Rumored Report: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Apparently 'Bombed' In Terms Of U.S. PPV Buys

Francis isn't a shit talker like McGregor, thus that's why his numbers with Floyd is are higher.
But the rematched between Fury with Francis or Francis with another ranked boxer should spark a higher interest now

Not many would put him above Jones, and Frank ain't a draw. That's why the UFC didn't really try all that hard to hang onto him. They would've hashed something out if he was worth it.

They offered him a very large contract.

Not many would put him above Jones, and Frank ain't a draw. That's why the UFC didn't really try all that hard to hang onto him. They would've hashed something out if he was worth it.

If you dont find the best HW in the world who KOs people stiff, a draw, then this sport isnt for you

With what? The saudis are already throwing money at Francis for another event, whatever they wanted out of this they obviously got it.

Exactly. The Saudis paid the tab and could care less about PPV buys. Everybody won.

My eyes test was off for the 4th Round! That’s … (drum roll) One round my eye test was off. Fury out-landed him Round(s) 1,2,5,6,7,9,10. I have always said Francis won 3,6,8 and after checking the stats I should’ve given him 4.

Even then it’ll come down to round 6, bring a 9-9 or 10-9 (because round 3 was a 10-8)
And that’s still the only aspect of the fight I’m torn on. I initially had round 6 as a 9-9 because I had fury winning, but the more I watch the more I see a 10-9.

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-vs-francis-ngannou-compubox-punch-stats--178829
At best Francis Ngannou should’ve had a draw or still lost by a point. And that’s with the fight-metric stats that judges don’t have access to. Not no YellowBagHag fake knock down clips, or any other Assclown rhetoric.
Rounds are not scored based on number of punches landed. How much damage they do matters more and Tyson's jabs were doing very little.

Even then, you are wrong on the numbers.
Round 7, they are equal in total punches landed, but Ngannou landed 1 more power punch. So 10-9 Ngannou, clear as day.
No one on their right mind gives Tyson round 7.

Round 2, Fury has the number advantage by one jab, one single jab. And Ngannou landed clearly the better punches in that round. Very close but 10-9 Ngannou imo.

Even based on your scoring method, you should give Ngannou 3,4, 7 and 8. No less. Not including a penalty for the elbow.

Rounds are not scored based on number of punches landed. How much damage they do matters more and Tyson's jabs were doing very little.

Even then, you are wrong on the numbers.
Round 7, they are equal in total punches landed, but Ngannou landed 1 more power punch. So 10-9 Ngannou, clear as day.
No one on their right mind gives Tyson round 7.

Round 2, Fury has the number advantage by one jab, one single jab. And Ngannou landed clearly the better punches in that round. Very close but 10-9 Ngannou imo.

Even based on your scoring method, you should give Ngannou 3,4, 7 and 8. No less. Not including a penalty for the elbow.
A slick boxer isn't causing more damage than a bruiser, that's not how boxing is scored. It's hit not be hit, and control the fight & dicate what kind of fight is happening and that's exactly what fury did.

That's how flyod won most of his fight he threw less but landed the better % shots and controlled his opponents and dictated what kind of fight it was. Samething fury did, he only lost 3,7&8 convincingly imo.

He won that fight 96-93 just as 1 judge and at least 2 website scored it which was boxingscene.com "credible scorecards' and mmamania. Aswell as guys like Teddy Atlas who gave fury 8 rds.

Truth is Frank did better than what most people thought he would so mma fans are blowing this out of proportion and just saying crazy stuff about a sport 90% of them don't watch or know anything about

Last edited:
He said his objective is gdp growth "do you know what that is" not sports washing.

That means he wants a return for what he is doing. Selling ppv, having people go there rent hotels buy food ect. Spending 80 million to make 20million isn't growing anything.

Also his net worth is around 25 billion. You guys act like they have musk money.

Anyone of these guys can go broke with being too fruitful.

And just so you know we don't NEED Saudi oil if you try going that route

You think he's going to publicly say his plan is sports washing lol. So you forget about human right etc and just think sports when hearing Saudi Arabia. You probably watch the news thinking its only propaganda if they admit to it lol.

You act like these people have the same mentally as the local sole trader. I had no idea who I was going back and fourth with.

Believing it when he says the aim is gdp growth yeap cause nothing does that more then hosting random fights which no fans asked for and paying hundreds of celebs to show up and giving them all free tickets.

You think he's going to publicly say his plan is sports washing lol. So you forget about human right etc and just think sports when hearing Saudi Arabia. You probably watch the news thinking its only propaganda if they admit to it lol.

You act like these people have the same mentally as the local sole trader. I had no idea who I was going back and fourth with.

Believing it when he says the aim is gdp growth yeap cause nothing does that more then hosting random fights which no fans asked for and paying hundreds of celebs to show up and giving them all free tickets.
Wouldn't that go along with your idea of in 20 yrs it will be the sports capital of the world and all these investments pay off :rolleyes::confused: pick a fucking side dude.

If what you say actually happened in 20 yrs then yes his gdp is going to rise from tourism.

You're all over the fucking place

Truth is he is losing millions and it can only go on for so long until they cut the loses and move on

A slick boxer isn't causing more damage than a bruiser, that's not how boxing is scored. It's hit not be hit, and control the fight & dicate what kind of fight is happening and that's exactly what fury did.

You really don't know how a boxing match is scored :

Here are the following areas in which boxing judges are encouraged to determine who 'won' or 'lost' a round:

• Effective Aggression: Being aggressive gives the impression of dominance, but unless the boxer is landing shots and not constantly getting countered, it isn't really 'effective'. Judges look for effective aggression, where the aggressor consistently lands punches and avoids those from his opponent.
  • Ring Generalship: The fighter who controls the action and enforces their will and style.
  • Defense: How well is a boxer slipping, parrying, and blocking punches? Good defense is important.
  • Hard and Clean Punches: To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or aren’t landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean.
https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/box...judges-and-referees/zncunu9sov881vkqqvvqlsu67

At best, you could say Fury was ahead in defense since he ran away and fought scared the whole fight.

He won that fight 96-93 just as 1 judge and at least 2 website scored it which was boxingscene.com "credible scorecards' and mmamania. Aswell as guys like Teddy Atlas who gave fury 8 rds.

Far more people think that Ngannou won than the contrary, including reputable sources. Nobody cares about your cherry picked examples.

You really don't know how a boxing match is scored :

Here are the following areas in which boxing judges are encouraged to determine who 'won' or 'lost' a round:

• Effective Aggression: Being aggressive gives the impression of dominance, but unless the boxer is landing shots and not constantly getting countered, it isn't really 'effective'. Judges look for effective aggression, where the aggressor consistently lands punches and avoids those from his opponent.
  • Ring Generalship: The fighter who controls the action and enforces their will and style.
  • Defense: How well is a boxer slipping, parrying, and blocking punches? Good defense is important.
  • Hard and Clean Punches: To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or aren’t landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean.
https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/box...judges-and-referees/zncunu9sov881vkqqvvqlsu67

At best, you could say Fury was ahead in defense since he ran away and fought scared the whole fight.

Far more people think that Ngannou won than the contrary, including reputable sources. Nobody cares about your cherry picked examples.
Was Floyd aggressive? You don't know what you are talking about at all.

Yeah mma guys think that delusional crap

Was Floyd aggressive? You don't know what you are talking about at all.

No boxer had effective aggression against Floyd. Ngannou scored two knockdowns against Fury who was scared during the whole fight after the first knockdown.

No boxer had effective aggression against Floyd. Ngannou scored two knockdowns against Fury who was scared during the whole fight after the first knockdown.
The fuck he did.. what rd was this supposed 2nd kd? Right there shows you are clueless

Next fucking things you guys will be saying is tyson got a long count<Lmaoo>

If you dont find the best HW in the world who KOs people stiff, a draw, then this sport isnt for you

Being a PPV draw has nothing to do with personal taste. The guy didn't say he wouldn't watch his fights he just said he's not a draw.

Wouldn't that go along with your idea of in 20 yrs it will be the sports capital of the world and all these investments pay off :rolleyes::confused: pick a fucking side dude.

If what you say actually happened in 20 yrs then yes his gdp is going to rise from tourism.

You're all over the fucking place

Truth is he is losing millions and it can only go on for so long until they cut the loses and move on

You seemed to be having multiple back and fourths with ppl. The simple fact is you don't seem to understand what sport washing is. I've give multiple examples from Manchester City and psg to the Saudi Pro league even the recent Qater World Cup but still you don't get it. Which is fine I seem to be wasting my time attempting to explain it as you seem to think the end goal was simply to make profit on a fight that had no real buzz to begin with.

If you really think the goal for fury vs Francis was to rise the gdp then I guess there is no point discussing this as I can't believe anyone would buy that line. The event is the definition of a loss leader.

My points have been consistent it's sports washing 101 with a long term goal of becoming a sport capital which would directly change the countries imagine which is the bigger goal. Hence why its state sponsored but none of this seems to get through to you.

What on earth would he be trying to negotiate with those arguments? Bringing up that Wilder isn't as good or as big of a draw as the guy he just bombed with, considering Wilder has had multiple PPVs flop that lost money, doesn't seem like a great way to negotiate more money.

The argument is pretty simple:

Nobody bought the first fight because they thought Fury would clown me. He didn’t clown me. Now people will buy the next one.

It’s not that complicated.

They may or may not buy that, but that’s the argument.

its a weird world where MMA fans are celebrating trying to bring the UFC down over just seeing good fights like Jones v Ngannou.

we missed out on an awesome fight that I would have rather seen than some random boxing match...

Back