Was Bubba the most overrated TUF fighter ever?

Bubba's Doctor:

J/K. Bubba was clearly scared as can be, but truth is, many fighters get scared before their fights, it just isn't caught on film.

I bet not as bad as Bubba was scared. How many fighters do you think cower behind their hands in the post weigh in face off?

Dude lost the fight mentally before ever walking into the octagon. Way past normal fight fear level.

Fainting Philip Nover

Dana even reffered to him as the next anderson silva :eek:

This has to be one of the most ridiculous statements ever made by Dana. What ended up happening to the guy anyways?

People were even suggesting he was the possible "TUF monster" after the first episode.

The interesting thing is that he didn't look great on his fight to get into the house. Remember Chael trolling?

I don't know about most overrated, but he's definitely one of the most annoying.

Didn't he fight 3 times in a short amount of time? Give him a break, you can't say he's overrated when he's fought three times like that. Anderson Silva would not look his usual self if he had to fight 3 times because of the injuries etc.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous statements ever made by Dana. What ended up happening to the guy anyways?

last i know he lost a SD to Marcin Held in Bellator 59

He's fighting for Bellator ...............Tonight .

It would be hard to be more overrated than Kimbo was. Really more like over hyped. He didn't talk as much crap as Bubba but he was being shoved down our throats with the marketing of that season. He was the Bad Ass that was suppose to be an eventual Big Ticket.

Forrest was never the favorite to win the show , he wasn't the flashy guy nor the guy that sort out like a sore thumb (actually he was in the clownesque way) .
Soutworth was the definite favorite to win it all .

And for those that say Bubba faked the KO . Lol maybe you would fake it but him , he got KTFO .

Southworth's behavior kind of reminds me of Bubba, minus the 'father---- bas----' thing.
Both of them seemed to elect themselves leader and seemed to have a certain arrogance. I thought Gabe Reudiger was similar too.

Not only did he get finished twice, but his win left a lot to be desired. Very overrated for sure.

I see him going 1 and 1 in the UFC and then getting cut.

Marc Stevens was probably more overrated. He was the number one pick, but got subbed by guillotine in back to back fights. Bubba at least had one win by tko from kidney failure.

Amen brother

Considering it doesn't look like he's UFC material at all, I'd say he's at least amongst the most overrated TUF guys.

Not only did he get finished twice, but his win left a lot to be desired. Very overrated for sure.

I see him going 1 and 1 in the UFC and then getting cut.

He'll get at least 3 fights

TUF guys get easy fights these days too, so he'll get 2 wins imo

Maybe he is that guy who is a beast in the gym but can't put it together in the cage, plus fighting 4 times in a matter of weeks is not going to be good for anybody.

Well he was trying really hard to get an easy fight right after he got into the house. I'm sure a lot of people dropped their expectations of him after that.

Dude came in as JBJ main training partner, talked highly by everyone including himself and loses twice on the show.

Bubba was his own hype man on the show. He talked him self up every camera opportunity and just often in general. I didn't like him on the show. I met him. In long island ny he wasn't the same way. I think he was trying to make the ost of the opportunity.

imagine this. He hypes himself. Then wins. It would be epic. Its a tournament. if you can't bet on yourself to win then you shouldn't be there. Guys like kalvin may still be trying to validate them self as a professional fighter. Bubba on the other hand over 20 pro fights. So there isn't a need for validation. He has done it for years. How good is he. Is he great. Is he a champion. All those things are probably things a fighter struggles with once they been though the grind for a few years as a professional. Trying to separate yourself from journey man, or a champion or a legend.

If he hyped himself and won the show he would have an epic season to watch and use to promote himself. Even if only to his grand kids. It just didn't work out that way. I don't know him well. I experienced him though and when i did he wasn't a know it all or arrogant he i was just another cool dude.

If you don't win the TUF tourney. Like any other opportunity its back to the daily grind. For bubba. Its back to the daily grind.

This was his chance to become a star. I honestly never hear of him in the fight world or seen him in action i don't think. This was his chance to change that. I'll remember him and I'll hope for him to capture a title. I just see it being in legacy, wsof, one fc.

There is the tournament and the marketing opportunity. If you aren't going to win you have to make the most of the opportunity you will have in front of about 1 million viewers per week for 8 weeks. I was imprinted on enough to want to see him in what ever organization he lands in.

Marc Stevens was probably more overrated. He was the number one pick, but got subbed by guillotine in back to back fights. Bubba at least had one win by tko from kidney failure.
Stevens did lose by guillotine twice, but he also looked fairly competent and dominant. He had legit wrestling skills and fairly good power.

Bubba has... apparently some kind of good striking he doesn't use. :icon_lol:

Another top 3 overrated TUF fighter is Stephan Bonnar

Mike Whitehead was a great one.
The guy was so supposed to crush everybody that he wasn't training, just acting like a coach.
And of course Stevens, the worst 1st pick ever, with 2 losses by the same technic, including one in 17 sec

Back