RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Ngannou vs Joshua Discussion 11AM ET/8AM PT, 3/8 DAZN PPV

He's never struck me as a big spender like so many idiotic rookie professional athletes that blow millions as if those were the paychecks they'd me making for the rest of their lives, then they're cut in a few years and their athletic careers are over and they got to get a regular job.

Francis is a pretty intelligent guy with a wife & daughters, so he's going to make that $35+ million last the rest of his life by making sound investments.

If I were him, building a 250 unit apartment community would be the absolute best means to ensure that money keeps rolling in.
He did have some money issues in the UFC, and borrowed 200k from Usman meanwhile wearing expensive luxury goods. Hoping he's gotten better with his money

He did have some money issues in the UFC, and borrowed 200k from Usman meanwhile wearing expensive luxury goods. Hoping he's gotten better with his money

Oh shit.... didn't know that.

Well I recall his PFL deal was beyond just fighting. I think he has a board position, so if that's guaranteed to be long term then its doubtful he'd be in the poor house anytime soon.

Well I recall his PFL deal was beyond just fighting. I think he has a board position, so if that's guaranteed to be long term then its doubtful he'd be in the poor house anytime soon.
This topic came out few years ago, was kind of a big subject here for a bit then leading to his boxing career and not re-signing with the UFC

Wow! Yes! Zhang had his moments but Parker really stepped up again! He keeps improving. Great win for Parker! He's in line for a title shot!

Wow! Yes! What an amazing performance by Joshua! There is no shame for Ngannou, he can still beat some fighters! Joshua has improved a lot! Now Joshua should be getting more respect and with these dominant performances that respect for him will grow.

Great win for Anthony Joshua! Congratulations to him and he deserves his shot at the titles. Anthony Joshua could again be a Heavyweight Champion!

Last edited:
Francis did what was best for him, it's his life and he has made money which is enough for a lifetime. However, it was very clear that he didn't belong in the ring at this level. My first impression of the Fury fight was also, wow, but I watched it again and neither one didn't look very good in that fight, by high level boxing standards.

I also think Francis turned into kind of a diva, but sometimes shows he is still humble, paying coaches alot etc.. But I can never root for grown men who wears sunglasses indoors.

The story might not be over, first time he got stopped sure a bad KO, but his MMA-legacy is filled with what ifs, he got badly outclassed this time.. He has money (but looks like he is a real spender), and did what he thought was best for him. Both a frustrating and inspiring story. I do think he should focus on a few MMA-fights now, and see what happens.

Coming at AJ southpaw was not smart.

The idea that he's bad against southpaws is just recency bias from the Usyk fights.

Yup. Although later we saw that in the orthodox stance he also had no defense for the right hand.

So it was a mirage afterall.

Congrats to Anthony Joshua with a devastating, one sided victory over Ngannou. He easily exploited Ngannou weaknesses. Ngannou was plodding around and sloppy looking not sharp at all. While Joshua was very sharp, his punches looked crisp on to the point obviously. I don't think Ngannou can do well against not only the top 10, with even top 20 best HW boxers. He just doesn't have the sharpness and the quickness of his punches, he's too predictable. His fight with Fury was anomaly indeed. I'd be surprised if he goes back to fighting in boxing. That's if someone offers him millions, but I doubt that even.

Although saying that, Ngannou should hold his head up high. Because he accomplished his dreams of being a professional boxer. Good on him. But I suggest to stay with MMA now and just fight for the belt in PFL.

He's never struck me as a big spender like so many idiotic rookie professional athletes that blow millions as if those were the paychecks they'd me making for the rest of their lives, then they're cut in a few years and their athletic careers are over and they got to get a regular job.

Francis is a pretty intelligent guy with a wife & daughters, so he's going to make that $35+ million last the rest of his life by making sound investments.

If I were him, building a 250 unit apartment community would be the absolute best means to ensure that money keeps rolling in.

Francis does not have wife and kids, he said on many occasions that he wants to have a family one day.

On the fight, what happened was supposed to happen, a guy with one boxing fight, although a great performance against the number one HW boxer on the planet, against a multiple time HW world champion who's done this for 15 years, olympic gold medalist after only training for like 3-4 years. One could wonder what the hell Fury was doing, is he that much of a head case, was it lack of preparation or just simply a perfect clash of styles for big Frank? Fury is not a puncher, so while being a great boxer, Francis did not fear him or his power, that's why he was able to simply stay in the exchanges and fire, Fury's usual leaning and bullying simply doesn't work against the physically much stronger Ngannou. But against AJ, you could see in the first couple of exchanges, that he was very uncomfortable, the speed, the crispness of the jab, also the way AJ sits on his punches, it's a completely different ball game when a super athlete 250 lbs man who knows how to punch.....against a guy with a right hand like that, you have to have your defense tight, that lead hand must be in position to protect you at all times.

Last edited:
Only respects given by AJ and Ngannou. Love it. That's how you do it.

Reactions: MT7

I think he borrowed money for his training camp, not for expensive trinkets.

was it really worth 30 mil to ruin his image/legacy/ego ? .. not to mention he's an internet meme now .. he is set if he manages it correctly though
Oh', there's not a whole lot $30 million isn't worth, if you don't already have $30 million dollars, and it's not like he hasn't been beaten before by lesser names for far less money. In that regard, I don't blame him for stepping into the boxing realm.

I don't think it's all that damaging to his rep, though, and he's always got MMA as an option, which I'm sure he's already looking at to bounce back. All things considered, getting decision'd by one elite HW boxer, and then getting slept by another, is probably better than anyone realistically expected from him in Boxing, if they were being honest with themselves.

joshua is feeling himself after beating a novice .. until he gets beaten again by(an actual elite boxer)usyk/fury and then he'll have another mental breakdown

is it me or did ngannou come out of the fight cock eyed .. joshua rearranged his eyes literally lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back