wilder cause I only saw like 2-3 media scores in favor of Wilder and the vast majority were 115-111 or 114-112 for Fury.

A draw in a 12 round fight is not reasonable when Wilder won 4 rounds tops, I only had Wilder winning rounds 2, 9 and 12, the 7th could be scored for Wilder too but that's still not enough to even get a draw.

Just because Fury didn't lose the fight doesn't mean he wasn't robbed of a clear win.

He definitely won 3 rounds (two by a 10-8 margin). There are at least three other swing rounds after that. My score is 114-112 Fury, but there were two rounds that I gave to Fury which were exceptionally close and that I couldn't really take issue with giving to Wilder. It was very, very close on the cards and a drawish fight. No one was robbed.

He definitely won 3 rounds (two by a 10-8 margin). There are at least three other swing rounds after that. My score is 114-112 Fury, but there were two rounds that I gave to Fury which were exceptionally close and that I couldn't really take issue with giving to Wilder. It was very, very close on the cards and a drawish fight. No one was robbed.

Wilder won 4 rounds tops, 2, 7, 9 and 12, you can't even get a draw with his best case scenario so a draw is a robbery. Most people had Wilder only winning 2-3 rounds.

Just because the guy that clearly should have won didn't lose doesn't mean he wasn't robbed of the win he earned.

This idea that a fight can't be a robbery because it was a draw is silly. GGG got robbed in the first fight with Canello and that was a draw too.

Wilder won 4 rounds tops, 2, 7, 9 and 12, you can't even get a draw with his best case scenario so a draw is a robbery. Most people had Fury only winning 2-3 rounds.

Just because the guy that clearly should have won didn't lose doesn't mean he wasn't robbed of the win he earned.

If you think Fury couldn't have possibly lost rounds like 3 and 6 (he barely edged rounds 4 and 5 if we're being honest), then I'm not sure what you're watching. Wilder was jabbing on even terms (he outjabbed Fury in round 6) with Fury throughout the early to middle rounds. These were really close rounds where Fury was mustering very little real offense. Neither man was doing a lot, and one or two small punches basically decided these rounds. I don't actually think you can score round 7 for Wilder as that was a much more clear Fury round than anything from round 2-6 (all of which could probably be argued for Wilder even if I wouldn't give them all to Wilder).

When you muster as little offense as Fury did for nearly half the fight and get floored twice, you can't complain about a robbery.

If you think Fury couldn't have possibly lost rounds like 3 and 6 (he barely edged rounds 4 and 5 if we're being honest), then I'm not sure what you're watching. Wilder was jabbing on even terms (he outjabbed Fury in round 6) with Fury throughout the early to middle rounds. These were really close rounds where Fury was mustering very little real offense. Neither man was doing a lot, and one or two small punches basically decided these rounds. I don't actually think you can score round 7 for Wilder as that was a much more clear Fury round than anything from round 2-6 (all of which could probably be argued for Wilder even if I wouldn't give them all to Wilder).

When you muster as little offense as Fury did for nearly half the fight and get floored twice, you can't complain about a robbery.
if Fury mustered little offense then what do you call the offense that Wilder mustered? 2 knockdowns get you 2 10-8 rounds, but Fury won 8 or 9 rounds in that fight making him the winner.

Did he win? no, therefore fans cry robbery.

Back