War Room Lounge V26: Neoliberal Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took a plea and the Judge said "having a felony like this might impact your ability to find work" (combo of theft and fraud was being plead guilty to so crimes of dishonesty as they're called).

Response:
"I don't care because I don't want a real job anyway and can live on SSI and SSDI"

Even the defendant's attorney had this kind of "wtf" look on their face.

wait, did someone just say the MSM has a RIGHTWARD AND GOP leaning balance?

where, bizarro world?

@Limbo Pete you ever get that end-of-semester anxiety, where even after everything is wrapped up you still can't shake the feeling that you have tons of shit to do?

I think I'm going to spend a month in Mexico next year and purely focus on writing.

I was thinking about Playas de Tijuana or Rosarito but spending time in San Miguel De Allende has been a dream of mine since I was a child.

I've been looking at monthly rentals in both places.
https://guanajuato.craigslist.org/v...ental-apartment/6758370222.html?lang=en&cc=us

San Miguel de Allende is also an expat town which would help a lot.

Hey @Rod1 what do you think?

@Limbo Pete you ever get that end-of-semester anxiety, where even after everything is wrapped up you still can't shake the feeling that you have tons of shit to do?
Wasn't asking me but happened all the time when I was taking my undergrad.

Sucked ass.

Wasn't asking me but happened all the time when I was taking my undergrad.

Sucked ass.
seems like the opposite of senioritis....

I remember the day I took my last undergrad final, I was so stoked I knowingly just said 'f it' and made an illegal left turn out of the SDSU parking structure.

Motorcycle cop (hiding behind a dumpster, is that legal?) got me, only traffic citation I've ever received.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to spend a month in Mexico next year and purely focus on writing.

I was thinking about Playas de Tijuana or Rosarito but spending time in San Miguel De Allende has been a dream of mine since I was a child.

https://guanajuato.craigslist.org/v...ental-apartment/6758370222.html?lang=en&cc=us

Puerto Nuevo (just past Rosarito) has excellent lobster restaurants, and just solid food in general

seems like the opposite of senioritis....

I remember the day I took my last undergrad final, I was so stoked I knowingly just said 'f it' and made in illegal left turn out of the SDSU parking structure.

Motorcycle cop (hiding behind a dumpster, is that legal?) got me, only traffic citation I've ever received.
I will admit I did something similar after my last final but all the prior terms I always felt like I was freaking out after finals were done like I forgot to do something.

I will admit I did something similar after my last final but all the prior terms I always felt like I was freaking out after finals were done like I forgot to do something.
I kept forgetting if my paid my cap/gown fee or whatever for graduation, and then if I did the required paperwork for the Univ Honors Program

I also didn't go to my graduation, it was for all College of Arts and Letters and took way too long. They even called me up to speak as Salutatorian hahaha
edit: to kinda make up for that, I did attend both Masters grad ceremonies

Oh lord yes
I had that bad this term. Didn't go away until I returned the giant stacks of books that had been staring me down.

Puerto Nuevo (just past Rosarito) has excellent lobster restaurants, and just solid food in general

I'll check it out. I've wined and dined in Baja California before and the food is incredible.

Craigslist the houses in that area. They're incredible.

Normally I'd post this in the boxing subforum but the couple times it's come up everyone agrees either she did it or she knew.

Seeing the image of Gatti's daughter looking at his HoF plaque followed by his gravestone when I watched this yesterday made me go back and watch that either NBC or MSNBC special were they dug into the events surrounding his death and... curious what the War Room's take on it is... I know most of us came to this site because we're combat sports fans first and foremost.

Personally, I think she paid someone to do it. I agree with the analysis that there's no way someone her size could potentially lift up the dead weight of a body of a person the size of Gatti but too much of where his body ended up under a ledge and shit and how she acted like a rockstar following his death just makes me feel like she saw her meal ticket thinking about retiring (let's be honest, had Gatti survived and was still around today there's a high likelihood he'd be a slurring speech mess the way Chuck Liddell is given the damage he took in the 3 Ward fights and all the other fights he had) and she chose a method to get one last payday.

^^^^Part 1 of that investigative series I was talking about

Gatti's wife absolutely had him killed

there's zero doubt in that

The Edwin Valero story (undefeated Venezuelan boxer, allegedly killed his wife then killed in prison the same night) is mad sketch as well

Gatti's wife absolutely had him killed

there's zero doubt in that

The Edwin Valero story (undefeated Venezuelan boxer, allegedly killed his wife then killed in prison the same night) is mad sketch as well
The Valero story I could see him beating her up. It's been shown he had at least one other time beaten her pretty badly and he had a history of violence as a child and had a known super short temper. I don't see him killing her and then killing himself and leaving his kids orphans though because by all accounts he lived for his kids basically.

Pisses me off how the Brazilian government seemingly won't let outsiders look into anything other than the crime scene photos.

Last edited:

Come to my town, we have potholes and carne asada.

Come to my town, we have gun crime and gooey cracker pizza.

To this day (I've been out of school entirely for four years), I still have a reoccurring dream where half-way through or towards the end of a law school/college semester I realize that there has been a class that I've been forgetting to go to, and I go to it early in the dream and then forget for several weeks and go again and realize how utterly fucked my class rank is going to be. It's really, really unpleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back