Weidman responds to Silva's media no show

Status
Not open for further replies.

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Weidman, who lives in New York and was en route to Las Vegas for his own media event, noted he just got back from another media tour in Los Angeles, not to mention stops in Montreal and Toronto to promote the fight.

"I hope he has a good reason why he didn't go. I just went out to Los Angeles for three days. I just wasted time during my camp."

"I haven't been in this sport as long as him," Weidman said, "but you watch these superstar basketball players like LeBron James, and after every game, win or lose, he answers questions from the media.

"There's always stuff that you don't want to do when you're an athlete, but you just have to do it."

Weidman, who is new to the limelight, questioned whether Silva's priorities were in tact before their middleweight title fight later this summer.

"I hope he's staying grounded," he said. "I hope his head isn't getting so big that he thinks he doesn't have to do things for the UFC, but who am I to judge?

"If his head is really getting too big, I'm definitely going to bring him down to earth on July 6."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/5/7/4309102/chris-weidman-promises-to-ground-anderson-silva-following-recent

"If his head is really getting too big, I'm definitely going to bring him down to earth on July 6."

Love this guy... Hope he can back up his talk.

Damn, Anderson missed a press conference.

Guess we will miss out on hearing the ever-engaging MMA media ask him such deep questions like,

"Who would you like to fight next?"

And hearing the same stupid joke repeated for the 12th time.

Last edited:
Honestly i'm a big mma fan and if i saw Weidman walk down the street i wouldn't recognize him. He should be worrying about himself.

I'm not saying silva is going to lose but a lot of things like missed media events, andersons media output in brazil and the new 10 fight contract all seem to be pointing to silva not being entirely focused for this fight and it might bite him in the arse

VFLKC.gif

Lebron James HAS in fact skipped media interviews. Try again Weidman. lol

Weidman really stepping up his shit talking game, I dig it.

He is going to be Chris Narrowman when Silva is done with him.

Yes I know that makes no sense but I got nothing else, sorry.

Talk about a head getting too big. Weidman barely has enough cred to critisize Anderson's jock strap, much less the best fighter on the planet.

Just stop talking, it only makes you sound worse.

Anderson's irresponsible. He had nearly 10 years, yet he still can't speak proper English. Anderson wishes that he can be the champ that GSP is.

"by Ariel Helwani"

Lol of course. Stirring up shit again it seems

Lebron > Anderson

.....Silva will go down as the greatest UFC champion of all time.

Lebron will never go down as the greatest NBA player of all time. Your statement is erroneous.

Definitely starting to seem staged to hype up the fight. Why not ask the media outlets who were supposed to be in attendance what they think about it. But instead in 12 or so hours they get a interview with Weidman and he's talking shit??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back