[Wand Interview]"I can't even speak English properly, much less read contracts"

If not understanding random tests is a valid reason to not take them, no one who doesnt speak english has to take random tests. That wasnt very complicated.

Thing is, there wasn't any evidence that this guy was a member of the Commission (at least, that's what Wandy claims). Not only that, but it wouldn't be logical for you to sign a paper without your lawyer present.

Thing is, there wasn't any evidence that this guy was a member of the Commission (at least, that's what Wandy claims). Not only that, but it wouldn't be logical for you to sign a paper without your lawyer present.

Yes it would. Wand didnt call his lawyer though, he just bailed.

So? How does that disprove Wendy's claim of always applying the week before?

Because if Wand still hadn't applied for his licence yet for UFC 175, his last available chance is June 17th. He can't apply the week of the fight as they don't meet the week of the fight.

He was trying to game the system and apply at the last possible moment (June 17th). Hence why the commission sent someone to see him and said he had plenty of time to apply as he did but chose not to.

I can see were you're coming from. However, thing is, according to him, the guy didn't have anything to show that he was a member of the (credentials, nametag, exams, etc) of the Comission. That's probably why his wife got in touch with the Commission to understand what was going on.

Where was his lawyer, though? Judging from the context of the statement, I'm going to assume he contacted his wife (who contacted his lawyer) when he was already on his way to train Barao.

If this was some amateur maybe I would understand, but Wanderlei should know better. Instead of waiting for his lawyer, he left. From what I know, Silva doesn't train or coach Barao, so that's a pretty weird excuse (besides, he was on his way to just watch Barao fight, not to train). His whole thought process, and excuses, in the situation don't make sense, at least not for someone that's as experienced as he is. That makes me believe he's evading something.

If this was some amateur maybe I would understand, but Wanderlei should know better. Instead of waiting for his lawyer, he left. From what I know, Silva doesn't train or coach Barao, so that's a pretty weird excuse (besides, he was on his way to just watch Barao fight, not to train). His whole thought process, and excuses, in the situation don't make sense, at least not for someone that's as experienced as he is. That makes me believe he's evading something.

Yeah, I'd say he handled it poorly. This whole thing has been nothing but a fuckin' mess, though.

Because signing random papers is clearly logical. He had his wife contact his lawyer.

Because running away from a guy claiming to be from the athletic commission is clearly logical.

He didn't have to sign the papers if he wasn't sure. Instead, he could have stood there, called his lawyer, asked for verification of the person, call the commission, do a myriad of things to make sure that the right thing is done here. But what does he choose to do? "Oh, I got a fight to watch." And he bails. :rolleyes:

It's really hard to believe that a guy that stood his ground against fighters like cro cop and mark hunt to duck Sonnen... I know this isn't Pride FC anymore but still, Sonnen has a big mouth and without TRT he shouldn't even be allowed to fight in the big leagues.

Why he wait if there was no evidence that the guy was legit?

He felt the need to have his wife contact his lawyer, so he must have suspected the guy could be real. He just didnt wait to actually hear what his lawyer had to say, or show up. No other fighter has had this issue.

Because running away from a guy claiming to be from the athletic commission is clearly logical.

Yeah, he should sign papers from a guy that looked like he just came from off of the street who doesn't provide any evidence whatsoever that he's from the Commission.

He didn't have to sign the papers if he wasn't sure.

Where are you getting that he signed the papers?

Instead, he could have stood there, called his lawyer, asked for verification of the person, call the commission, do a myriad of things to make sure that the right thing is done here. But what does he choose to do? "Oh, I got a fight to watch." And he bails. :rolleyes:

You do know he had his wife contact his lawyer, who also contacted the Commission, right?

Hey thanks, i followed the link and there's a missing albeit important last question and statement from Wanderlei:

Voc

You mean the article that is translated from Portuguese to english?
Good god, some of you, I swear.

Thank you Speeit for patrolling this thread and the dumbasses it is inevitably popping out.

As far as this situation. Idk I'm a huge wand fan and not being there I don't know wtf happened but I do know one thing, wand ain't scared of anyone and will bang with anyone. Fighting 300lb hunt on 2 days notice earns u that respect.

Why he wait if there was no evidence that the guy was legit?

man you Wand fans are living in denial.. fuck the facts hey brah.

he ran from the test because he knew he would fail. Nothing more than that.

Lmao weak excuse.. Was never a problem until now

yep, because until now none of his drug tests were random or surprise. They were always scheduled, just like he says in the interview. When they are scheduled you can cycle-off or purge your system in various ways to cheat the test. No way to cheat the test in this case, so it was a problem.

Because if Wand still hadn't applied for his licence yet for UFC 175, his last available chance is June 17th. He can't apply the week of the fight as they don't meet the week of the fight.

He was trying to game the system and apply at the last possible moment (June 17th). Hence why the commission sent someone to see him and said he had plenty of time to apply as he did but chose not to.

OK, thanks, I didn't know that. But why were they asking him to sign documents that day instead of allowing him to wait until the 17th? And has anyone from the NSAC confirmed they were there to take urine or blood samples?

I don't believe Wand is scared to fight anyone, but the way he handled this random drug test has been terrible.

Yeah, he should sign papers from a guy that looked like he just came from off of the street who doesn't provide any evidence whatsoever that he's from the Commission.

Where are you getting that he signed the papers?

You do know he had his wife contact his lawyer, who also contacted the Commission, right?

Great job completely misinterpreting what I wrote and ignoring any of the points made so that you can continue to feel good about worshiping your hero, Wanderlei. The guy who ran from a drug test.

Back