War Room Lounge V26: Neoliberal Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit odd that we're now barred from calling them out, don't you think? Such rules actually protect them, which is dangerous.
Well last night we had 2 leftist guys saying sexual things about that Desmond kid for the purpose of getting other people infracted. I’d infract the guys that talk sexually about 11 year old kids, instead of the guys that call it what it is.
Those dudes talking sexually about 11 year old boys is more damaging to the forum in my opinion. But I don’t make the rules.

Well last night we had 2 leftist guys saying sexual things about that Desmond kid for the purpose of getting other people infracted. I’d infract the guys that talk sexually about 11 year old kids, instead of the guys that call it what it is.
Those dudes talking sexually about 11 year old boys is more damaging to the forum in my opinion. But I don’t make the rules.

I think this rule is a very bad look for the forum. A very bad look. It prevents pedophiles from being called out, gives them more leeway to express and promote it, and threatens those that would dare to blow the whistle on them. What a shameful development here on Sherdog.

There shouldn't be protection for pedophiles anywhere on earth.

I think this rule is a very bad look for the forum. A very bad look. It prevents pedophiles from being called out, gives them more leeway to express and promote it, and threatens those that would dare to blow the whistle on them. What a shameful development here on Sherdog.

They will probably win an award.

Yeah, I think we should call it for what it is. But we can't. It's also the new Homer T rule and the gift he left us when he got banned.

Yeah, I think we should call it for what it is. But we can't. It's also the new Homer T rule and the gift he left us when he got banned.
Homer-Simpson-Middle-finger.gif

It's the new tactic by leftists to get us infracted. @Tropodan

I used to have that type of dream while attending university. I would dream that there was a class I completely forgot to attend and have this dread about how I would have to spend another semester retaking that class.

No, mine isn't like that, as that wouldn't really bother me. Mine is that I've been enrolled in the class but I have continually forgotten to go to it, so (as is the case with law school and the effect of attendance grades) I am certain to fail and have it destroy my class rank, and it's too late to drop it.

@Fawlty is actually the genius behind Chuck Tingle. The inspiration was for the sequel to Buttageddon.
I came across a lawsuit against Amazon and Mr. Tingle a few years ago. Apparently he used some strangers' wedding pictures for a book cover once. They were mad.

No, mine isn't like that, as that wouldn't really bother me. Mine is that I've been enrolled in the class but I have continually forgotten to go to it, so (as is the case with law school and the effect of attendance grades) I am certain to fail and have it destroy my class rank, and it's too late to drop it.

I still have those dreams about undergrad and I graduated 10 years ago

i dont have time to read this thread. who am i not supposed to offend?

If you have that kind of drive why not get into the private sector? Sounds like you have a competitive spirit.

Several of the people I served with have taken their lives. Another turned into a drunk due to his PTSD and was killed by a car while crossing the street. Our nation fails its warriors.

https://www.usmclife.com/2018/12/ma...tShXX7WvOqO1h757QAM7VL9sk8#utm_source=5 Bravo
A retired Marine colonel was found outside of a Florida VA hospital wearing his dress uniform, sitting on top of his military records in the hospital’s parking lot after he took his own life with a firearm.

Retired Colonel James Flynn Turner IV committed the somewhat-ceremonial suicidal act on December 10 outside of the Bay Pines Veterans Affairs complex, becoming the fifth person to kill themselves at the facility.

Once a young man from a well-to-do Baltimore family, Turner joined the Marines over two decades ago, flying F/A-18 Hornets before becoming an infantry officer, serving in Iraq and Afghanistan before taking a position with the US Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base.

According to his family, however, he became aimless after the Marine Corps, having lost his purpose in life.

“My brother’s identity was being a Marine,” said Jon Turner, the late colonel’s younger brother.

Turner’s issues became apparent over time, and ultimately ended up with Pinellas County Sheriff’s deputies detaining him under the state’s Baker Act in 2016, after he chased his own son out of his home with a weapon. He and his wife, Jennifer, separated shortly after.

“He came home seemingly fine,” said Jennifer Turner. “It was a couple of years later that he just got more aggressive.”

According to the Tampa Bay Times, Turner left a suicide note behind that expressed his frustration with the VA.

“I bet if you look at the 22 suicides a day you will see VA screwed up in 90%,”Turner wrote. “I did 20+ years, had PTSD and still had to pay over $1,000 a month health care.”

The VA did not comment on the matter, citing privacy concerns.

Turner’s obituary indicated that funeral services took place on Friday.

© 2018 Bright Mountain Media, Inc.

All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at [email protected], ticker BMTM.

That is a good point, actually. The whole zero tolerance Homer rule has created a trapping problem. I just hope there is some discretion being used when handing out the dubs, because there is some very obvious bait being laid down, and a newcomer isn't going to know the rules and get nailed, nor is it fair that regulars have to bite their tongue and let the bait comments go, no matter how fucked up they are.

I used to have that type of dream while attending university. I would dream that there was a class I completely forgot to attend and have this dread about how I would have to spend another semester retaking that class.
I had that dream as well but my fear was that it would delay and potentially damage my career. I actually love college.

I've thought about going back to study philosophy or something else of interest if (hopefully when) I make enough to stop working and if that happens early enough in my life.

Anyway, I think that dream is extremely common as I know many people who had the same dream/fear. And I'm probably unusual - most people want to get the hell out of school.

Take a look the greatest Christmas story ever told other than the first one of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back