Ward vs Kovalev 2

Really? That's pretty low for a LHW fight night weight these days, no wonder he stayed down at SMW.

Rehydration limits are not weight classes anyway, essential or not. Those can change depending on pre-fight negotiations if the fighter's team is smart enough.

Most I remember SOG weigh in back in SMW unofficially was 176 against Dawson's 185.

GGG weighed 173 against Marco Antonio Rubio.

But again, none of this matters either at all. All that matters is for both fighters to weigh in the same on the official weigh in even imo. At a higher weight class, GGG would way a lot more depending on his nutritionist and trainers'.

Off topic though.. why do u care why they're play-betting online? They seem to be pretty happy about this little free time passer looking at this(not my cup a tea tho, but ur being weird):

i really dont know why you are referencing the dawson fight that happened almost five years ago when ward himself says what his fight night weight is in the video

kovalev supposedly weighs in high 180s on fight night so around a four or five pound difference from ward. now you can see the difference between what a 170 pound(what gennady weighed for jacobs and for pretty much every 160 fight; was 167 for rosado) fight night weight would be compared to 183-185, pretty much three times what sergey weighs over ward.

if golovkin agrees to fight 168 and ward can make the weight then there is no issue, just that he shouldnt feel obligated to fight who most view as the number 1 pfp boxer in the world. its not like floyd fighting a green 23-year-old canelo in a title unification fight at a 152 contract weight with the intent of draining a fighter.

the fight and weight looks like hagler/spinks, a fight marvin never took. like i said before, these guys are in two different weight classes.

Some people can be trusted.

People in this sub forum have been good about paying their bets but like you mentioned you definitely need to pay attention to who you bet with. I always tell people that. SB and OT (which nobody would have guessed) are good too. Most of the problems come out of the Heavies. You have people who don't even pay up on sig bets there.

i really dont know why you are referencing the dawson fight that happened almost five years ago when ward himself says what his fight night weight is in the video

kovalev supposedly weighs in high 180s on fight night so around a four or five pound difference from ward. now you can see the difference between what a 170 pound(what gennady weighed for jacobs and for pretty much every 160 fight; was 167 for rosado) fight night weight would be compared to 183-185, pretty much three times what sergey weighs over ward.

if golovkin agrees to fight 168 and ward can make the weight then there is no issue, just that he shouldnt feel obligated to fight who most view as the number 1 pfp boxer in the world. its not like floyd fighting a green 23-year-old canelo in a title unification fight at a 152 contract weight with the intent of draining a fighter.

the fight and weight looks like hagler/spinks, a fight marvin never took. like i said before, these guys are in two different weight classes.

I have no idea what ur going on about...
like literally not one point here is coherent...
Ward weighs in at LHW's limit while at LHW weight class, both at official and unofficial. Don't see why that's relevant.

What's wrong with referencing the Dawson weight? "5 years ago"? so when he was 28? how is that relevant? u make it sound like he was 19 before a growth spring. I'm using it to tell u that it's THE HIGHEST Ward as ever weighed in at his entire SMW career during fight night. He was always significantly lower. but Chad was already so used to LHW hits being the reigning Lineal there, so I'm guessing Ward's team decided that it was a necessary adjustment. Same reason he had a couple of Warm ups before Sergey up there.

Anyway, it's common knowledge by now that GGG and his team kept calling out Ward, and went silent once Ward actually considered it. So no point talking about that. But, dont go saying "nah bro, he'd be making a 2 weight class jump for Ward" GTFO

Anyway, NOBODY in combat sport is obligated to move up. so I agree with u on that. Ricardo López is a legend even without his last 3 fights. Hagler never moved up and he's the MW GOAT even though his 2 biggest fights were against fresh WWs.

However, moving up in weight is just another challenge to add to legacy(but again, not necessary just a respect cherry on top if u got the balls to do). Easily over a 100 fighters have won world titles in 2 weight classes(OR MORE) in the modern boxing... even Broner's undisciplined ass has 4. Don't make it sound so impossible.

I have no idea what ur going on about...
like literally not one point here is coherent...
Ward weighs in at LHW's limit while at LHW weight class, both at official and unofficial. Don't see why that's relevant.

What's wrong with referencing the Dawson weight? "5 years ago"? so when he was 28? how is that relevant? u make it sound like he was 19 before a growth spring. I'm using it to tell u that it's THE HIGHEST Ward as ever weighed in at his entire SMW career during fight night. He was always significantly lower. but Chad was already so used to LHW hits being the reigning Lineal there, so I'm guessing Ward's team decided that it was a necessary adjustment. Same reason he had a couple of Warm ups before Sergey up there.

Anyway, it's common knowledge by now that GGG and his team kept calling out Ward, and went silent once Ward actually considered it. So no point talking about that. But, dont go saying "nah bro, he'd be making a 2 weight class jump for Ward" GTFO

Anyway, NOBODY in combat sport is obligated to move up. so I agree with u on that. Ricardo López is a legend even without his last 3 fights. Hagler never moved up and he's the MW GOAT even though his 2 biggest fights were against fresh WWs.

However, moving up in weight is just another challenge to add to legacy(but again, not necessary just a respect cherry on top if u got the balls to do). Easily over a 100 fighters have won world titles in 2 weight classes(OR MORE) in the modern boxing... even Broner's undisciplined ass has 4. Don't make it sound so impossible.

when did golovkin call out ward? all i remember is golovkin being interviewed and asked if he would fight ward he said "yes, maybe." i believe hbo tried to put it together but in no way was golovkin himslef going to the media demading a fight like he has done with canelo and bjs.

as for guys moving up...no problem. as for guys moving up and facing a pfp #1 fighter that is currently fighting two weight classes above him...not so much. michael spinks and jmm in the modern boxing era

and i really dont know what the relevance of wards weight for dawson is five years ago in regards to a possible fight with golvokin when andre says he weighs 183-185 in a recent video and even references guys being bigger than him by eight to ten pounds. golovkin doesnt appear to have ward in his future plans anyway. its like the only people that want to see a possilbe ward/golovkin fight are gennady haters that want to see him lose because most would agree that he doesnt have much of a chance of beating ward

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-beating-canelo-rematch-wbo-belt--117308

hopefully ive been coherent enough for you

lmfao

people here turning a thread about a ward/kovalev superfight rematch into a possible ward/golovkin fight when andre currently campaigns two weight classes above gennady

when did golovkin call out ward? all i remember is golovkin being interviewed and asked if he would fight ward he said "yes, maybe." i believe hbo tried to put it together but in no way was golovkin himslef going to the media demading a fight like he has done with canelo and bjs.

as for guys moving up...no problem. as for guys moving up and facing a pfp #1 fighter that is currently fighting two weight classes above him...not so much. michael spinks and jmm in the modern boxing era

and i really dont know what the relevance of wards weight for dawson is five years ago in regards to a possible fight with golvokin when andre says he weighs 183-185 in a recent video and even references guys being bigger than him by eight to ten pounds. golovkin doesnt appear to have ward in his future plans anyway. its like the only people that want to see a possilbe ward/golovkin fight are gennady haters that want to see him lose because most would agree that he doesnt have much of a chance of beating ward

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-beating-canelo-rematch-wbo-belt--117308

hopefully ive been coherent enough for you
Wait.. you're talking specifically right now? that's more coherent . But you make it seem like he had a growth spring, he can still cut down to SMW, he moved up as a grown ass man. No way Ward can cut down to MW. Only way this fight would happen is at a limit with-in SMW, which Gennady expressed that if the fight happens it would be a superfight at that weight. Same logic can be applied to back when Andre was a SMW which wasn't too long ago.
Regardless, this fight is never gonna happen anyway, so talking about it is pointless. but that whole 2 weight class thing... meaningless. don't know why viewer would give a shit about his a fighter's hydration weight unless there's an extreme limit for it in the negotiation/contract.

Idk if you're reading everything I'm saying or not... Nobody prevented JMM from having warm ups to adjust to the new weight(exactly like Ward did, and every other reasonable boxer should), he obvious still had punching power enough to put Katsidis, Ramos, and Pacman to dreamland after the Floyd fight. I addressed this twice, so these are bad examples.

Wait.. you're talking specifically right now? that's more coherent . But you make it seem like he had a growth spring, he can still cut down to SMW, he moved up as a grown ass man. No way Ward can cut down to MW. Only way this fight would happen is at a limit with-in SMW, which Gennady expressed that if the fight happens it would be a superfight at that weight. Same logic can be applied to back when Andre was a SMW which wasn't too long ago.
Regardless, this fight is never gonna happen anyway, so talking about it is pointless. but that whole 2 weight class thing... meaningless. don't know why viewer would give a shit about his a fighter's hydration weight unless there's an extreme limit for it in the negotiation/contract.

Idk if you're reading everything I'm saying or not... Nobody prevented JMM from having warm ups to adjust to the new weight(exactly like Ward did, and every other reasonable boxer should), he obvious still had punching power enough to put Katsidis, Ramos, and Pacman to dreamland after the Floyd fight. I addressed this twice, so these are bad examples.

how do you know ward would make 168?

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-go-back-168-golovkin-anyone-else--115493

like i said, the only people hoping for a golovkin/ward fight are people that want to see gennady golovkin lose, which he would.

why is this 168 fight even being mentioned in this thread, other than for trolling purposes, when andre himself said that its not going to happen

wtf?

how do you know ward would make 168?

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-go-back-168-golovkin-anyone-else--115493

like i said, the only people hoping for a golovkin/ward fight are people that want to see gennady golovkin lose, which he would.

why is this 168 fight even being mentioned in this thread, other than for trolling purposes, when andre himself said that its not going to happen

wtf?
*Sigh*... We're talking hypotheticals about a fight I already said to u no way would happen. I have been saying it would never happen to all for a year.

"Ward would be able to make 168 pounds again for a long-discussed fight against Golovkin."Virgil Hunter, who told a reporter for a YouTube channel that Ward would be able to make 168 pounds again for a long-discussed fight against Golovkin."

This^ is in the link u just gave me so obviously he can make it if his main trainer says he can.
Nowhere in the article it says he can't make it, just that he doesnt want to.

Idk what "other people" are saying in this thread, I just saw your comment and replied to it.

*Sigh*... We're talking hypotheticals about a fight I already said to u no way would happen. I have been saying it would never happen to all for a year.

"Ward would be able to make 168 pounds again for a long-discussed fight against Golovkin."Virgil Hunter, who told a reporter for a YouTube channel that Ward would be able to make 168 pounds again for a long-discussed fight against Golovkin."

This^ is in the link u just gave me so obviously he can make it if his main trainer says he can.
Nowhere in the article it says he can't make it, just that he doesnt want to.

Idk what "other people" are saying in this thread, I just saw your comment and replied to it.

andre ward said that he is not going to 168 and even corrected hunter.

who cares what hunter said...thats as dumb as people saying that golovkin is going to maybe fight at 175 when he hasnt even fought at 168 just because abel said so

What odds you giving me? beat the bookies and ill consider it.
Your only chance is the judges, you must be a huge Ward fan lol.
Because you are not seeing this match clearly I assure you, I am 100% neutral here and will bet with you roll dependent.

Also that is such a big size difference the first fight, no idea how Ward came through, even getting to the end was a result IMO with the battering he took.
I wasnt giving odds but I guess I can for shits and giggles.

Ward's the favorite by the oddsmakers so I think Im seeing this ok. Ward is the better boxer, most times the better boxer beats the bigger puncher.

Kova is +130 ish right now I think.

who cares what hunter said...thats as dumb as people saying that golovkin is going to maybe fight at 175 when he hasnt even fought at 168 just because abel said so
Thank you for being the say all end all to the boxing forum. Your behind the scenes knowledge has shown us the light.

We can all stop posting about what might happen (note that its been correct every time) now.

I wasnt giving odds but I guess I can for shits and giggles.

Ward's the favorite by the oddsmakers so I think Im seeing this ok. Ward is the better boxer, most times the better boxer beats the bigger puncher.

Kova is +130 ish right now I think.

Get songs

None of that negates what I said, nor is relevant, nor adds anything.
You were talking about ability, there is no reason why he can't. You just repeated what I said which is in the article which is that he just chooses not to. It's obviously because he wishes to retire after this. He was gonna retire after the first one, but the controversy itched him into a rematch.

And that equivalency you gave is completely off and false. which is comparing Golovkin going to a weight he never competed in, to Ward competing in a weight where he has competed at all his career[till less than 2 years ago at age 31]. So it's common sense.
Who cares what Hunter says? he's been his boxing and head coach since he was a teenager, and Ward's nutritionist and S&C guy work for Hunter. He's even Andre's Godfather ffs! lol Sounds more than than reliable to me. Not a good comparison to Abel Sanchez.

You're not reading everything...

Leaning towards Ward. Kov I don't see adjusting and most likely will fight the same way.

Ward gets in, weakens Kov's body its UD Ward.

Kov needs to keep Ward on the outside for any possible chance.

yup if I could tell Ward one thing to do more than he did in the first fight, then I'd tell him to bang the body more. Iirc Kov said he got tired around the 7th or 8th rd and that caused him to slow for most of the second half of the fight. If Ward get inside and works that body more then I could see him tiring the same way this time.

That being said I gotta do a bit more tape watching of the first fight again in order to lay down an actual bet. My gut leans Ward but I still gotta bit more work to do. I really enjoyed the first fight, thought it could've gone either way. Also if either guy's gonna make adjustments for the rematch, Ward will have the advantages both before and during the fight, imo.

yup if I could tell Ward one thing to do more than he did in the first fight, then I'd tell him to bang the body more. Iirc Kov said he got tired around the 7th or 8th rd and that caused him to slow for most of the second half of the fight. If Ward get inside and works that body more then I could see him tiring the same way this time.

That being said I gotta do a bit more tape watching of the first fight again in order to lay down an actual bet. My gut leans Ward but I still gotta bit more work to do. I really enjoyed the first fight, thought it could've gone either way. Also if either guy's gonna make adjustments for the rematch, Ward will have the advantages both before and during the fight, imo.
Body jab and right hooks inside loom.

People in this sub forum have been good about paying their bets but like you mentioned you definitely need to pay attention to who you bet with. I always tell people that. SB and OT (which nobody would have guessed) are good too. Most of the problems come out of the Heavies. You have people who don't even pay up on sig bets there.

What kind of pussy doesn't even pay off a sig? People are such queers. I remember winning/losing a few sigs back in the ot, everybody was cool about, it was fun. I can see how trust issues occur with certain people when it comes to real money but like you said, there's people like yourself and several others who I trust to hold money for me. Just gotta find the right people.

Body jab and right hooks inside loom.
Yup Ward's a pretty boxer and Olympic gold medalist but he can fucking grind too, man. It might not look pretty sometimes but he can take a lot out of other fighters by suffocating them on the inside and chopping away downstairs consistently. He's not out of it if he is having trouble outboxing you, he will get right inside and grind for 12 till the bell rings if he has to.

None of that negates what I said, nor is relevant, nor adds anything.
You were talking about ability, there is no reason why he can't. You just repeated what I said which is in the article which is that he just chooses not to. It's obviously because he wishes to retire after this. He was gonna retire after the first one, but the controversy itched him into a rematch.

And that equivalency you gave is completely off and false. which is comparing Golovkin going to a weight he never competed in, to Ward competing in a weight where he has competed at all his career[till less than 2 years ago at age 31]. So it's common sense.
Who cares what Hunter says? he's been his boxing and head coach since he was a teenager, and Ward's nutritionist and S&C guy work for Hunter. He's even Andre's Godfather ffs! lol Sounds more than than reliable to me. Not a good comparison to Abel Sanchez.

You're not reading everything...

i think im reading evereything that andre ward and gennady golovkin says.

thats why i posted videos and links in case there were any doubts

why are people talking about golovkin in a ward/kovalev thread? especially when they both have big fights coming up and golovkin said that there might be a rematch with canelo and that he wants the wbo belt inhis next fight as well as ward saying that he not going back to 168

stop already or start a seperate golovkin/ward thread

Thank you for being the say all end all to the boxing forum. Your behind the scenes knowledge has shown us the light.

We can all stop posting about what might happen (note that its been correct every time) now.

there is nothing behind the scenes that i posted

its all in the links that i provided supported by direct quotes

Back