Weinstein: Fall of an Empire

What's annoying is this shit happens all the time in Hollywood, but it's only brought up when these elites piss off the rest of the elites.

Harvey is notorious for being a thug and having a bad personality but it's only now he is being called out for his behavior....

This. It's about elitist behavior and men abusing power. All the people turning this into "liberals and conservatives" are embarrassing. I enjoyed when they only had a voice for 3 months, every 4 years.

And you're a rube if you don't think this was a political thread from the get-go.

Right Wing Tries to Paint Harvey Weinstein As a Democratic Problem

The right-wing noise machine has found a new talking point: The liberal elite is whitewashing the sins of Harvey Weinstein.

In a blockbuster New York Times report published on Thursday, several women detailed a decades-long pattern of inappropriate sexual conduct by Weinstein, the co-founder of Miramax, as well as his elaborate efforts to silence his victims by paying them to keep quiet. The accounts prompted more disturbing stories to emerge and raised questions about how Weinstein’s behavior, an open secret in some circles, could have been tolerated for so long. Commentators on the right are seeking to make the story a political liability for Democrats, since Weinstein has consistently supported the party over the years.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...to-paint-weinstein-as-democratic-problem.html
Republicans call for Dems to return donations from Harvey Weinstein

The Republican National Committee (RNC) on Thursday called on Democrats to return campaign donations from Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, following a report by The New York Times that he had been accused of sexual harassment by various women over the years.

"During three-decades worth of sexual harassment allegations, Harvey Weinstein lined the pockets of Democrats to the tune of three-quarters of a million dollars," RNC Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel said in the statement. "If Democrats and the [Democratic National Committee] truly stand up for women like they say they do, then returning this dirty money should be a no brainer."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ems-to-return-donations-from-harvey-weinstein
Republicans and Democrats war over Harvey Weinstein donations

Meanwhile, the president's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., called Weinstein out for what he called his "amazing deflection statement," in which the producer said he would be channel his anger by working against the National Rifle Association and the president.

Trump Jr. summed it up as, "After 3 decades of rampant sexual harassment, I'm going to go after the NRA and Trump so it's ok... # Hollywood."

On Friday, Republicans continued to seize on Weinstein's liberal political ties, sending out an email highlighting politicians who had thus far failed to return Weinstein's money.

"During three-decades worth of sexual harassment allegations, Harvey Weinstein lined the pockets of Democrats to the tune of three-quarters of a million dollars," said RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel in a statement. "If Democrats and the DNC truly stand up for women like they say they do, then returning this dirty money should be a no-brainer."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...s-hell-give-away-campaign-donation/737631001/

Democrats Rush to Return Donations From Harvey Weinstein

Republicans were harshly critical of lawmakers who had accepted Weinstein's donations, arguing that his behavior was well-known before the Times report was published.

"I don’t think that people are surprised," Tim Miller, a Republican operative who served as Jeb Bush's communications director in the 2016 election. "It seems like it was an open secret. Hollywood and the Democratic Party tend to look the other way when there’s misogynistic behavior exhibited by people who contribute to Democratic causes"

An email from the Republican National Committee circulating on Friday listed 29 Democratic politicians and entities that benefited from Weinstein's patronage.

"If Democrats and the DNC truly stand up for women like they say they do, then returning this dirty money should be a no-brainer," RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said in the email.

Outside Republican groups said they intend to highlight the gap between Democrats idealistic statements on the treatment of women and the acceptance of donations from Weinstein.
http://time.com/4972389/harvey-weinstein-democratic-senators/

Google "Harvey Weinstein" and "Democrat", "Republican" and you have dozens of stories on the issue.

Do you enjoy The Young Turks?

That sucks. As a longtime Tarantino fan, I've always been aware of Weinstein. Some people turn into real pieces of shit in positions of power & good fortune. Although maybe he would have been a scumbag even if he worked at McDonald's.

Also, lol at this somehow turning into a political thread.

Although maybe he would have been a scumbag even if he worked at McDonald's.

Maybe. Only difference being is that he'd be referred to as Inmate #34256, and not Harvey Weinstein. Poor people only get one strike.

Maybe. Only difference being is that he'd be referred to as Inmate #34256, and not Harvey Weinstein. Poor people only get one strike.

A lot of poor people also don't get justice though, no six-figure settlements or NYTimes exposés about their sexual attackers. Sometimes that shit just goes unnoticed en masse. Maybe ol' Mickey D's manager Weinstein would still be doing his thing with the revolving door of low self esteem dishwashers.

They fired from his company but since the company bares his name aren't they going to have to rebrand the company also?

They fired from his company but since the company bares his name aren't they going to have to rebrand the company also?
Yeah, that's already the plan. There's already MSM articles discussing that point.

I'm loving these Trump comparisons but unfortunately he's one of yours Democrats

It's not political leanings that make you abuse power, it's power. I see the hypocrisy but this is as old as Hollywood itself. I never cared about the Trump allegations....Plenty of a Presidents had affairs right in the White House. Ashley Judd is an asshole though and I can see her exaggerating and making shit up. Lena Dunham is nuts if she thinks anyone buys people sexually harassing her. But here is where the issue lies. You play games like Weinstein you will get some legit burns and some made up ones, par for the course. Scum is scum.

Power corrupts. I wonder which of the hottest actresses were coerced into having relations with him.

There is a story of him calling Hayley Atwell a fat pig... Seriously, she has a killer figure and some of the best boobs in Hollywood.
Stuff like that makes it blatantly obvious it's pure sour grapes, which only means he got dee-nied. It's such a cliché that the ones who yell loudest the often the guiltiest party.

This is kind of Cringey. Video of him and Jlaw giving his close personal friend/rape buddy Slick Willie some sort of LBGT award. Jlaw is all about him, probably willingly licked his asshole. I wouldn't be surprised if some of her fappening stuff was to him.

I bet she owes her career to him. No need to jizz on plants Harvey I'm coming over.

I just heard the leaked NYPD audio on MSNBC of him at a hotel trying his very best to coerce a European woman into his hotel room after he touched her boob without permission. Sounded really pitiful.

I wasn't singling you out my man.

I'd agree with you if it was universally applied in situations where people settle out of court. But people assume Bill Cosby, Michael Jackson etc. despite settling out of court, are guilty.

In any case, enjoy work bud.

Michael Jackson was guilty as fuck.

I was on the fence until the 2016 police leak.

Back