War Room Lounge V26: Neoliberal Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I despise the stuff

You sure about that? Perhaps there are some products you have yet to try. No matter, what kind of soap do you use to keep yourself clean?

You sure about that? Perhaps there are some products you have yet to try. No matter, what kind of soap do you use to keep yourself clean?

@irish_thug always smells like a fresh Irish spring.

Okay, so my girlfriend is into psychedelics and their uses in psychiatry, and she's read Michael Pollan's ''How to Change your Mind'' as well as ''the psychedelic explorer's guide.'' For christmas I bought her Huxley''s ''doors of perception,'' terrance mckenna's ''food of the god's'' and, based on the recommendation of someone at the bookstore, Pihkal.

Anyone know of any other titles I should consider?

Brave New World

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ottish-Parliament-new-drive-stamp-sexism.html

Gingerbread men have been replaced by gingerbread persons in the Scottish Parliament’s coffee shop in case the traditional name causes offence.

The move comes as a strategy aimed at stamping out sexual harassment and sexism was introduced at Holyrood this week after a survey found 30 per cent of women working there believed they had been sexually harassed.

But the decision to rename the sweet treat has not gone down well with everyone.
You should boycott the Scottish parliament coffee shop.

Okay, so my girlfriend is into psychedelics and their uses in psychiatry, and she's read Michael Pollan's ''How to Change your Mind'' as well as ''the psychedelic explorer's guide.'' For christmas I bought her Huxley''s ''doors of perception,'' terrance mckenna's ''food of the god's'' and, based on the recommendation of someone at the bookstore, Pihkal.

Anyone know of any other titles I should consider?

5ITe.gif

FWIW, I'm very suspect of psychedelics being used in psychotherapy. They can have very adverse consequences for persons with latent anxiety disorders.

It's not every year that you get to knock the mrs' christmas present out of the park. She's completely fixated on this stuff. She did ayahuasca this year and, FWIW, it's been a completely positive development in our relationship. I did worry that she'd go off the deep end and join a commune or some shit like that but it worked out.

...the commune even has wifi.

My face is still sore from sparring yesterday. Like, the point of my chin I can feel where I got popped a couple times still.

FWIW, I'm very suspect of psychedelics being used in psychotherapy. They can have very adverse consequences for persons with latent anxiety disorders.
I'm super encouraged by them. They have been shown repeatedly to help with various disorders, PTSD, anxiety, and depression. The results for PTSD are especially encouraging. Your fears will hopefully be allayed by reminding you their use occurs in a clinical setting, not in a self-administered manner.

Indeed it is true that "An abundance of caution should be accorded psychedelics, which carry real risks and are formally designated Schedule I drugs, signifying that they are dangerous, without therapeutic value, and illegal. Older clinicians remember news stories of deaths of individuals high on hallucinogens who thought they could fly, those with bad trips and flashbacks, and studies that purported to show chromosome damage associated with use of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)."

But
"However, given the extent of persistent emotional and existential suffering that palliative care clinicians encounter in the patients we serve, these medications deserve serious consideration by our field."

More,
"Psychiatric research in the 1950s and 1960s showed potential for psychedelic medications to markedly alleviate depression and suffering associated with terminal illness. More recent published studies have demonstrated the safety and efficacy of psilocybin, MDMA, and ketamine when administered in a medically supervised and monitored approach. A single or brief series of sessions often results in substantial and sustained improvement among people with treatment-resistant depression and anxiety, including those with serious medical conditions."

And,
"The recently published research strengthens findings of earlier studies, showing significant efficacy and few adverse effects when these medications are administered as adjuncts to psychotherapy to carefully screened patients, under medical supervision.1–3 Three drugs, psilocybin, ketamine, and MDMA, have attracted most of the recent attention. Psilocybin, a naturally occurring drug found in psilocybe mushrooms, has strong and durable benefits for some patients with treatment-resistant depression, and for those with demoralization, anxiety, and depression associated with terminal illness. Ketamine, a Federal Drug Administration (FDA)-approved anesthetic with analgesic and psychedelic properties, has been used off-label in patients with treatment-resistant depression. In case studies and small clinical series, ketamine has shown notably positive effects.14–16 MDMA, a drug synthesized in 1912 as a potential anticoagulant, was later found to have strong psychoactive properties. In the 1970s and early 1980s, psychiatrists who administered MDMA in the context of psychotherapy observed sometimes dramatic improvements in patients suffering from severe, treatment-resistant PTSD.17,18"
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5867510/

My face is still sore from sparring yesterday. Like, the point of my chin I can feel where I got popped a couple times still.

Seems you didn't have such an elegant dacne with your partner Mr. Gregolian. Make sure to moisturize your beautiful chin after cleansing yourself of the impurities from your intense session. You must be soft and perfect....

Seems you didn't have such an elegant dacne with your partner Mr. Gregolian. Make sure to moisturize your beautiful chin after cleansing yourself of the impurities from your intense session. You must be soft and perfect....
I soaked my internals in Bulliet Bourbon.

The clip of Arturo Gatti's daughter looking at his HoF plaque always causes some ninja around me to start slicing onions.

You will be.....
I can SORTA do white wine... as in after 2 cocktails at dinner out with my folks I can finish off my mom's wine that she undoubtedly doesn't finish.

@Jack V Savage, I know you don't like watching long videos, but if you do get the chance and want to watch this, I'd be interested in your impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back