Was Bubba the most overrated TUF fighter ever?

To people saying Bubba faked getting KTFO:

Stop it.

He got KTFO. Don't take away from Uriah's shine.

"Queens rocks to the Planet Rock. Don't Stop."--Afrika Bambaataa

I think Bubba faked being KO'd. I think he was hurt, but not out. Doesn't matter any which way though.

I certainly felt he was looking for a way out but I don't think he 'threw' the fight or 'faked' anything at any point he got got hit pretty hard on his eye.

As for Overrated his team mate's are surely going to sing his praises especially seeing how he is a bit mentally weak there not going to say he is shit are they.

Having seen Bubba fight before I wasn't surprised he struggled on the show TBH.

I thought Chris Leben's actual TUF 1 performance, his 1 fight against 170lb kenny florian was pretty bad. He was picked as one of the favorites after smashing Mike Swick before the show. Diego was the other favorite and lived up to the hype. But this season I would say Bubba was the most overrated for the season, maybe even with Tor Troeng. There were those threads speculating Tor was the guy who sent everyone to the hospital.

I don't think he is was the most overrated guy ever but he is probably my least favourite guy ever. I really can't stand the guy, full of excuses and no heart whatsoever.

I hate Bubba on TUF, he walked around like a big dude the whole time, and arguably lost 2 and arguably all 3 of fights if Kevin didnt pull out.

Plus he was the only one to call out a fighter. All in All he was making out like he was this world beater, and I reckon he was one of the worst fighters in the house.

Barnatt was a first pick. Hester was a first pick. Those guys were getting much more hyped. People thought Hester was gonna be a killer.

Bubba wasn't picked #1 because Bones knew Sonnen wasn't going to take him. Barnatt did much better and looked much better than Bubba. Hester got outwrestled and never got another chance because Bones was basically forced to waste his wildcard pick on Bubba (and yes, I know Bubba 'won' the wildcard fight).

A whole bunch of clowns thought Kevin Casey was really good. In the threads speculating who the monster is multiple people said it would be Kevin CAsey..bwhahahaha.

Calling mediocre 'Some retreat, some surrender' the monster is about as overrated as a person could get..Sadly I believe the majority for no apparent reason that I could think of also thought he would easily smash Colin. So bubba isn't even close to the most overrated guy on this season alone. Just the most delusional of own abilities and annoying.

Acting like my argument is the implausible one...you must have gotten your college degree at a dojo and your black belt from a community college.

Well, that is not a very good inference either I'm afraid.

So much would of rather had Clint as the wild card. Don't think he would of been scared, and actual possibility of a good fight.

So much would of rather had Clint as the wild card. Don't think he would of been scared, and actual possibility of a good fight.

Honestly kudos to Clint for not making a big scene out of it (unless they cut out a bunch of confessionals and shit) but he should have rightfully been pissed about Bubba getting that wildcard spot. Between his demeanor after the fight was announced to the actual fight itself, Bubba was beaten mentally from the second the words came out of Dana's mouth. Like you said, at least Clint would have made it a fight even if he lost.

I loved it when he said to Mir. "I thought I was one of the best in the world until I came to this house".

So true.

I loved it when he said to Mir. "I thought I was one of the best in the world until I came to this house".

So true.

As much as I don't like Bubba lets not make shit up:icon_lol:

Mir said Uriah was good and Bubba said "I thought I was good until I came to this house"

When the cast was revealed, Forrest was pretty much everyone's pick to win the show. Southworth had fought in Pride, but didn't put up much of a fight, and had a mediocre record, losing to the only 2 name fighters he ever fought (though he did have a win over Floyd Sword, a pretty tough fighter who was and still isn't very well known). Forrest had wins over Monson, Fulton, Braga, and Sonnen (who wasn't actually a name back then, though the other 3 were). Forrest also had a very good fight with Jeremy Horn in a fairly high profile tournament (the same tournament he beat Sonnen, and where Babalu submitted Shogun en route to winning the whole thing). He had retired after he received a broken arm in a KO victory in Brazil. TUF 1 brought him out of retirement, and anyone who knew anything at all about MMA had him pegged as the favorite.

Forrest was never the favorite to win the show , he wasn't the flashy guy nor the guy that sort out like a sore thumb (actually he was in the clownesque way) .
Soutworth was the definite favorite to win it all .

And for those that say Bubba faked the KO . Lol maybe you would fake it but him , he got KTFO .

And today's share of hateorade is brought to you by JonesBones .

He could be hating but what's the difference between saying Bubba is overrated an saying those two are? LOL I don't get it. They were first picks. No one said Bubba was the feared monster or picked him to win the show. Barnatt and Hester's name were mentioned a lot.d

to come from Jackson's and be a sparring partner of Jones and come in the house with a 20-6 record

he sure as hell flopped

Bubba woke up to his eye hurting in the inside. The way it went down that was real. He got KTFO. Didn't fake it.

I don't think he was that overrated considering his own teammate picked two guys ahead of him.

Bubba has no heart. All talk. He was looking for a way out, since that fight was announced. And he's not that skilled either.

I don't think he was out with Hall; I think he faked it. He was visibly very happy in the end to just have this be over.

agreed

Back