Was there a bigger saved by the bell moment than Shields vs Mayhem?

literally got KTFO
And yet he was able to post up on his elbow and hold his face in his free hand; people who are "literally...KTFO" are unconscious and would be incapable of doing either of those two things.

KTFO looks like this:
HelplessPastelBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

Despite Mayhems classic mental issues and downfall, The guy was a legit talent and charismatic.

And yet he was able to post up on his elbow and hold his face in his free hand; people who are "literally...KTFO" are unconscious and would be incapable of doing either of those two things.

KTFO looks like this:
HelplessPastelBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

He was definitely flash KO'd. You don't drop like a sack of potatoes if you're conscious. He was out cold in the way down.

End of the first round of Garbrandt - Dillashaw. Couple more seconds and Cody would have had him out of there.

Incredible to think that TJ became champ about five minutes after he was almost KO'd.
That series was crazy. Id have to watch again but i remember Cody started talking shit and not chasing down TJ before the round round even ended. The second fight luckily put it all to rest lol

He was definitely flash KO'd. You don't drop like a sack of potatoes if you're conscious. He was out cold in the way down.
I agree that there are different degrees of knockdowns/knockouts, but you said that Bisping was "literally KTFO" and have now moved the goal post to instead being "flash KO'd".

(Timestamped)

How come no one has said Rampage vs. Silva II? Page just secured full mount after a big knockdown and steady dose of GnP. Only the two-minute break between rounds saved Wanderlei and led to arguably the greatest knockout of all-time.

I agree that there are different degrees of knockdowns/knockouts, but you said that Bisping was "literally KTFO" and have now moved the goal post to instead being "flash KO'd".

(Timestamped)

Unconscious is unconscious.

You're right, and Bisping wasn't (at any point) unconscious during his fight against Silva.

He just dropped like a sack of potatoes as if he'd been shot by a sniper because he was conscious, right? You only fall like that with no reflexes to protect you when you're out cold.

Big nog vs Barnett 1 for sake of old memories, he caught him deep in a leg lock if I recall correctly

He just dropped like a sack of potatoes as if he'd been shot by a sniper because he was conscious, right? You only fall like that with no reflexes to protect you when you're out cold.
And yet he stopped himself from hitting the ground because he still had motor control, which sort of requires consciousness, and as you said previously:
Unconscious is unconscious.

Imagine the trajectory of Mayhem's career if he got the tap and became SF champ. He had so much potential.

Aldo Mendez 2 with the knockdown as the bell sounded

Back