Was there a bigger saved by the bell moment than Shields vs Mayhem?

I didn't really follow MMA when shields fought mayhem, only thing i know is that shields is very good on the ground. How good was mayhem in his prime?

Mayhem was really good. He went downhill hard after his knee injury/ being naked in a church, but he had some sick grappling

Biggest Saved By the Bell moments

Screen-Shot-2016-12-03-at-8.28.50-AM.png

1480715072-zackkelly.jpg
imgres

Zak Morris is trash

Shields was probably fucked there. Like 92% likely.

However like another poster mentioned, Bisping was 137% fucked against Anderson. If Anderson immediately started gnp'ing him for 2 seconds it would have been stopped

edit: Also so cringey watching Anderson celebrate on and on when it wasnt stopped lol
Anderson vs Franklin 2 also had an end of round KO.

Rich's corner literally had to help him walk to the stool. The fight easily could have been stopped there. Rich was KOed, dropped like a sack of potatoes and couldn't stand up or walk on his own.

That's a myth. Uriah Hall fought with the same injury and the fight wasnt stopped. It would have only been stopped if Jones quit, which he wouldn't have.

Hall had a nasty open fracture of a toe, but Jones' big toe was ripped-off halfway through. No way they'd have let the fight continue, the toe was on it's way to getting detached.

When you look at that, Anderson vs Bisping isn’t a saved by the bell moment.

Effectively Anderson called the fight over after the knew and even hopped on the cage. If the round was 30 seconds long its possible that Anderson gets DQ’d for his activities after the knee.

LOL no he wouldn't, If Palhares didn't get DQd then Anderson wouldn't either

wow if mayham subbed shields, say buhbye to shields credibility.

never even seen this before.

Recent one that comes to mind is Silva vs. Bisping.
There was absolutely no way of Bisping surviving more than a couple of seconds there, while shields could've somehow toughed it through... in theory at least.
No Shields was definitely going to sleep. You’re right about Bisping though. Honestly I don’t think he would have been able to answer the Bell but Anderson’s antics bought him some time

There have been some good ones... but how about Holly Holm vs de Randamie and those 5 minute 5 second rounds... :eek:
Yeah I’m still confused as to why she got away with that

Where's my rematch buddy?!

Came to say this.

Also came to say GSP VS Hughes.

I don’t have much to add to this thread.

But you’re more likely to survive getting rocked (Hughes and Bisping) than you are to escape a deep choke like that. That was a tricky one. Idk

Igor vs Enson.

Sure the fight was stopped after the bell but Enson would have gotten his wish of dying in the ring that night if the bell hadn't rung. Didn't help in the fight but it saved his life, can't get a bigger save than that.

End of the first round of Garbrandt - Dillashaw. Couple more seconds and Cody would have had him out of there.

Incredible to think that TJ became champ about five minutes after he was almost KO'd.

He dropped him and threw like 5 follow up shots and TJ still dodged that shit. Really though we don’t actually know that, that Cody would’ve finished him if he had a little more time. For all we know TJ would’ve ate them and still got through it and ended up getting Cody back. We really don’t know.

Back