Was Bubba the most overrated TUF fighter ever?

didn't read the whole thing but

Mike Whitehead from Season 2 takes the cake. Matt Hughes' teammate, #1 pick at HW, spent the whole season as de facto assistant coach yelling at WWs that he could out cardio them on the treadmill so they sucked. Then he fights and just stands there for 10 minutes like a confused dog. Afterwards, I think they blamed his performance on a ringworm or something.

I recall some Team Alpha Male undefeated dude who lost in seconds in the fight getting into the house. Also the guy who got guillotined by Cody McKenzie and then got guillotined again on his second chance.

nah, nobody even picked him first

tbf though, he wouldve won other seasons, like the middleweight season that chuck and tito coached, where the best two guys were court mcgee and nick ring

this season just has excellent fighters

nah, nobody even picked him first

tbf though, he wouldve won other seasons, like the middleweight season that chuck and tito coached, where the best two guys were court mcgee and nick ring

this season just has excellent fighters

just rewatched that season. had some decent fightersw, but the guys on this show seem next level. maybe thats cos we dont see them dicking around and cos production is good, but i'm excited about at least 8/14 fighters careers

He got so much screen time with his bi-polar behaviour for no good reason. He didn't deserve the wildcard and seems to be in the bottom half quality wise of this seasons contestants.

oh, also forgot Micah Miller who didn't even make it into the house after getting all cocky. he was the favorite to win, was talking that nobody in the house was on his level, and then lost the fight to even get in the house.

UFC vet Wes Sims also did terribly. Not that he was ever that good, but he got dominated.

Well Bubba won twice and lost twice. Not THAT bad of a showing.

Not so much over-rated as disappointing was Matt Serra's first pick when he was on Season 6 of TUF. Joe Scarola was his close friend, employee at his gym, and best man at his wedding. You could tell Matt was very upset and hurt when Joe tapped out close to the end of the round, but even worse when Joe refused to stay on the show and went home. Unlike much of "reality" tv, that was some real drama that broke up a legit friendship, sad.

Well Bubba won twice and lost twice. Not THAT bad of a showing.

Oh jeez...look at how impressive his wins were....one was the guy quitting...

And of course look at the dominating beatdown he took on his last loss...

IDK I was really disappointed when Barnatt lost, also Chael was even making fun of Bubba on the first episode, so he was never really overrated except in his own mind.

Philipe Nover and Kimbo Slice disagree.

Kimbo was picked by basically no one but Rampage to win the show. He was still popular but everyone knew he was not a good fighter

Its Philipe Nover by far

To Kimbo's credit he never had a professional fight, he was fighting fat bouncers and making a name for himself on Youtube.

Uhm?
I think you need to check again.

You remember EliteXC?

I think you're being to hard on Nover. He did a lot better on the show than bubba + he got to the finals where he lost by decision.

bubba is just pathetic

Marc Stevens was probably more overrated. He was the number one pick, but got subbed by guillotine in back to back fights. Bubba at least had one win by tko from kidney failure.

Dan Barrera was Hughes first pick in the Serra/Hughes season and I'm not even sure Dan Barrera knows how to fight.

When the cast was revealed, Forrest was pretty much everyone's pick to win the show.

This just simply isn't true. Why are you pretending you know what you're talking about?

Most people didn't even know Forrest Griffin was on the show until Chris Leben kicked in his door.

Southworth was the LHW favorite on Liddell's team and Bonnar for Couture.

Back