Ward vs Kovalev 2

It'd still be potentially more money than they could get elsewhere. They'd get it done I think.

It'd still be potentially more money than they could get elsewhere. They'd get it done I think.

I don't see it. Ward got more money both times on top of threatening to pull out for lots of little nonsense reasons both times and missing the Kellerman face off. If Kov wins they will never let Ward be the upside again and keep pulling the bullshit his team always does. Ward won't ever fight for less than Kov and Kov will think he's won twice in a row if he wins this one.

I think it's over no matter who wins. Ward is eyeing retirement and Kathy is done with Roc Nation nonsense.

I expect another fight where Kovalev should get the decision but won't.

I don't see it. Ward got more money both times on top of threatening to pull out for lots of little nonsense reasons both times and missing the Kellerman face off. If Kov wins they will never let Ward be the upside again and keep pulling the bullshit his team always does. Ward won't ever fight for less than Kov and Kov will think he's won twice in a row if he wins this one.

I think it's over no matter who wins. Ward is eyeing retirement and Kathy is done with Roc Nation nonsense.
Wards going after Golovkin at 168 if he beats Canelo.

Wards going after Golovkin at 168 if he beats Canelo.
ward hates cutting weight though, and he doesn't really need too. I doubt he'll go after GGG, particularly because there are some guys at 175 worth a go with. I could see him fighting Canelo maybe if Canelo beats GGG, that would obviously be a big money fight, but I doubt GGG would bring the $ worth the weight cut. Actually, if Joe Smith Jr. gets enough big wins under his belt at 175, I could see Joe Smith Jr. as an easy cash grab for Ward. He's got "great white hope" written all over him, same as Pavlik, whom Ward was also trying to fight.

also, I don't think either Canelo or GGG want that work. Not that that should be expected of either of them, they're both 160ers, but Ward beats them both by a pretty clear UD. Danny might be interesting given his size and style, but even RR said they aren't confident in a Ward matchup.

unless andre is compromised by the weight, golovkin is low risk/high reward for ward.

Ggg wants no part of Ward
Tend to agree but we'll see. He gets to run the show if he beats Canelo.
ward hates cutting weight though, and he doesn't really need too. I doubt he'll go after GGG, particularly because there are some guys at 175 worth a go with. I could see him fighting Canelo maybe if Canelo beats GGG, that would obviously be a big money fight, but I doubt GGG would bring the $ worth the weight cut. Actually, if Joe Smith Jr. gets enough big wins under his belt at 175, I could see Joe Smith Jr. as an easy cash grab for Ward. He's got "great white hope" written all over him, same as Pavlik, whom Ward was also trying to fight.

also, I don't think either Canelo or GGG want that work. Not that that should be expected of either of them, they're both 160ers, but Ward beats them both by a pretty clear UD. Danny might be interesting given his size and style, but even RR said they aren't confident in a Ward matchup.
Dont think hes adjusted as easily as they imagined to 175. Gets paid well but looking for big bucks and big names on the resume. When he beats Kovalev I dont think there will be anyone at 175 who wants it either lol.

But ya, expect that if Ward wins and Golovkin wins youll hear about still wanting the fight.

unless andre is compromised by the weight, golovkin is low risk/high reward for ward.
He can still make 168 pretty easily. He hasnt gotten bigger since he first started the transition to 175.

Ggg wants no part of Ward

why would a guy want anything to do with a pfp boxer that fights two weight classes above him? marvin hagler wanted nothing to do with michael spinks and rightfully so.

unless you are michael spinks or roy jones jr youll find very few examples in mma or boxing where a guy successfully jumps up two weight classes and takes on a reigning champion. you could include hopkins in that list but bernard had already beaten glencoffee who beat antonio before deciding to take on the challenge

why would a guy want anything to do with a pfp boxer that fights two weight classes above him? marvin hagler wanted nothing to do with michael spinks and rightfully so.

unless you are michael spinks or roy jones jr youll find very few examples in mma or boxing where a guy successfully jumps up two weight classes and takes on a reigning champion. you could include hopkins in that list but bernard had already beaten glencoffee who beat antonio before deciding to take on the challenge

GGG has said he might move up next year and Ward is a swollen 168 pounder anyway so I wouldn't say he was jumping two weight classes for Ward. Technically he'd be going up zero weight classes since he would be at 168 regardless and that is were the fight would happen.

GGG has said he might move up next year and Ward is a swollen 168 pounder anyway so I wouldn't say he was jumping two weight classes for Ward. Technically he'd be going up zero weight classes since he would be at 168 regardless and that is were the fight would happen.

well, when jmm fought floyd they were technically in the same weight class but everyone knew that there was two weight classes seperating them on the day of the fight.

andres about 183-185 on fight night and golovkin is 170(fight night weight for jacobs) so, yeah, conceivably two weight classes.

i dont know if i am reading too much into it but you appear to be insinuating that they are two guys that are the same size and that the skillset would determine the winner of the fight when most of us that follow boxing know that is anything but the truth

If GGG moves up to 168 to go after all those belts like he said he wants to then that is his weight class. You cannot compare that to some guy going up a weight class for one fight then going back down. It's not the same thing at all. Once you drop your belts and move up that's it. Size is no longer a reasonable excuse. Khan jumped up for one fight and got murdered. Brook did too. GGG wouldn't be doing that at all.

Ward is way more skilled than GGG and at 168 he would be the much bigger guy naturally and I would give him a HUGE advantage for both those reasons if they fought. I think it's a horrible match for GGG and I think he loses badly. Yes there would be a size difference that would obviously favor Ward but that doesn't make it unfair at all. If GGG is at 168 to stay and Ward makes 168 it's a 168 pound fight period. Win lose or die the weight is not a viable excuse.

If GGG moves up to 168 to go after all those belts like he said he wants to then that is his weight class. You cannot compare that to some guy going up a weight class for one fight then going back down. It's not the same thing at all. Once you drop your belts and move up that's it. Size is no longer a reasonable excuse. Khan jumped up for one fight and got murdered. Brook did too. GGG wouldn't be doing that at all.

Ward is way more skilled than GGG and at 168 he would be the much bigger guy naturally and I would give him a HUGE advantage for both those reasons if they fought. I think it's a horrible match for GGG and I think he loses badly. Yes there would be a size difference that would obviously favor Ward but that doesn't make it unfair at all. If GGG is at 168 to stay and Ward makes 168 it's a 168 pound fight period. Win lose or die the weight is not a viable excuse.
All of this is irrelevant unless Ward wins, which isn't a foregone conclusion. I think he will win, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Kovalev win.

All of this is irrelevant unless Ward wins, which isn't a foregone conclusion. I think he will win, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Kovalev win.

Definitely not after the last fight!
I favor Kovalev after the beating he put on Ward last time, one of the worst decisions I seen in a while.

if golovkin himself said that he wanted to move to 168 to win all the belts and if ward can still make the weight then there is no question. i dont remember gennady saying that, only sanchez.

golovkin weighing in at 170 and beating pfp ward at 168, should andre beat kovalev, would be more of an achievement than if floyd fought winky at 154, after calling wright out, when mayweather was weighing in at 150 for his 147 fight.

Yep. Same with GGG.

I guess we still could if they both lose though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back