Ward vs. Kov 2 130K PPV Buys... Everyone loses

The whole PPV system needs to die. Screw paying for individual cards. Just put them on network, cable or even pay tv channels like HBO or Showtime.
this, also PPV cards used to be stacked, now its just to showoff up and coming fighters which was what FNF was for

Its not about Ward being unpopular (though he is to a degree). RocNation didn't even try to promote the fight. Mainstream media is so hungry for any USA vs. Russia angle that there are writers and news channels willing to do a bit on the Kovalev-Ward 1 controversy. I doubt anyone even tried.

For all the idiocy of Oscar DLH, he has Canelo and GGG going to 3 different cities, 2 different continents, in the span of a day, going to every rinky dink TV or radio show that would have them. And i've already read a couple articles about the fight in major newspapers, and we're still 3 months away. Thats how you promote a fight.

That he's a Flyweight and part of a division that historically never gets any attention.
Lol. Way to move those goal posts.

Lol. Way to move those goal posts.

How am I moving the goalposts?

"Hence Boxing's P4P best, a Middleweight, is pulling Mighty Mouse numbers."

There would've been no reason to mention the fact that he's a Middleweight unless I was making that exact point.

There would've been no reason to mention the fact that he's a Middleweight unless I was making that exact point.

so no middleweight should pull low numbers? or is it that a p4p king shouldn't pull low numbers? or that when you have a p4p king and a middleweight, the numbers shouldn't be low?

low numbers can't possibly be due to ward's personality, or how he fights, or the complete lack of promotion of this bout. no, no, none of that. it's boxing that's dead.

One, hes not a middleweight. Two, his division isnt a popular one. Three, we all know you wanted to drop the P4P best being a ppv flop and it bit you in the ass.

So, like mma's P4P king Mighty Mouse, in an unpopular division, he doesnt sell ppvs.

Still gets paid though. Fascinating tbh.

How is Andre Ward a middleweight?

Are you talking about Saul like @DeJulez already told you but wanted to ignore
He pulled in over a cool 1 million ppv buys
What UFC "event " did that this year ?

I'll wait .........................................:.::..::::::

not trying to make this a mma vs boxing comparison but since you wanted to pull up and start comparing

Because everyone could see this was a fix like the first fight.. ward is fabricated

Back