Was Bubba the most overrated TUF fighter ever?

jojo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dude came in as JBJ main training partner, talked highly by everyone including himself and loses twice on the show.

The hype was highly disgusting for me. I'm pleased with TUFs outcome thus far.

this year's TUF crop is really good. on a normal TUF season he would've been a favorite to win the whole thing. too bad uriah's just on another level

Marc Stevens was probably more overrated. He was the number one pick, but got subbed by guillotine in back to back fights. Bubba at least had one win by tko from kidney failure.

he was way more overrated than me but then again, i wasnt very overrated since i wasnt on the show... but i was on the toilet and i killed it as expected!

You need to go ahead and be funny before you post.

I was really disappointed, hall is a good striker Bubba walks right into his strikes. No feeling out, no throwing faints

Fainting Philip Nover

Dana even reffered to him as the next anderson silva :eek:

Uriah and Kelvin are both really good fighters. They're in the semi finals for a reason. Phillipe Nover was supposed to be like Anderson St. Pierre or something (Dana's fault). And Junie's hype was not justified at all.

EASILY the most overrated.. i've never been so disappointed in a fighter on this show..

Not even close. Not even the most overrated guy on this season. Barnatt and Hester were more overrated.

sad sad guy just goes to show you how weak jbj traing partners are

You need to go ahead and be funny before you post.

Haha, right?

Can't take anything away from him losing to Uriah though, dude looks like a monster! And considering he's only lost to Weidman and Philippou, Uriah could still very well be on his way to a path of (at least decent) glory...

I think you exaggerated just a bit. Bubba wasn't even the #1 pick, so I'm not sure why you are describing him as overrated. Clint Hester was picked #1 and look what happened to him.

There have been a bunch of guys that were tabbed as season favorites that never panned out.

TUF 1 - Bobby Southworth - very experienced, arguably should have gotten the nod over Bonnar.
TUF 2 - Mike Whitehead - was very experienced and a heavy favorite against Rashad.
TUF 3 - Jesse Forbes - Shamrock's #1 pick, lost twice on the show
TUF 7 - C.B. Dollaway - Favorite to win the show, ended up losing twice to Sadollah
TUF 8 - Nover, as mentioned by someone else
TUF 10 - Abe Wagner was picked #1, lost in first fight
TUF 12 - Marc Stevens, lost twice on show
TUF Live - Justin Lawrence - good striker, but didn't live up to the early hype

sorry i used up all my funny juices on your girlfriend's face earlier... i was exhausted and a little lightheaded when i posted your magesty:icon_chee

Still not funny...try one more time, usually 3rd time is the charm.

I think you exaggerated just a bit. Bubba wasn't even the #1 pick, so I'm not sure why you are describing him as overrated. Clint Hester was picked #1 and look what happened to him.

There have been a bunch of guys that were tabbed as season favorites that never panned out.

TUF 1 - Bobby Southworth - very experienced, arguably should have gotten the nod over Bonnar.
TUF 2 - Mike Whitehead - was very experienced and a heavy favorite against Rashad.
TUF 3 - Jesse Forbes - Shamrock's #1 pick, lost twice on the show
TUF 7 - C.B. Dollaway - Favorite to win the show, ended up losing twice to Sadollah
TUF 8 - Nover, as mentioned by someone else
TUF 10 - Abe Wagner was picked #1, lost in first fight
TUF 12 - Marc Stevens, lost twice on show
TUF Live - Justin Lawrence - good striker, but didn't live up to the early hype

Southworth was experienced, but I don't think anyone really thought he'd win the show. Forrest was the favorite pretty much as soon as the cast was revealed.

Whitehead lost to Rashad. Doesn't look so bad in retrospect, though it was indeed shocking at the time.

Pretty much same goes for Dollaway.

Never understood the Nover hype. I had Escudero winning from the very beginning. The biggest shock to me is how Escudero's career just took a nose dive after winning the show.

To me, Jorge Gurgel was the most overrated. He and Stevenson were expected to battle it out for the tourney title.

Bubba has no heart. All talk. He was looking for a way out, since that fight was announced. And he's not that skilled either.

I don't think he was out with Hall; I think he faked it. He was visibly very happy in the end to just have this be over.

Bubba has no heart. All talk. He was looking for a way out, since that fight was announced. And he's not that skilled either.

I don't think he was out with Hall; I think he faked it. He was visibly very happy in the end to just have this be over.

yeah that's what i was getting at.. really annoyed he wasted Clint's wildcard spot

Back